• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Watford Vs Tottenham Hotspur***

I know they arent your stats. but I am sure Lloris saved in a shot in the final minute?

Don't think that counted as a shot.

Tottenham_Watford_Stats.png

First one was a definite pen. Second, nah. We're terribly inefficient. 72 shots and only 4 goals in first halves? What?! Does not sound right, or do I misunderstand? Surely we have scored more than four goals in first halves this season? I can think of more than four just from the top of my head.

Oh, in 2016, right. I thought 72 shots total since the start of the season sounded a bit low. Haha.

Glad it wasnt just me then. For me the first was stonewall penalty, the second not as clear but still think it should have been. Obviously not had the benefit of a 2nd look yet, MOTD soon though

Do you when when Ake pulled Kane's shirt back so blatantly you could see a gap between his arm or when Gomes took Kane out, or the one after that ...

Although i agree that Leicester may struggle against teams that park the bus, we are 25 games in, so i hope these 'park the bus' teams show up soon.

I thought a draw against Emirates Marketing Project would be the best result for us today but maybe Leicester being out there is better as we are not on top and instead are the chasers.

No one has parked the bus against them yet
even poocastle tried going toe to toe
They play like a sponge and suck you in and then flood out
It's why they created so little against us as we have defenders capable of dealing with that (other than the corner)

Do you when when Ake pulled Kane's shirt back so blatantly you could see a gap between his arm or when Gomes took Kane out, or the one after that ...

Just seen the highlights again. Gomes foul def pen for me. The other incident I meant was about five mins later, but now I have seen it Kane was already falling, although it was due to a defender falling into him.

One bizarre thing I didnt mention.

As we were leaving the hotel room en route to the game, on the floor near the door by pure chance was a match ticket stub, which we assume fell from a coat pocket or the wife's bag.
The match Aug 5,2012 Watford v Tottenham (Lloyd Doyley Testimonial) Of all the tickets it could have been...Jane asks, what was the score that day???

1-0....uncanny.

One bizarre thing I didnt mention.

As we were leaving the hotel room en route to the game, on the floor near the door by pure chance was a match ticket stub, which we assume fell from a coat pocket or the wife's bag.
The match Aug 5,2012 Watford v Tottenham (Lloyd Doyley Testimonial) Of all the tickets it could have been...Jane asks, what was the score that day???

1-0....uncanny.

Have you got one for Emirates Marketing Project away?

I love 1-0 wins, thats how championships are won, i would take a 1-0 win over a 3-2 win 99 times out of 100. Loved what our wingbacks did today, Poch's formation was perfect apart from playing Lamela on the right, of course one of our former players puts in a masterclass, what a deft touch from a half sick Alli. Roger East does award pens https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/premier-league-ref-review-2-2-2016-1145066 but didn't feel the need to after a couple of stonewall fouls, I 'd love it if our players swarmed the lino and ref when these are not given ala rooney, roy keane etc.
Wimmer was great, much better than against norwich, you can see the difference in players performances in such a short space of time with Poch, he must organize very productive training sessions.
We have nothing to fear playing Emirates Marketing Project next week, COYS!!!!!

Beautiful team goal today. All in the build up. Davies (?) keeping the ball in play, Kane, Dembele, Alli, Trippier hustling to get into the box and calling for the ball. Special.

Sanchez Flores:

“The level of excellence,” he said, “was amazing. If you go to the middle, they put the ball on the sides. If you jump to the side, they put the ball in the middle. High velocity, very technical, power in every challenge. They have everything a team needs to try to be champions.”

“They deserve to fight for the league. They play very well. They have a very clear plan. They have good technical and individual players. They defend well. They have everything needed to try to win the championship. The problem with playing against Tottenham is they have a lot variation. It’s very difficult to stop them. They have high quality, high velocity, very technical level and high power. They create space in an amazing way and it was very difficult for us to solve every problem in defence.”

Last edited:
5 May 2010 would do nicely.

Well funnily enough we did go that night...and what a night. So nervous I couldnt enjoy the match, never felt nerves like that at a match ever I dont think. That four minutes of stoppage time was unreal tension.
Going to have to see if the ticket is anywhere

Deeney was given offside I think, when he headed it back to Ighalo to volley. I thought Deeney should have just gone for goal.

yeah just seen it on Sky. Didnt realise at the match it had been ruled offside, was huddled under a TV in the concourse with about 200 others

Beautiful team goal today. All in the build up. Davies (?) keeping the ball in play, Kane, Dembele, Alli, Trippier hustling to get into the box and calling for the ball. Special.

All of it was awesome, Davies' throw-in saver was outrageous and didnt realise it was that bit of skill which began the move

Sanchez Flores:

“The level of excellence,” he said, “was amazing. If you go to the middle, they put the ball on the sides. If you jump to the side, they put the ball in the middle. High velocity, very technical, power in every challenge. They have everything a team needs to try to be champions.”

“They deserve to fight for the league. They play very well. They have a very clear plan. They have good technical and individual players. They defend well. They have everything needed to try to win the championship. The problem with playing against Tottenham is they have a lot variation. It’s very difficult to stop them. They have high quality, high velocity, very technical level and high power. They create space in an amazing way and it was very difficult for us to solve every problem in defence.”

Refreshing change from the normal Pardew, Allardyce, et al "we showed them too much respect" bull****

We really are playing well, the movement between the different parts of the team ( attack, midfield, defence) is as one and all the players are tuned in to what Poch has taught them. Now its not brain surgery to build a team to work this way but what is unusual is that it has happened so quicky and what makes it even better is that the more we play the better it will get.

Poch and his staff have done a great job not only in making the system so fluid but in getting the players to believe in it and patient enough to persevere when it does not work early in the game.

Back