• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ross Barkley

Barkley has a hell of a lot more talent than Dier. Of course what Dier has over Barkley is awareness and discipline. One thing I would say though is that I would expect Pochettino to be able to coach the awareness and discipline into Barkley, whereas I don't think Poch can coach 'talent' into Dier.

Agree with this. Dier is a bit of a master of all but a jack of none. There are lots of players like this , he is a good type granted but the type that always gets highly praised when the team is doing well .

Barkley has a lot more natural talent and technique - by definition this is much rarer.

Agree with this. Dier is a bit of a master of all but a jack of none. There are lots of players like this , he is a good type granted but the type that always gets highly praised when the team is doing well .

Barkley has a lot more natural talent and technique - by definition this is much rarer.

Dier is a utility player (something Poch likes) and what he has in bags over Barkley is consistency, Barkley has never consistently delivered.

Dier is a first team player, Barkley (if he did) would be a bench player at Spurs, he'd have to (not saying it isn't possible) up his game and consistency considerably to push for a start.

You know what? I've been reading this thread and have given it a lot of thought.

It's a 'yes' from me for Barkley. Size, pace, stenghth, technique, ball control...there's more than enough raw ingredients there to develop.

And for £20m it should be a no brainer. Especially as we could do with an extra body in that position

You know what? I've been reading this thread and have given it a lot of thought.

It's a 'yes' from me for Barkley. Size, pace, stenghth, technique, ball control...there's more than enough raw ingredients there to develop.

And for £20m it should be a no brainer. Especially as we could do with an extra body in that position

Intelligence is the big missing piece though. He's a no brainer (literally)

Intelligence is the big missing piece though. He's a no brainer (literally)

GB you've be going all out for weeks, on not signing this guy. If it does happen and he turns out to be half decent you are going to look pretty foolish. He's 23 for fcuks sake, do you not think Poch and the players around him like Dembele and Eriksen can help him develop into a better player? He's got enough good attributes to allow the intelligence (or I prefer the phrase - decision making) to improve.

I've started new jobs and had no idea about what I was supposed to be doing until I'd benefited from a few months experience and then you could say the intelligence/decision making followed.

I seriously hope you get behind him if he signs because hoping a player fails is not exactly the type of fan we need. Especially when his signing probably means the exit door for Sissoko.

Barkley could stay at Everton and earn more money than he would at Spurs.

From what I understand it's not so much about money, he wants to work with Poch. So I would be very surprised if he joined Chelski.

Back