• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

Heard a lot of "I'll drive him to Madrid myself!" at the ground yesterday lolz, I think Richy with actual game time and a coach who uses him may be of use to us next season.

Indeed, people forget that he has scored 20 goals in 42 league matches at international level.

Can't believe there is talk of binning Brazil's number 9, when there's a good chance England's number 9 is off in a year. Some top succession planning that chaps, bravo.

Can't believe there is talk of binning Brazil's number 9, when there's a good chance England's number 9 is off in a year. Some top succession planning that chaps, bravo.
They are very different players and Kane is miles better
But that’s not the point you’re making. Your point is very valid. Why let him go through a poor season whilst the team is a mess.
he will, IMO, under a better coach, be useful next season and become part of the team

Indeed, and the simple fact that he is Brazil's number 9, maybe we wait until we have actually given him a run that position instead of as a right winger before we say he is not good for us.

People need to realise that it has not been our attack that has bogged us down this season but rather that porus defence.

Heard a lot of "I'll drive him to Madrid myself!" at the ground yesterday lolz, I think Richy with actual game time and a coach who uses him may be of use to us next season.
Depth is a great thing to have, I do struggle to see him being a starter if akane is here next season. Son is just a lot more potent and so will likely always get the nod unless Richy can start putting some goals away.

I think part of the problem is he doesn't really solve any issues that come with Son. His hold up play is potentially a loooot better, but his final ball is quite erratic and I wouldn't really call him much of a creator. If he had genuine creativity and an incisive short passing game it would make choosing between him and Son a lot more difficult.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

They are very different players and Kane is miles better
But that’s not the point you’re making. Your point is very valid. Why let him go through a poor season whilst the team is a mess.
he will, IMO, under a better coach, be useful next season and become part of the team

Agree, am sure he'll be better next year under a more sensible manager.

I'm not sure he was the ideal signing mind you, and the balance amongst our forwards (Kane, Son, Kulu, Richie, Gil and perhaps Danjuma and Perisic) doesnt feel the best put together. We can't turn back time but I think we could have spent that £60m in a way which would ahve achieved a better balance

I'm not sure he was the ideal signing mind you, and the balance amongst our forwards (Kane, Son, Kulu, Richie, Gil and perhaps Danjuma and Perisic) doesnt feel the best put together. We can't turn back time but I think we could have spent that £60m in a way which would ahve achieved a better balance
I think there is a nice contrast there
The issue of course is you need a coach who will adapt to his players as much as he demands they adapt to him

Richie has been quite unlucky too. Hit the post numerous times, millimetre offside decisions going against him, injuries etc. I'm certain he'll be much better next season.

I agree, he has been unlucky with injurys and when asked to play he has had to in our team which has struggled all season. Hope we keep him and he gets more chances to show what he can do next season.

Indeed, and the simple fact that he is Brazil's number 9, maybe we wait until we have actually given him a run that position instead of as a right winger before we say he is not good for us.

People need to realise that it has not been our attack that has bogged us down this season but rather that porus defence.

All due respect but this Brazil side is a very average team. They’ve been an average side for years. Who is Richarlison’s competition for Brazil? Jesus? Firmino? None of them are world class or even prolific.

Depth is a great thing to have, I do struggle to see him being a starter if akane is here next season. Son is just a lot more potent and so will likely always get the nod unless Richy can start putting some goals away.

I think part of the problem is he doesn't really solve any issues that come with Son. His hold up play is potentially a loooot better, but his final ball is quite erratic and I wouldn't really call him much of a creator. If he had genuine creativity and an incisive short passing game it would make choosing between him and Son a lot more difficult.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I’ve been seriously underwhelmed with Richarlison. He has PL experience and yes he’s not had a great deal of luck with injuries or a proper run in the team but he’s not done enough to justify selection a lot of times in my opinion. We need to be in the market for a replacement for Kane if he does leave as Richarlison isn’t prolific.

He’s nowhere near as good as Kane, but then nobody else on the planet is either.

If he ever takes over as our lead forward, we’ll still have one of the best in the PL.

We've been moaning for years that we don't have proper cover for Kane and when we get it we're moaning that we spent money on it...
The balance there is fine, just missing a really good creative passer. Could even play Kane and Richie together in a 4-2-3-1 with Kane playing behind Richie with Kane being that creative passer.

Back