• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

We've been moaning for years that we don't have proper cover for Kane and when we get it we're moaning that we spent money on it...
The balance there is fine, just missing a really good creative passer. Could even play Kane and Richie together in a 4-2-3-1 with Kane playing behind Richie with Kane being that creative passer.
I thought that was the plan yesterday
Felt for Danjuma being dumped on the right when he plays of the left or central
That’s an issue we have as a constant… only kulu who can play on the right

We've been moaning for years that we don't have proper cover for Kane and when we get it we're moaning that we spent money on it...
The balance there is fine, just missing a really good creative passer. Could even play Kane and Richie together in a 4-2-3-1 with Kane playing behind Richie with Kane being that creative passer.

Kane doesnt run enough to play as a 10, unless we're playing 4-4-2 and the wide men tuck back in quickly

Then it is even more impressive that he was able to score 20 goals in 42 matches in an average team.

A lot of strikers are prolific at international level. Peter Crouch was far more prolific for England than he was at club level. I’m not knocking his international record but people saying he’s Brazil’s number 9 only means something if they’ve got a good crop of strikers which they don’t at the moment. Certainly nowhere near the level they had in the 90s and early 2000s.

The sort of striker that would struggle at spurs but go and score winners in finals with any other competitive team

a lot more to forward play than goals, I wouldn’t swap him for most of the players on the goal scorer charts myself

But goals are the most important attribute a forward brings to the table. He doesn’t particularly excel when it comes to creating chances or providing assists either. All I see is a player who runs around a lot and makes a nuisance of himself which are good for qualities to have but I’d swap them for a forward who scores and creates more any day of the week.

I think he’d have more than one league goal to his name if he truly was one of the best forwards in the league.

Do you not see the folly in evaluating a player off the back of a dissapointing debut season at a new club that barely has one or two players that could be argued played well all season?

Do you not see the folly in evaluating a player off the back of a dissapointing debut season at a new club that barely has one or two players that could be argued played well all season?

I was responding to claims that he was one of the best forwards in the league which is deluded IMO. I’m not saying he can’t be an important player for us but if you’re asking me if I’d want him to replace Kane as our number 9 I’d say we’d need to find a better option personally.

Bearing in mind your making a judgement on a centre forward who has hardly played as a number 9 since he joined us I would suggest that is not the most informed opinion, but feel free to roll with it.

Im judging him on his Everton days as well. I just don’t think he’s good enough to lead the line for us. He can be a good option off the bench and hopefully adapt and be rotated with the likes of Son and Kulu but not be our main striker. And I’m sorry but I just don’t see why people constantly tout this “Brazil’s number 9” stuff as if that alone makes him a top player when the reality is, the competition really isn’t that great in the Brazil national team at the moment.

I was responding to claims that he was one of the best forwards in the league which is deluded IMO. I’m not saying he can’t be an important player for us but if you’re asking me if I’d want him to replace Kane as our number 9 I’d say we’d need to find a better option personally.

In your previous post you'd said you wouldn't put him top 10 CFs in the league, i think the number of goals scored for Watford & Everton would put him around that level

In your previous post you'd said you wouldn't put him top 10 CFs in the league, i think the number of goals scored for Watford & Everton would put him around that level
I'm pretty much in the same boat as Jürgen, I think he's a decent player and a good option squad wise but he's not a player I would want to replace Kane when he leaves and as I said earlier I struggle to see him ever earning a consistent starting place because just doesn't have those qualities imo.

Regarding his previous goal scoring his record would only have him in the top 10 scorers once, 2018/2019 when he got 13 goals and his position was exactly tenth. So Jurgen really wasn't wrong with his statement if we are just talking statistically.

A really good season from Richarlison I could maybe see him getting 15 goals if he plays through the centre. On the left I'm not so sure. I can't ever see him matching what Son can produce.

As I said earlier if he scores less than Son even by a significant margin but compensates on other ways primarily creation then it would be a very different discussion and maybe even a difficult one. Sadly I don't see that.

The Brazil's No9 thing is nonsense and totally irrelevant. He wouldn't get in their squad in the 80s, 90s or 00s. Brazil simply do not have any great strikers at the moment and haven't for many years.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Reactions: DTA
Back