• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

Tough season to judge him on, I felt he was signed to cover and compete with Kane and Son and give us a direct option of the bench. There was definitely a period when ai think he should have started a run of games in the left,at worst he would have beaten up the defenders and given some protection for the lwb, to allow Son to come on when the game was open and do what he does best. Still think he can do this and be a backup for Kane, notwithstanding there is no like for like backup for Kane in world football! Which us why we need a creative midfielder too!

Someone who sits naturally on the right to compete with Kulu is a must to, Son and Richarlison look completely different players on thet side.

I know its not been a vintage year and the price tag won't help but I'm prepared to give Richie and a few others next season to see how they perform in a front foot system with a few better players joining them. It's the ones who've been brick for 3 seasons + we need to prioritise ridding ourselves of

I'm pretty much in the same boat as Jürgen, I think he's a decent player and a good option squad wise but he's not a player I would want to replace Kane when he leaves and as I said earlier I struggle to see him ever earning a consistent starting place because just doesn't have those qualities imo.

Regarding his previous goal scoring his record would only have him in the top 10 scorers once, 2018/2019 when he got 13 goals and his position was exactly tenth. So Jurgen really wasn't wrong with his statement if we are just talking statistically.

A really good season from Richarlison I could maybe see him getting 15 goals if he plays through the centre. On the left I'm not so sure. I can't ever see him matching what Son can produce.

As I said earlier if he scores less than Son even by a significant margin but compensates on other ways primarily creation then it would be a very different discussion and maybe even a difficult one. Sadly I don't see that.

The Brazil's No9 thing is nonsense and totally irrelevant. He wouldn't get in their squad in the 80s, 90s or 00s. Brazil simply do not have any great strikers at the moment and haven't for many years.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

15 goals is about right for a CF in the league these days - Kane and more recently Haaland have kind of skewed things but outside of those two you have Toney & Wilson on 20 & 18 and then a 15 goal a season CF would be next, unless you count Rashford as a CF on 16.

Tough season to judge him on, I felt he was signed to cover and compete with Kane and Son and give us a direct option of the bench. There was definitely a period when ai think he should have started a run of games in the left,at worst he would have beaten up the defenders and given some protection for the lwb, to allow Son to come on when the game was open and do what he does best. Still think he can do this and be a backup for Kane, notwithstanding there is no like for like backup for Kane in world football! Which us why we need a creative midfielder too!

Someone who sits naturally on the right to compete with Kulu is a must to, Son and Richarlison look completely different players on thet side.

I know its not been a vintage year and the price tag won't help but I'm prepared to give Richie and a few others next season to see how they perform in a front foot system with a few better players joining them. It's the ones who've been brick for 3 seasons + we need to prioritise ridding ourselves of

My thoughts as well, lets be honest it has been a brick season for us as a whole and he has suffered with injurys and a lack of game time. I still think he is a good player who could turn out to be star next season for us. Harsh for anyone to judge what he can/can not do until we give him more game time.

I would not be unhappy if we move him on. His numbers have never been elite and he is another player who thinks that he is a lot better than he actually is.

Reactions: DTA
I would not be unhappy if we move him on. His numbers have never been elite and he is another player who thinks that he is a lot better than he actually is.

If we can get anywhere near our money back then yeah I would agree.

if we can only get £25m or under then I would probably keep him, as he would probably be worth that to the squad.

I may be remembering wrong but think when he has started games this season we've looked a tad better in general, his work rate and movement off the ball has been good, finishing has been a mess.
He doesn't defend much. Loses the ball too often by falling down or throwing a strop instead of tracking back. Not sure his work rate is comparable to Son. Him and Kane up front to me makes the slowest attack in the epl.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Agree with this

Injuries, selection issues and the WC disrupted his season and there is no doubt there is a better player than we saw. The "no goal in the PL" shouter when he had started about 3 games were slightly shameful and unhelpful. I am not expecting him to be Kane long term replacement so maybe have less expectation however that aside he was seen as a good squad addition last summer and I think he will go on to prove that further down the line

I agree and if we can't get a tune out of a player under Ange ...I hope we can be more ruthless in moving them on than before

We have to be as all the wages on surplus players is too big a strain to carry. Hopefully we can be more efficient and at least reach some budgetary parity with our ins and outs. I want the club to back Ange, but I understand we may need another year or two to clear the slate as there’s a lot of work to do behind the scenes.
By the way, even if Richarlison is sub-par, I think Ange’s response will be aimed at toughening him up instead of breaking him down. I don’t want the opposite of Conte as coddling players won’t make them winners. They do need some discipline, but administered fairly and with the aim of honing the right mentality in our players.

I just think he's a poor finisher and we ought to be able to do a lot better; I didn't want him and couldn't really understand why we paid what we did, so I'd prefer us to roll the dice again, personally.

My biggest criticism of Richarlison -- and I could be misremembering and only basing this on today -- is that so many of his shots are around waist-to-chest height. Kane's insane ability to find the corners is the reason he was so good. Richarlison needs to work on his finishing (stating the obvious)

I've seen plenty of games where Kane has missed a hatful of chances and better ones than todays. I'll reserve judgement until he has had a proper run of games up top, getting used to our new way of playing. He didn't stop running which will please Ange for starters, linked play at times and got into a couple of positions to get the shot off. Hopefully will use this as base to build from, and like you say more clinical finishing to come....

I've seen plenty of games where Kane has missed a hatful of chances and better ones than todays. I'll reserve judgement until he has had a proper run of games up top, getting used to our new way of playing. He didn't stop running which will please Ange for starters, linked play at times and got into a couple of positions to get the shot off. Hopefully will use this as base to build from, and like you say more clinical finishing to come....

he plays much higher than Kane, it’s been a feature of our games in recent years that teams play out through their cb’s against us, wasn’t much of that today, they had to go long a fair bit

Back