• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Watford Vs Tottenham Hotspur***

Didn't think we were going to score having endured the frustration of the first half, but we were relentless in attack and eventually got the breakthrough we deserved. Can't argue with another three points, now let's beat City and hope Leicester and Arse only draw.

Didn't think we were going to score having endured the frustration of the first half, but we were relentless in attack and eventually got the breakthrough we deserved. Can't argue with another three points, now let's beat City and hope Leicester and Arse only draw.

A win at Etihad would be amazing, but I would take draws in both matches if they were offered right now

I watched the game after the fact with the cool composure of knowing the score... But still. Thought it was a tremendous performance by us. Could easily have won 3 or 4 nil, even without considering the penalty calls that were turned down. At least one of them should have been given.

Sanchez Flores got it spot on with his post match comments. We were excellent. Never let them go anywhere on the ball and our pressing was spot on. And this is as good as we've been at creating chances against a team parking the bus for a very long time.

We're a really good football team.

I watched the game after the fact with the cool composure of knowing the score... But still. Thought it was a tremendous performance by us. Could easily have won 3 or 4 nil, even without considering the penalty calls that were turned down. At least one of them should have been given.

Sanchez Flores got it spot on with his post match comments. We were excellent. Never let them go anywhere on the ball and our pressing was spot on. And this is as good as we've been at creating chances against a team parking the bus for a very long time.

I guess the big question is can we continue this and can we do it potentially for 26 more games

The key for me is we haven't let off in games of late and have managed them well (and they have been coming thick and fast). So that bodes really well. Norwich was a great example go cruising once comfortable and that's a great sign of a growing maturity

Watford was a case of knowing the goal would come if we kept on doing what we were doing but it felt to me like a 3 point swing on recent seasons where we would have drawn or lost that despite being dominant

A win at Etihad would be amazing, but I would take draws in both matches if they were offered right now

No Silva. No de Bruyne, No Bony, No Navas, No Nasri - Kompany back in training but surely not after his injury problems? Toure slower than ever. Centre half partnership of Di Michelis & Otamendi

There cannot be a better time to go there and beat them.

I guess the big question is can we continue this and can we do it potentially for 26 more games

The key for me is we haven't let off in games of late and have managed them well (and they have been coming thick and fast). So that bodes really well. Norwich was a great example go cruising once comfortable and that's a great sign of a growing maturity

Watford was a case of knowing the goal would come if we kept on doing what we were doing but it felt to me like a 3 point swing on recent seasons where we would have drawn or lost that despite being dominant

We've had games earlier this season where we've been dominant and not gotten the win we deserved. This to me is to a large extent just a part of the variance in football. Sometimes you get that goal despite it being "one of those days". But the confidence in the team is great to see and I think it increases the chance of us getting the goal.

No Silva. No de Bruyne, No Bony, No Navas, No Nasri - Kompany back in training but surely not after his injury problems? Toure slower than ever. Centre half partnership of Di Michelis & Otamendi

There cannot be a better time to go there and beat them.
we could go there and lose for sure. But as you say there are a lot of reasons to believe why we can win where as in previous years its been a forgone conclusion before the match has even kicked off. We were defeated in our heads at just the sight of Aguero.
There really is a different mental toughness and belief. Belief that is the key word. These players dont seem to be afraid.

we could go there and lose for sure. But as you say there are a lot of reasons to believe why we can win where as in previous years its been a forgone conclusion before the match has even kicked off. We were defeated in our heads at just the sight of Aguero.
There really is a different mental toughness and belief. Belief that is the key word. These players dont seem to be afraid.

I could say let's not count our badgers until they hatch but I couldn't sleep last night so went through all the permutations in my head that could mean us winning the league... And it meant it was harder to get to sleep (schoolboy error)

Couldnt agree more and every advantage we can gain helps. Aguero and Sterling are still enough of a challenge to keep us busy.

Toure is a liability now. Barely gets out of a trot and he doesn't look interested. He was subbed very early against Leicester.

Toure is a liability now. Barely gets out of a trot and he doesn't look interested. He was subbed very early against Leicester.

Yes he was dreadful, he knows he is going when Guardiola takes over which goes back to which way they go as a club for the rest of this season and the impact of knowing your manager is leaving.

Still if they want to play Fernando instead of him, id take that.

Liability but massively unpredictable. He is capable of winning this game on his own too. They have real match winners who are capable of worldys, we have a solid team ethic. The hope is that our team trumps their individual qualities.

Liability but massively unpredictable. He is capable of winning this game on his own too. They have real match winners who are capable of worldys, we have a solid team ethic. The hope is that our team trumps their individual qualities.

I do slightly worry that with the players they're missing they'll actually be forced to play Toure in his strongest #10 position with two of Fernandinho, Ferndando and Delph behind providing some actual cover to their shaky central defenders. I think City and Toure are both better with that kind of setup than with Toure deep in midfield.

It's a very open game. But we'll go there with little fear and a lot of belief. Anything can happen and that's a pretty good place to start a game like this.

4th league win on the spin; first time Poch as done that with us; In fact is that the first time Poch has done that in the PL at all??

This for me, I have seen a lot of our various sides over the 50 years but I can honestly say that is the best TEAM of players I have watched. All our players have switched on to the way Poch wants us to play and they stick with it and there is no sign of frustration when he does not come off early, they have confidence with/in each other to know that the plan will work if they do not waver from it.

I do slightly worry that with the players they're missing they'll actually be forced to play Toure in his strongest #10 position with two of Fernandinho, Ferndando and Delph behind providing some actual cover to their shaky central defenders. I think City and Toure are both better with that kind of setup than with Toure deep in midfield.

It's a very open game. But we'll go there with little fear and a lot of belief. Anything can happen and that's a pretty good place to start a game like this.

Fabian Delph is dogbrick. If he or Toure occupy one/both of the deep midfield positions, we should run the midfield. Fernando and Fernandinho with Toure in front of them may be a different matter.

For me, the way to stop our team - which no one has really attempted yet - is to aggressively take control of central midfield to stop us circulating possession.

I genuinely think only City and Chelsea have the players capable of pulling this off, and only when they are on top form.

This is another reason why we are so much better this year - for all their quality on the ball, Mason and Bentaleb are not the physical powerhouse that Dier and Dembele are. All of the great teams of recent years have had an extremely powerful midfield, which we possess for the first time in my life.

Fabian Delph is dogbrick. If he or Toure occupy one/both of the deep midfield positions, we should run the midfield. Fernando and Fernandinho with Toure in front of them may be a different matter.

For me, the way to stop our team - which no one has really attempted yet - is to aggressively take control of central midfield to stop us circulating possession.

I genuinely think only City and Chelsea have the players capable of pulling this off, and only when they are on top form.

This is another reason why we are so much better this year - for all their quality on the ball, Mason and Bentaleb are not the physical powerhouse that Dier and Dembele are. All of the great teams of recent years have had an extremely powerful midfield, which we possess for the first time in my life.

I agree with a lot of that, apart from Fernando; he is true Hackney Marshes dogbrick and is far worse than Delph imo

Ah Delph... or Johnny Spoonfoot as I like to call him. Ive never seen a player so technically poor play for a team of such high aspirations and I've seen some brick in my time

Back