• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham vs Liverpool

I once went into a shop in Anfield to purchase a Kit Kat. Well, in fact I didn't go in. There were steel bars preventing access, like a garage at midnight. I told the "lady" (harridan) that I wanted a Kit Kat and she said;

Eeh? Yer wha? Yewanna wha? Ohh... a khhhihhh khhahhh

I wiped my face of spittle, and confirmed she was correct in her assertion.

Apparently we've never lost to Liverpool in the league cup after 90 minutes. We lost the 82 final in extra time and in 2004 we lost on pens. Win or lose tonight, I do NOT want extra time.

Apparently we've never lost to Liverpool in the league cup after 90 minutes. We lost the 82 final in extra time and in 2004 we lost on pens. Win or lose tonight, I do NOT want extra time.

It's not big deal if we have extra time, it will be a rotated team anyway.

It's not big deal if we have extra time, it will be a rotated team anyway.

Having the kids run around for 120 mins isn't problem, but it's more likely that those coming on as subs will be pencilled in for a start against Leicester.

No reason we can't challenge in the league and go for the Cups. The other big teams have continued to win these cups some of our fans deem worthless so why shouldn't we? Not much in football beats Cup final day and our great clubs tradition is steeped in Cup success.

I can't stand Liverpool anyway, don't want them winning anything.

I once went into a shop in Anfield to purchase a Kit Kat. Well, in fact I didn't go in. There were steel bars preventing access, like a garage at midnight. I told the "lady" (harridan) that I wanted a Kit Kat and she said;

Eeh? Yer wha? Yewanna wha? Ohh... a khhhihhh khhahhh

I wiped my face of spittle, and confirmed she was correct in her assertion.

It could have been worse. You could have asked for a Kit Kat, a can of Coca-Cola, a pint of Carling and a packet of crisps.

You can win a cup without winning a single game. Winning the league takes around 25 wins. If the goal is simply to win a trophy, you have a better chance if you always play your best side in the cups and rest players in the league. It doesn't make you very appealing to sponsors though and you will ultimately suffer decline.

from another point of view, to win a cup you need to turn up and win 6 games, to win the league you only have to be better than everyone else on average over 38 games

the latter isn't unrealistic for us based on last season

from another point of view, to win a cup you need to turn up and win 6 games, to win the league you only have to be better than everyone else on average over 38 games

the latter isn't unrealistic for us based on last season

Its a fair point however there is then the debate about whether wining the League Cup actually achieves anything. Money from the cup run isn't meaningful in the greater scheme of things, getting into the Europa is pointless and it certainly wouldn't really help attract players. So aiming to win is has to be based on things like 'success breads success' and actually that the silverware/honour is meaningful enough from a prestige etc perspective. For those of us who are say >30/40 years old it probably has more meaning but I'd expect that the younger the fan, the less meaning it has given people are now more used to CL football etc

Its a fair point however there is then the debate about whether wining the League Cup actually achieves anything. Money from the cup run isn't meaningful in the greater scheme of things, getting into the Europa is pointless and it certainly wouldn't really help attract players. So aiming to win is has to be based on things like 'success breads success' and actually that the silverware/honour is meaningful enough from a prestige etc perspective. For those of us who are say >30/40 years old it probably has more meaning but I'd expect that the younger the fan, the less meaning it has given people are now more used to CL football etc

I agree, i'm an older fan myself but I no longer care about anything that doesn't get you in the European Cup

I agree, i'm an older fan myself but I no longer care about anything that doesn't get you in the European Cup

I'm with you on that, though whether I class myself as 'older' (I'm 38) I'm not sure! The only real reasons why I would want us to win tonight are so that younger and fringe players can continue to get more game time and secondly to help slow-down the media love-in with Klopp which I find utterly perplexing

I'm with you on that, though whether I class myself as 'older' (I'm 38) I'm not sure! The only real reasons why I would want us to win tonight are so that younger and fringe players can continue to get more game time and secondly to help slow-down the media love-in with Klopp which I find utterly perplexing

The London based, ManU loving media is actually filled with Liverpool supporters and they're finally able to do what they love most: Eulogise over Liverpool being legitimate title challengers.

Who can forget the 2004 Round 4 match against Liverpool. We were leading 1-0 with only 3 mins remaining in in extra time. Kanoute stupidly gave away the penalty and he also missed a penalty in the shootout. Hope we will do much better this time.

I LOVE two at the back. 2-4-3-1 is the future.

images

Back