• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

boom, top ITK...the pic, straight to the point question, honest response

Why? Why do you like him so much?? 26m 26 MILLION!!! arghghghgh and people used to have a go at me when I defended Rebrov. And he got 12 goals a season and none of them penalties.

Because he's an innately likeable chap.

Desperately wanting a player to succeed because you like him isn't the same thing as believing that a player is playing well or that he was good value for money (the price tag being not being his responsibility, by the way).

Desperately wanting a player to succeed because you like him isn't the same thing as believing that a player is playing well or that he was good value for money (the price tag being not being his responsibility, by the way).
I will always remember Soldado as a massive choker. As soon as he missed a couple of chances for us that was that in terms of his Spurs career. Never have I seen such poor finishing ability. Some of the chances he missed were far easier to score than miss. I also thought it was shocking that he suddenly didn't want to take penalties any more after he missed against Emirates Marketing Project and thus drying up the only thing that was keeping his goals per game record as "terrible" instead of "laughable". The true definition of a bottler.

yes not his responsibility he cost 26m. But that is the life of a professional player. And they get paid well to carry that weight. Yes he seems like a lovely bloke, but he is not my mate. Or yours. I want him to do well in a Spurs shirt. And in that regard he has failed utterly. I wish him well though. his mannerisms and demeanour deserve that. But as a player I cant wait to see shut of him. Him and Lamela are our record signings and been our biggest let downs. In fact our record signings never do well.

12m Rebrov
18m Bentley
26m Soldado
28m Lamela

That is a poor set of players for us. Im still hoping on Lamela. But if by the end of this season he has not raised his levels then its time to say Adios.

I will always remember Soldado as a massive choker. As soon as he missed a couple of chances for us that was that in terms of his Spurs career. Never have I seen such poor finishing ability. Some of the chances he missed were far easier to score than miss. I also thought it was shocking that he suddenly didn't want to take penalties any more after he missed against Emirates Marketing Project and thus drying up the only thing that was keeping his goals per game record as "terrible" instead of "laughable". The true definition of a bottler.

Remember how you like. No skin off my back.

This exactly. His performances were poor but he clearly loved the club and the fans, never complained, always tried, seemed to be a great member of the squad environment. So I am not saying that I want him to stay, I think its best for him to move on, just that I personally find it sad because I liked the fella.

I would expect my £26 million centre forward, earning 60 odd grand a week to want to take the next penalty having missed the last one. Every player is going to miss a penalty at one point in their life. It was telling that Soldado no longer wanted them once he missed his first for us. He is the biggest waste of money this club has made since the bodged East Stand development.

I really wanted Soldado to succeed at Spurs (and I was sure that he would do so when we signed him that Summer - I even put a reasonably large bet on him being top PL scorer that year). However me wanting him to succeed does not blind me to the fact that he has been absolute turd for us and him departing should have us partying in the streets as we now should be able to bring in a far superior player to replace him.

Last edited:
Back