• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Watford Vs Tottenham Hotspur***

I agree with a lot of that, apart from Fernando; he is true Hackney Marshes dogbrick and is far worse than Delph imo
Tbf I haven't seen a great deal of him. He looked very solid last year, but you may well be right.

I watched a lot of Delph for both Villa and England, and it baffles me that he got games for either, let alone City. It is almost like he got rated at Villa because he was the only player capable of attempting a forward pass, even though he completed about 20% of them. Even my Villa mate hated him. That team was carried by Vlaar and Benteke, but Delph still somehow got rated because he's English.

Tbf I haven't seen a great deal of him. He looked very solid last year, but you may well be right.

I watched a lot of Delph for both Villa and England, and it baffles me that he got games for either, let alone City. It is almost like he got rated at Villa because he was the only player capable of attempting a forward pass, even though he completed about 20% of them. Even my Villa mate hated him. That team was carried by Vlaar and Benteke, but Delph still somehow got rated because he's English.

I remember and England game where overtime he got the ball he let it run under his feet and then he passed it straight to the opposition about 5 yards away.

Even Fernando is better

He runs a lot (Delph that is) and thats about his only endearing feature imo (cue a blinding performance on Sunday)

I remember and England game where overtime he got the ball he let it run under his feet and then he passed it straight to the opposition about 5 yards away.

Even Fernando is better

He runs a lot (Delph that is) and thats about his only endearing feature imo (cue a blinding performance on Sunday)
The other week I was watching City, slating him, asking 'how can this guy start for City?', and then he banged that scorcher in from about 30 yards.

I was also slating Chelsea's academy to a mate, using Van Aanholt as an example of their best youth products. What happens? He goes on a run of scoring about 4 in 4 (two of which were stripped from him), one against Spurs.

I really should know better by now...

The other week I was watching City, slating him, asking 'how can this guy start for City?', and then he banged that scorcher in from about 30 yards.

I was also slating Chelsea's academy to a mate, using Van Aanholt as an example of their best youth products. What happens? He goes on a run of scoring about 4 in 4 (two of which were stripped from him), one against Spurs.

Ive started complimenting players now in the hope of reverse juju

up until the final year at Villa even Villa fans thought he was rubbish (combination of injuries and the fact he is not very good). Wouldn't believe it when people ewere saying he is what we needed fo rEngland, is he meant ot be a DM if so where is his discipline?

Umm... say nothing bad about anybody for a few months please.

Kane and Alderweireld have been a bit brick don't you think?

This is another reason why we are so much better this year - for all their quality on the ball, Mason and Bentaleb are not the physical powerhouse that Dier and Dembele are. All of the great teams of recent years have had an extremely powerful midfield, which we possess for the first time in my life.

This for me as well, our CM last season was weak and poor and hardly gave our back four any protection.

Delighted we won to move into 2nd place in the league. But had mixed feelings about this win. For all the domination and chances we had, we should have won by more than 1 goal. We are still struggling to kill teams off despite completely dominating matches. We made Gomes look far better than he was as almost all our shots on goal went direct at him. With us firmly in title race now, we should learn to kill teams off when we are dominating matches.

Due credit to Trippier for scoring his first ever goal for us and Alli for creating that chance. Despite all our chances, we didn't look like scoring until the goal by Trippier. Atleast we had a match winner in Alli to call upon to create the chance for us. Too bad Alli was not fit to start the match. Trippier did well to run into the space just in time to tap in the inch-perfect cross from Alli. I think Lamela too should get some credit for distracting the Watford defenders with his run into the box. But we had many other chances which we should have done better with. Kane should have scored with this chance in the second half. Lamela too should have done better after being set up by Eriksen. Maybe he should have taken the rabona shot with his left foot instead of trying on his weaker right foot.

Our midfield played well to dominate the match from start to finish. But disappointingly we couldn't make the domination count until Alli came on. It is a bit worrying we have to rely on a 19-year midfielder to break open the opponent's defence. I think players like Dembele and Eriksen need to step up their match to help us get a winning goal in matches like this. Find it annoying that Eriksen again failed to make use of his freekicks from dangerous positions. Maybe it is time we give the freekick duties to someone else like Kane or Lamela. Eriksen has been hitting the defensive wall way too many times this season.

Credit to our defence for keeping our second successive clean sheet. Watford didn't have any shots on target the whole match. But our defence did well to concentrate throughout the match. It was nice to see Wimmer having an error-free match. For once our defence made a match-winning contribution. Trippier did well to score the winner. But surprisingly, Davies was our best player in the first half as he could have scored a hattrick ! He could have done better with his shot on all 3 occasions, the first being deflected into corner while 2 other shots were direct at Gomes.

It is great to see us sitting in 2nd place in the league after this win. It could have been much sweeter had the macarons ManCity beaten Leicester. But we cannot blame others when we ourelves lost to Leicester at home. We should be sitting in 1st place now if we had beaten Leicester in that match. After winning our 6th match in all competitions and 4th in the league, hope we will go on a long winning run to win the league and a Cup !

Delighted we won to move into 2nd place in the league. But had mixed feelings about this win. For all the domination and chances we had, we should have won by more than 1 goal. We are still struggling to kill teams off despite completely dominating matches. We made Gomes look far better than he was as almost all our shots on goal went direct at him. With us firmly in title race now, we should learn to kill teams off when we are dominating matches.

Due credit to Trippier for scoring his first ever goal for us and Alli for creating that chance. Despite all our chances, we didn't look like scoring until the goal by Trippier. Atleast we had a match winner in Alli to call upon to create the chance for us. Too bad Alli was not fit to start the match. Trippier did well to run into the space just in time to tap in the inch-perfect cross from Alli. I think Lamela too should get some credit for distracting the Watford defenders with his run into the box. But we had many other chances which we should have done better with. Kane should have scored with this chance in the second half. Lamela too should have done better after being set up by Eriksen. Maybe he should have taken the rabona shot with his left foot instead of trying on his weaker right foot.

Our midfield played well to dominate the match from start to finish. But disappointingly we couldn't make the domination count until Alli came on. It is a bit worrying we have to rely on a 19-year midfielder to break open the opponent's defence. I think players like Dembele and Eriksen need to step up their match to help us get a winning goal in matches like this. Find it annoying that Eriksen again failed to make use of his freekicks from dangerous positions. Maybe it is time we give the freekick duties to someone else like Kane or Lamela. Eriksen has been hitting the defensive wall way too many times this season.

Credit to our defence for keeping our second successive clean sheet. Watford didn't have any shots on target the whole match. But our defence did well to concentrate throughout the match. It was nice to see Wimmer having an error-free match. For once our defence made a match-winning contribution. Trippier did well to score the winner. But surprisingly, Davies was our best player in the first half as he could have scored a hattrick ! He could have done better with his shot on all 3 occasions, the first being deflected into corner while 2 other shots were direct at Gomes.

It is great to see us sitting in 2nd place in the league after this win. It could have been much sweeter had the macarons ManCity beaten Leicester. But we cannot blame others when we ourelves lost to Leicester at home. We should be sitting in 1st place now if we had beaten Leicester in that match. After winning our 6th match in all competitions and 4th in the league, demand we will go on a long winning run to win the league and a Cup !

"For once our defense made a match winning contribution"

You realised we've got the best defensive record in the league? I'd suggest this means the defense has made quite a few match winning contributions...

It is great to see us sitting in 2nd place in the league after this win. It could have been much sweeter had the macarons ManCity beaten Leicester. But we cannot blame others when we ourelves lost to Leicester at home. We should be sitting in 1st place now if we had beaten Leicester in that match. After winning our 6th match in all competitions and 4th in the league, demand we will go on a long winning run to win the league and a Cup !

I fear that match is going to haunt us for a long time. If by any chance we finish 2nd and Leciester go on to win it I really hope we finish more than 5pts behind them, otherwise we will forever 'what if' about that night

I fear that match is going to haunt us for a long time. If by any chance we finish 2nd and Leciester go on to win it I really demand we finish more than 5pts behind them, otherwise we will forever 'what if' about that night

You can't think like that, every match has whatifs and every season thousands of them. It doesn't come down to one game where other points have been dropped over the season.

You can't think like that, every match has whatifs and every season thousands of them. It doesn't come down to one game where other points have been dropped over the season.

Come on, when this season goes to brick we need to know who to blame. Beating Watford by just the single goal is a prime candidate.

4 PL wins in a row. 6 wins in a row in all competitions.

Yet some posters can absolutely with near 100% accuracy be trusted to bring up the loss against the league topping side that preceded those games...

Back