• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

He cost us £16m minus £10m = £6m in fees, plus a load of wages of course.

£6m is bugger all to lose in the grand scheme of things. What were the net losses on Rebrov, Bentley, Bent etc?

£6m is bugger all to lose in the grand scheme of things. What were the net losses on Rebrov, Bentley, Bent etc?

We sold Bent for what we paid.

Mentioned it before, wouldn't be surprised if Soldado works out to be even/small profit from an accounting perspective.

Cost = £13m -£16m, then two years of depreciation (assume his original contract was 4 or 5 years), sold for £10m ...

Shame it didn't work out, but this is best for both parties. It was great to see the fans willing him on, you could see it really mattered to him. Bye Bobby Soldado.

If I remeber wasnt it only after 3 months - something that is quite common i believe - any midwives out there?
About 1 in 5 pregnancies ends in miscarriage but the vast majority of those happen before the woman even knows she is pregnant. Most women assume it's their period and carry on never knowing they were pregnant.

For those that know it's devastating. Even if Bobby is an incredibly strong character and able to shrug it off, the level of attention and time his wife would need would be enough to put anyone off at work.

Ade's brother being a dingdong doesn't even begin to compare.

If I remeber wasnt it only after 3 months - something that is quite common i believe - any midwives out there?
Obviously that is a terrible thing to happen but ade could match that and some over the same period, but instead his mental health and family situation (brothers dying, mother disowning him etc) gets ridiculed by some and told its no excuse by others. I don't ike ade but I grew sick of excuses and justifications brought out for Bob and the same people slamming ade for similar things.

Anyway he's thankfully gone now and the 26m fee was wasted. Time for him and us to move on

What is the point in trying to make comparisons with Ade? I have sympathy with what both of them have been through but they have nothing to do with each other and Ade's problems have no bearing on whether this might have had an impact on Soldado's form.

About 1 in 5 pregnancies ends in miscarriage but the vast majority of those happen before the woman even knows she is pregnant. Most women assume it's their period and carry on never knowing they were pregnant.

For those that know it's devastating. Even if Bobby is an incredibly strong character and able to shrug it off, the level of attention and time his wife would need would be enough to put anyone off at work.

Ade's brother being a dingdong doesn't even begin to compare.

Family members dying, being disowned by family, juju (which is a real thing in that culture), gettig malaria, getting scammed out of money by family and by clearly having some sort of mental breakdown and then a turn to Islam..... Nah he's just a lazy African mercenary i guess

I guarantee big sums of money went over appearances. Sure he didn't hit goal targets but a big proportion of that money would have been on appearances as is common across football.

Some people say 13 is correct and not 26. Officially it was 26 and it seems like people want to believe its 13

My guess is it's somewhere in between; some cash for appearances (which we would probably have paid), others for goals (not too much dosh lost there) and others for success (even less).

Back