• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Best for both parties he moves on, I personally wish him all the success in the world in Spain ...

I agree 100% with that, but it gets a tad galling when one half acts like my gooner associate that I have known since school. By any means possible I think is the saying.

They'll always ignore that claim - quite annoying.

It is, but that's the press for you! Why let facts get in the way of an excuse to sensationalise. As if it makes any difference anyway! It was a transfer that didn't work out. This is the disadvantage of the club's policy at not publicising the transfer fee.

Must admit i liked the guy, seamed like a nice bloke. I do feel sorry that he is going, i always dreamed of him clicking and finding the form we paid the money for.

Oh well never mind, good luck Bobby never shall we hear your song again

The emphasise the point about him appearing to be a nice guy; a highlight for me was when Kanemania was gathering pace and he scored a goal. Mr Bobby(from the bench) was visibly happy for him and standing up and clapping.

So is the £10m up-front and extras on performance, or assuming performance ?. If he really excels we may even have a sell-on fee, especially if money is phased.

I wonder if those who are most vocal in their criticism of him have remembered that his wife supposedly had a miscarriage in his first season with us.

Some dreadful misses in here.

Re: Soldado - Official! - Medical Completed!!
It's still early days, but from what I can see I reckon he'll end up being more like an upgraded version of Pavlyuchenko as opposed to a real world class Berbatov/Klinsmann type for us. I have no doubt that he will score goals, whether we'll get £26m worth from him is another matter entirely.

Called it in early September 2013. Except Pav scored a lot more goals :(

Andrew Gaffney ‏@GaffneyVLC 3m3 minutes ago
Soldado has passed a medical and his move to Villarreal is DONE. Official announcement is being held up by Spurs.

CMThX2QWoAA49T9.jpg

Rich man's Pav I'm afraid, just didn't deliver and arguably gave us less than Pav funnily enough.

Absolutely gutted, always did seasons on FIFA with Valencia purely because of him, used to love watching La Liga highlights and seeing his finishing. Such a shame it never worked out.

Despite the misary and embarrassment of the 'magnificent seven' it might end up being a big blessing in disguise.

I wonder if those who are most vocal in their criticism of him have remembered that his wife supposedly had a miscarriage in his first season with us.

If I remeber wasnt it only after 3 months - something that is quite common i believe - any midwives out there?
Obviously that is a terrible thing to happen but ade could match that and some over the same period, but instead his mental health and family situation (brothers dying, mother disowning him etc) gets ridiculed by some and told its no excuse by others. I don't ike ade but I grew sick of excuses and justifications brought out for Bob and the same people slamming ade for similar things.

Anyway he's thankfully gone now and the 26m fee was wasted. Time for him and us to move on

Last edited:
Shame it didn't work out - let's hope we get most our money back and good luck to Soldado back in Spain. Bet he will score plenty.

Back