• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

Yeh I agree

Alot of weird and lazy stuff flying around about him including the lack PL goals whilst not taking into account that KING Conte was not really giving him time and continued to play Son who was rank out of form.

There is a highly competent and competitive player in there, would love to see what he can do when putting together a fair few games together
He was also injured for fairly large periods (one during the WC, and one after January-February IIRC). I don't know what anyone can criticize him for in terms of big-picture things. Maybe that he takes his shirt off too often?
When he was fit, you and many others have correctly said that Conte didn't select him to start. When he was injured, there was nothing he could do but apparently some people were expecting him to be in contention for selection somehow.

He was also injured for fairly large periods (one during the WC, and one after January-February IIRC). I don't know what anyone can criticize him for in terms of big-picture things. Maybe that he takes his shirt off too often?
When he was fit, you and many others have correctly said that Conte didn't select him to start. When he was injured, there was nothing he could do but apparently some people were expecting him to be in contention for selection somehow.
I criticise him for falling over too much
This isnt Everton, we try to keep the ball

I criticise him for falling over too much
This isnt Everton, we try to keep the ball

Kane, Son and Bale before them always had possession first thing on their mind rather than falling over...Yawn.

Can't remember if I posted on this thread but fwiw, great he got his goal in the league, even if it came in a classic "Spurs will break your heart whatever happens" kind of way. Not sure if him and Kane will work in the league next season if there's no lockpicker behind them, oddly Richy would probably benefit if Kane doesn't stick around as we'll have to get a creative player and one would imagine there'd be more focus on playing around Richarlison's strengths.

Richarlison does seem like the kind of attacker you want closer to the goal and less involved in the build-up play (like Son, Sterling etc). Lots of energy and fight too (which a GHod coach will need to get him to learn how to channel/control).

So happy he finally broke his duck, but at least he knows the size of the Spurzyness that can come with such urges to celebrate wildly..

I have to be honest. I am really irritated by the fact that Richarlison seems to go down anytime he is touched. It is really annoying.

Could his be one of the worst first seasons of any striker we've had? Combining injuries with lack of output.

Could his be one of the worst first seasons of any striker we've had? Combining injuries with lack of output.

Heard a stat in which he'd taken his shirt off in celebration 3 times this season in the PL but has only scored 1 goal.

I love the guy, his work ethic etc and hope it works out but you have to chuckle at his bookings for celebrations exceeding his goal output.

As I recall, Son looked a waste of money after his first season, scoring just 4 league goals.
I know this narrative has become repeated but I don't think it's true. Son wasn't quite the player he has become at Spurs nor the player he was at Leverkusen before we signed him but he showed loads of promise. He was just a bit unlucky in his finishing rather than actually being crap, plus there was the question Poch had of where to fit him in.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I know it’s not a major thing in many ways but going swapping shirts after you’ve been murdered 6-1? Scandalous. Another symptom of the mentality problem we have.

I don’t give a fudge if he’s playing against Messi, Pele or Mother Teresa, you don’t do that.
So it's only allowed if you draw? That must be the conclusion, because if one team loses, they're apparently not allowed to swap shirts with anyone.
Much ado about nothing.

I know this narrative has become repeated but I don't think it's true. Son wasn't quite the player he has become at Spurs nor the player he was at Leverkusen before we signed him but he showed loads of promise. He was just a bit unlucky in his finishing rather than actually being crap, plus there was the question Poch had of where to fit him in.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
Richie has been quite unlucky too. Hit the post numerous times, millimetre offside decisions going against him, injuries etc. I'm certain he'll be much better next season.

Back