• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham vs Liverpool

-----------------Vorm----------------
Trippier---Toby---Wimmer---Davies
------------------Dier----------------
----------Dembele--Onomah--------
----GKN-------Janssen--------Son---

So does that mean Harry Winks has not done enough for you to merit a start.?

I know it was only Gillingham but I was impressed with how the squad players played in the last round and am interested to see how they perform against top opposition

Would for something similar to the OP but Carroll alongside Winks instead of Sissoko who would be in the 3 instead of the injured Edwards

Last edited:
Vorm
Trippier CCV Wimmer Davies
Carroll Winks
Lamela Onomah NKoudou
Janssen

Although I have a feeling he'll maybe play Eriksen

These games have now been reduced to bit of fun side show and a free hit for the managers and team.

Leicester and Bayer-Leverkusen will be the big priority.

Too many substitutions to call results.
Liverpool will go into the game huge favourites.

Last edited:
I understand fans who feel we should give up on this game given our other commitments but that just does not sit well with me, because I want us to win trophies even supposedly meaningless ones. Plus it's Liverpool and the media love in with klopp is already vomit inducing and the fans are into full "we are going to win the league mode". COYS.

I understand fans who feel we should give up on this game given our other commitments but that just does not sit well with me, because I want us to win trophies even supposedly meaningless ones. Plus it's Liverpool and the media love in with klopp is already vomit inducing and the fans are into full "we are going to win the league mode". COYS.

"Give up" no. But as I said above we have to prioritise.

Liverpool are not in Europe and we are, so we would daft not to factor these facts in.

But definitely not "give up"!

Why are those criticising posters who want to play young or reserve teams saying they are " giving up " ?

As StephenH says above, it is a question of prioritising. At the same time we both need to give the youngsters a run out in a match day situation and see who may be ready to step it up when it comes to real first team action.

I would play:

..................Vorm................

Trips.....CCV........Wimmer......Davies

...........Winks..........Dembele.........

Sissoko/Onomah..........Carroll.............NKD

.................. VJ......................

It's a shame we drew a team in the top of league as our "mid-week" team would have had a chance of progression in this cup against weaker opposition. I expect Liverpool to win comfortably and hope we can avoid any more injuries. Agree about the weak ref and may have a flutter on Liverpool to get pen.

--------------Lopez---------------
Trippier---2CV---Wimmer---Davies
------------Dier----Winks--------
Sissoko------Eriksen-------GKN
-------------Janssen-------------

It's a shame we drew a team in the top of league as our "mid-week" team would have had a chance of progression in this cup against weaker opposition. I expect Liverpool to win comfortably and hope we can avoid any more injuries. Agree about the weak ref and may have a flutter on Liverpool to get pen.

I can see it being a reverse of this fixture: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/7708820.stm. I.e. it's a bigger priority for them than us, so they'll play a notably stronger side.

i hope we put out a complete reserve team and lose, this is a pointless competition for us.

Disagree. The biggest thing this group of players need is to win silverware. If we don't win the LC, FAC or EL this season, we won't have progressed from last year. That experience/bond will get us group ready for winning the league in 17-18 season.

I am not Tom Carroll's biggest fan but if he does not start tomorrow then what is he doing at the club?

He won't get £25k per week in the Championship, is the only reason I think he's still here.

Disagree. The biggest thing this group of players need is to win silverware. If we don't win the LC, FAC or EL this season, we won't have progressed from last year. That experience/bond will get us group ready for winning the league in 17-18 season.

About as good an indicator as picking 3 correct lottery numbers compared to just 2 last week is of my ability to predict the future.

Another top 3 or even 4 finish would show progress given the ludicrous spending of the other top sides.

This competition and the FA Cup represent our best chance to win trophies. I hope we rest a few but still play a fairly strong side. Won't be the end of the world if we lose but I'd love to see us win this competition again.

This competition and the FA Cup represent our best chance to win trophies. I hope we rest a few but still play a fairly strong side. Won't be the end of the world if we lose but I'd love to see us win this competition again.
Fair comment, and Pochettino still needs to win his first trophy. Priority will still be the league of course. He already said he would play a similar side last time out. I think defo starts for Vorm, Trippier, CCV, Wimmer, Davies, Winks, Onomah, Janssen. Then fill in the rest.

He won't get £25k per week in the Championship, is the only reason I think he's still here.

No, he here because we offered him a new contract when we could have otherwise released him. If we wanted him if makes sense to play him in the league cup else we will never play him and we would simply be tinkling money down the drain when we pay his wages .

Carroll and Winks seem to be well tuned into each other's game. I'd pair them up for this tie. Their awareness is excellent and I'd also consider some direct running down the wings to feed off this.

..................Vorm..............

Trippier.....CCV........Wimmer......Davies

..............Dier....Winks........

Sissoko..........Carroll..........George

.................. Janssen...................

Back