• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham vs Liverpool

All the fatalism in this thread is a little confusing, as everyone seems to think this is the best squad we've had in a while. We've got good second-choice players, and games like tomorrow is their chance to prove themselves. A little disappointed that MS is suspended, as I feel like he's one of those with something to prove. Liverpool is a good team, but I think Klopp will rotate some as well. It's not as if this is Barcelona away.

---------------Vorm--------------
KT----CCV-----Wimmer----Davies
-------Dier------Winks--------
Sonny---Onomah----GKN
------------Janssen---------------

I understand fans who feel we should give up on this game given our other commitments but that just does not sit well with me, because I want us to win trophies even supposedly meaningless ones. Plus it's Liverpool and the media love in with klopp is already vomit inducing and the fans are into full "we are going to win the league mode". COYS.

This competition and the FA Cup represent our best chance to win trophies. I hope we rest a few but still play a fairly strong side. Won't be the end of the world if we lose but I'd love to see us win this competition again.

Have to agree with both these posts, i have done something i usually never do and given my ticket away for this game. I am sick to death of following the team around over the last few years in cup games only to see us field weaken sides and get beat.

I have been to Anfield on many occasions and its never a easy place to get a result( it was my 15th visit before i saw us win there) and the thought of going up there to see us roll over with a weakened side ( and to hear some fans say it does not matter if we lose) has finally got to me.

Have to agree with both these posts, i have done something i usually never do and given my ticket away for this game. I am sick to death of following the team around over the last few years in cup games only to see us field weaken sides and get beat.

I have been to Anfield on many occasions and its never a easy place to get a result( it was my 15th visit before i saw us win there) and the thought of going up there to see us roll over with a weakened side ( and to hear some fans say it does not matter if we lose) has finally got to me.

Hats off to you and others who go so often to watch us away from home. I try and do a couple of away games a season, didn't manage any last season but I honestly couldn't go to every single game, home and away even if money were no object, let alone trying to swing it with work. Especially when our away record is so poor at the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, Old Trafford, the Emirates/insert North East city here.

id love to have the time off to be able to go to Liverpool midweek and cheer on the youngsters/squad players - especially in a game where they will most likely be up against it - to me those are the games where support is most needed

Sounds like we've identified the problem here... [emoji6]

It was not the results of those games that used to tinkle me off ( it did really) it was more listening to the scouse fans singing " you have not won since the titanic went down" that really tinkled me off. One of the best away days ever when we finally put that to bed ( took us 2 days to get home) :D

id love to have the time off to be able to go to Liverpool midweek and cheer on the youngsters/squad players - especially in a game where they will most likely be up against it - to me those are the games where support is most needed

Been there, done that, got the tee shirt.

Fair few at work think this wont be a contest for Liverpool. Would be nice to knock a few smiles off a few faces I suppose

So does that mean Harry Winks has not done enough for you to merit a start.?

He has, but I would like to see Dembele get some more minutes under his belt. If not for that I'd probably start with Onomah and Winks together ahead of Dier.

Given the injuries/suspensions/Poch's comments/players who played in the last game, I now think the team will be this:

------------vorm
trippier----ccv----wimmer---davies
---------dier---winks
--onomah---carroll-----gkn
------------janssen

He has, but I would like to see Dembele get some more minutes under his belt. If not for that I'd probably start with Onomah and Winks together ahead of Dier.

Dembele started last Saturday and will start next Saturday so he does not need to play against Liverpool

couldn't give a monkeys about this, the dippers will go full retread and it's not worth our time
As much as I hate those tossers, I don't want to see a single first teamer out there.

We've got three far more important competitions we're involved with this year, that's more than enough to focus on.

Dembele started last Saturday and will start next Saturday so he does not need to play against Liverpool

Given his previous fitness issues and his most recent injury that he's just come back from I think playing him against Liverpool would make it quite a bit less likely that he'll even be available for selection come the weekend.

As much as I hate those tossers, I don't want to see a single first teamer out there.

We've got three far more important competitions we're involved with this year, that's more than enough to focus on.

Depends how you define "first teamer" I think. A couple of them on the pitch would be fine I think.

I dont see us playing our strongest team. Possible line-up is Vorm, Trippier, Dier, Wimmer, Davies, Winks, Carroll, Nkoudou, Lamela, Onomah, Janssen.

Back