• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham vs Liverpool

Easiest chance to win a trophy. I hope we put out a strong team.

How strong though?

We're in the middle of a run of 7 games in 23 days, at the back of an international "break" where a lot of our players were heavily involved and some were flying around the world.

A team similar to our line-ups in our last 3 games will by no means guarantee a win. Will you defend that selection even if we end up looking tired or even jaded against Leicester, Leverkusen or Arsenal?

I dont see us playing our strongest team. Possible line-up is Vorm, Trippier, Dier, Wimmer, Davies, Winks, Carroll, Nkoudou, Lamela, Onomah, Janssen.

I would suggest CCV in place of Dier at the back, in fact I am 100% sure he will be starting baring injury

How strong though?

We're in the middle of a run of 7 games in 23 days, at the back of an international "break" where a lot of our players were heavily involved and some were flying around the world.

A team similar to our line-ups in our last 3 games will by no means guarantee a win. Will you defend that selection even if we end up looking tired or even jaded against Leicester, Leverkusen or Arsenal?

Yes. I was pretty tinkled off with the weakened side we put out last season against Arsenal - iirc, we played Fazio in defense and made eight or nine changes to the side. I won't ever blame Poch for gunning for a trophy, even if that impacts our league form - it's pretty clear that we have a better chance of winning the former over the latter.

I would suggest CCV in place of Dier at the back, in fact I am 100% sure he will be starting baring injury

Will be interesting to see. A very good test for him if he does get the start.

Yes. I was pretty tinkleed off with the weakened side we put out last season against Arsenal - iirc, we played Fazio in defense and made eight or nine changes to the side. I won't ever blame Poch for gunning for a trophy, even if that impacts our league form - it's pretty clear that we have a better chance of winning the former over the latter.

That's fair enough, although I disagree. There will be a lot of people complaining if it does happen though. Particularly if we put out a team close to our strongest team and still go out (a fairly likely outcome of course).

As much as I hate those tossers, I don't want to see a single first teamer out there.

We've got three far more important competitions we're involved with this year, that's more than enough to focus on.

Only two to my mind, the FAC is the biggest pain in the hole, at least the FLC gets out of the way early and allows some concessions to the european qualifiers by giving them a bye in the first round

Yes. I was pretty tinkleed off with the weakened side we put out last season against Arsenal - iirc, we played Fazio in defense and made eight or nine changes to the side. I won't ever blame Poch for gunning for a trophy, even if that impacts our league form - it's pretty clear that we have a better chance of winning the former over the latter.

Other than the other big teams not taking it seriously, I am unclear why people think that this is our best chance of a trophy.

Other than the other big teams not taking it seriously, I am unclear why people think that this is our best chance of a trophy.

One of the best, this or the FA cup. Can't see us with a League or CL trophy, even if you turn your optimism level up to 11.

Like the FA cup, you only have to go six games without losing to pick up the trophy and this cup is taken a bit more lightly by the best sides. You don't get a trophy for a top 4 finish, but it's a far bigger achievement.

Like the FA cup, you only have to go six games without losing to pick up the trophy and this cup is taken a bit more lightly by the best sides. You don't get a trophy for a top 4 finish, but it's a far bigger achievement.

I get that but luck also has a bigger impact. Generally, the better teams do better in the league, it is far more common for poor teams to pick up a cup.

I get that but luck also has a bigger impact. Generally, the better teams do better in the league, it is far more common for poor teams to pick up a cup.

You can win a cup without winning a single game. Winning the league takes around 25 wins. If the goal is simply to win a trophy, you have a better chance if you always play your best side in the cups and rest players in the league. It doesn't make you very appealing to sponsors though and you will ultimately suffer decline.

I don't want us to lose this one but we need to give big game time to our youngsters and completely overhaul the team for this one. The FA Cup is following the Carling Cup/Worthington Cup/Coca Cola Cup in that it is becoming less important each year. This cup is not important at all to us at this stage although would be nice to win, so my team would be something like this:

Vorm

Trippier Dier Wimmer Davies

Nkoudo Wanyama Winks Lamela

Eriksen

Janssen

Let's go for it, I say. We need a trophy now. But we don't need to field our supposed strongest team to be competitive. Not that we can compare at all, but thought our reserves did ever so well against Gillingham, I think they'll be more than ready to compete now.

I'm looking forward to it. But it's always nice to be able to say "it was only the Mickey mouse cup" if we lose, of course.

Let's go for it, I say. We need a trophy now. But we don't need to field our supposed strongest team to be competitive. Not that we can compare at all, but thought our reserves did ever so well against Gillingham, I think they'll be more than ready to compete now.

I'm looking forward to it. But it's always nice to be able to say "it was only the Mickey mouse cup" if we lose, of course.
Win win situation.

Mings will be in goal for them. Henderson is suspended after strategically picking up a fifth booking for arguing with the ref. Stewart, Ejaria, Alexander-Arnold, Grujic and Ings were left out of their latest U23 squad and will most likely feature.

Mings will be in goal for them. Henderson is suspended after strategically picking up a fifth booking for arguing with the ref. Stewart, Ejaria, Alexander-Arnold, Grujic and Ings were left out of their latest U23 squad and will most likely feature.

Mings?
Mignolet

Back