• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Everton

Thought we deserved 3 points today and although we only took the one the performance overall gives me heart.

I agree fully about Hudd coming on, would have liked to see him come on sooner. For Parker that is.

For me at least, Dembele sometimes slows us down going forward, but he does so with a purpose. He's looking for space to exploit, opportunities to skip past players and create imbalance in the opposition. Parker slows us down without any real purpose. When we needed a goal we needed more players on the pitch that could do real positive things on the ball, taking off Dembele made very little sense to me unless it was just that he was exhausted.

Worth mentioning that AVB essentially never took off Dembele when we needed a goal earlier in the season, only now in recent weeks has he done so. This has been the time when our schedule has been very busy

i think that's most likely it in a nutshell mate. Agreed, Moussa has largely been immense this season.

Thought we deserved 3 points today and although we only took the one the performance overall gives me heart.

This. That's two games in a row Ade and Sigg have been our goalscorers. Let's hope AVB has found another knack of unearting a system to create a regular goalscorer: Defoe, then Bale, then Dempsey (sort of), then Bale again. Ade and Sigg now??

Knew Siggy would score today, can't believe I didn't put money on it...

Same for me , but with Adebayor. Tipped him to score Thursday night too.

For me, that was his best performance this season, he looked a lot more like the old Adebayor, hopefully he is getting his mojo back just at the right time

I agree, a draw was the least we deserved. Denied by the bar, havent seen MOTD yet, but pretty sure we were denied a penalty in the first half.
And I know its a poor excuse, but some of the decisions today by the ref and linesperson were beyond comical.

Good to see Hudd spraying a few passes around. Starting X1 in Basel??

2 things to day particularly bothered me. Now I cannot talk tactics like some on here but can anyone explain to me why Mirallas (and then later Jelevic) was allowed to run through, with our defenders standing off, to score. Other teams would have taken a yellow to stop them from getting a shot away. I think we are too nice these days. Secondly when we are taking corners why do we not block their goalkeeper like Anichebe did with LLoris. Sigg put in at least 2 inswinging corners right into the arms of Howard.

Last edited:

wow! Very different view to the one which I had!

Thought we tried and huffed and puffed but we have zero cutting edge or creativity. Created very very few clear cut chances at all - we were mainly limited to 20-30 yard hit and hopes, often from Dempsey.

The result keeps top 4 chances alive, though I think we need 12 points from the last 6, so probably need a point from each of Man C and Chelsea. Key is obviously when Bale and Lennon come back and also that when they do come back, they're 100% fit

There was something about the performance. I was at the game and saw players who were concerned.

I am a big fan of body language and I could see before the game they looked sharped, after a minute they scored. And when you score after a minute, it means you were ready and prepared well to play.

We were fine really in that first half, until that corner and that mistake from Lloris. Suddenly it makes things complicated.

The positive today was that at 2-1 down, we never stopped and we kept on pushing pushing and pushing and deserved the 3 points. I didnt expect us to be able to put so much pressure on their goal and to keep the ball for 30 minutes till the end was good. So for me it was a very good performance.

2 things to day particularly bothered me. Now I cannot talk tactics like some on here but can anyone explain to me why Mirallas (and then later Jelevic) was allowed to run through, with our defenders standing off, to score. Other teams would have taken a yellow to stop them from getting a shot away. I think we are too nice these days. Secondly when we are taking corners why do we not block their goalkeeper like Anichebe did with LLoris. Sigg put in at least 2 inswinging corners right into the arms of Howard.

For me the Mirallas situation (1-2 goal) is down to Parker not protecting his back 4, some blame to Vertonghen too I suppose. Once Mirallas is one on one with Caulker it's always going to be difficult for the defender. Try to tackle and get it wrong and you get a penalty against you and a red. Backing off a bit, trying to guide him down the side and get a block in seems like a decent plan even if it didn't work.

Parker just couldn't get up into those situations in front of the defenders though. I agree that a good cynical foul would have been a good plan as Mirallas was coming in between Parker and Vertonghen.

Sandro or Dembele wouldn't have allowed that to happen, neither would Parker 15 months ago.

There was something about the performance. I was at the game and saw players who were concerned.

I am a big fan of body language and I could see before the game they looked sharped, after a minute they scored. And when you score after a minute, it means you were ready and prepared well to play.

We were fine really in that first half, until that corner and that mistake from Lloris. Suddenly it makes things complicated.

The positive today was that at 2-1 down, we never stopped and we kept on pushing pushing and pushing and deserved the 3 points. I didnt expect us to be able to put so much pressure on their goal and to keep the ball for 30 minutes till the end was good. So for me it was a very good performance.

Good point. Considering we played Thursday night and Everton have had a weeks break, we finished well

Good point. Considering we played Thursday night and Everton have had a weeks break, we finished well

Yeah, the players really pushed hard today. They ran and we won most challenges in that second half. We still lack quality in key positions, dempsey is very poor. Holtby failing to produce.

Put Kaboul, Sandro, Lennon, Bale & Defoe in that team, and its not the same result. But they did well today

We are relying om Chelsea and Arsenal to drop points now, 3 weeks after being 7 and 4 points ahead of them respectively.

Whether you have heart or not is of no importance, our squad is looking exposed and mentality tired.

Hardly adding to it in Jan hasn't helped and we will no doubt dilly-dally this summer until august 31st by which time the usual comments about our lack of money/ wage structure and being thankful for getting 5th will come out on here.

We are relying om Chelsea and Arsenal to drop points now, 3 weeks after being 7 and 4 points ahead of them respectively.

Whether you have heart or not is of no importance, our squad is looking exposed and mentality tired.

Hardly adding to it in Jan hasn't helped and we will no doubt dilly-dally this summer until august 31st by which time the usual comments about our lack of money/ wage structure and being thankful for getting 5th will come out on here.

No we are not

70 will get us to the CL. We have 58. 3 points from either City or Chelsea and we're set fair for the games against Wigan, Stoke, Southampton and Sunderland that round the season off.

It is still very much in our hands.

well said, coach. =D>

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/spurs/news/villas-boas-arsenal-helped-by-belief_78357.html
west-ham-tottenham_1.jpg

"We don't look at ghosts in the past. We try to do our job properly. We want to win games. It's nothing to do with our tiredness."

"It[today] was an opportunity for other people to step up. It's not just Gareth we're missing, it's Aaron Lennon, Jermain Defoe and Sandro, who was the best recoverer of all in the Premier League when he was injured. I think we've seen players stepping up a level today: Gylfi Sigurdsson, Emmanuel Adebayor, Tom Carroll and Tom Huddlestone all doing ever so well."

We nicked a point todasy. fudge it I cant be bothered with the speelling.
AVb gets a poinrt Harry we lose. wew habveso m anuy injured playerds. 2 games i have seenlive and they are obcviosly goord teams. evertion and basle.but we fouyght and and did not lose. that is so important

Last edited:
Sorry..Huddd instead pof Parker for me
it was like adiffernt team when Scotty went off. He did not play bad its just .,I dont know

Back