• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Everton

We nicked a point todasy. fudge it I cant be bothered with the speelling.
AVb gets a poinrt Harry we lose. wew habveso m anuy injured playerds. 2 games i have seenlive and they are obcviosly goord teams. evertion and basle.but we fouyght and and did not lose. that is so important

Ha. My favorite post.

Sorry..Huddd instead pof Parker for me
it was like adiffernt team when Scotty went off. He did not play bad its just .,I dont know

it worked as everton sat back and got pinned back by both siggy and walker from both flanks, and ade hanging around dangerous positions throughout.

it was much faster build play with thudd - almost instant attacks - so it changed our game entirely. but it would have been suicide to have started thudd without parker and dembele.

credit where it is due:
- distain: won all the headers, i rate him > gallas
- mirallas: wonder solo run, constant pest
- anichebe: super hold-up play, very tough and hardworking

Oh ffs you're not seriously comparing playing a hardened first team star like Moutinho to effin' Carroll?

Maybe the coaching team don't want to destroy the lad's confidence before he's ready? Yes , we could finish outside the CL but the club is set-up to be fine without CL football? Bale might leave? Yeah he might but he may do with CL football anyway and if he does we'll get enough money to buy a whole new team.

I really don't necessarily think throwing the kid in to a high-pressure run of games with an edgy crowd and press scrutiny is the best thing and i would think he'd get a prem loan before he's a first team regular.

Um, they trusted him to start away against Lazio, why not home vs Everton?

And I happen to think it's a good strategy to put trust in your youth players, if you believe that you have developed them properly. Carroll is young but it's not like he's being thrown in the deep end and told to sink or swim, he's played plenty of pressure games in front of big crowds.

I thought there were a lot of positive off the ball runs in the first half which Dembele and Parker failed to see and its not the first time. I know a few on here complain about the off the ball movement but recently i have been tinkled off watching a player make a superb run only for the player on the ball to either run around in circles, take a man on and lose it or pass it sideways.

well said, coach. =D>

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/spurs/news/villas-boas-arsenal-helped-by-belief_78357.html
west-ham-tottenham_1.jpg

"We don't look at ghosts in the past. We try to do our job properly. We want to win games. It's nothing to do with our tiredness."

"It[today] was an opportunity for other people to step up. It's not just Gareth we're missing, it's Aaron Lennon, Jermain Defoe and Sandro, who was the best recoverer of all in the Premier League when he was injured. I think we've seen players stepping up a level today: Gylfi Sigurdsson, Emmanuel Adebayor, Tom Carroll and Tom Huddlestone all doing ever so well."

It's encouraging that he recognizes that so i hope that's the last we see of Dempsey and we see more of Carroll.

I thought there were a lot of positive off the ball runs in the first half which Dembele and Parker failed to see and its not the first time. I know a few on here complain about the off the ball movement but recently i have been tinkled off watching a player make a superb run only for the player on the ball to either run around in circles, take a man on and lose it or pass it sideways.

I think there was better off the ball movement today, against Swansea there was pretty much zero good movement by our attacking players. Ade usually has pretty good movement but it's his touch recently that's letting him down. He showed more initiative today though.

actually jagielka has both hands on vert's shoulders - that should've been a foul aye?

though mirallas deserved full credit for that goal for that mazy run!

We are relying om Chelsea and Arsenal to drop points now, 3 weeks after being 7 and 4 points ahead of them respectively.

Whether you have heart or not is of no importance, our squad is looking exposed and mentality tired.

Hardly adding to it in Jan hasn't helped and we will no doubt dilly-dally this summer until august 31st by which time the usual comments about our lack of money/ wage structure and being thankful for getting 5th will come out on here.

Win our games = 4th

Might not be important to you but seeing an encouraging performance at this stage of the season is for me

Straw man argument if ever ive seen one. Nice to see you've already made your mind up over things that haven't even happened yet though

Absolutely bang on.

Win our games = 4th

Might not be important to you but seeing an encouraging performance at this stage of the season is for me

Straw man argument if ever ive seen one. Nice to see you've already made your mind up over things that haven't even happened yet though

The problem with this is that for the first time in a while, if all of us win our games (even if we win the one at Stamford Bridge), we'll finish 5th.

Doesn't mean necessarily that we won't finish in the top 4 but its out of our hands for the first time in a while now.

One of Dembele's downsides in my opinion is that he holds onto the ball for too long and tries to dribble past one player too many when a pass is available.

Really disappointed we failed to win this match. We played well and deserved to win but was again let down by poor defending. The fact we scored 2 goals even without Bale and Lennon is a big credit to our attacks. When you score 2 goals at home, you are expected to win the match but not when your defence keep leaking goals for fun ! I have never been impressed with our defending this season as it has cost us too many matches. Hope our defence will improve when Kaboul returns and partners Vertonghen in defence.

Great to see Adebayor and Sigurdsson scoring for second consecutive match. Both seems to be in fine scoring form now. Adebayor has now scored 3 goals in his last 5 matches which is not bad. Due credit for Adebayor as he worked hard, scored a goal and was unlucky not to score another as his shot hit the post from which Sigurddson scored. Wish Adebayor has showed this form in earlier matches. Maybe he only plays well when under pressure. When Adebayor scored his goal in the very first minute, thought we will win comfortably. But instead we got complacent and let Everton dominate until their second goal. Fortunately for us, we came back strongly after that and got the deserved equaliser.

Our midfield were poor in the first half but improved in the second half. You cannot fault Dembele and Parker for not trying but they just lacked the killer pass or touch. But Dembele was unlucky not to score when his shot was pushed by the goalie onto the post. Hudd made much difference when he came on. Was great to see Hudd's long range passes which troubled Everton. I think it lifted the team. Just wish he had find the winner for us. Apart from the goal, thought Sigurdsson played very well. But was not impressed by Dempsey and Holtby. I think Holty needs to contribute more to the team. Not sure what happened to Dempsey but he looks clueless most of the times nowadays. His finishing lacked the accuracy which he showed earlier in the season.

You can't help but annoyed with our defence in this match. Everyone of them made an error which either directly contributed to their goals or almost gifted them one. Lloris and Vertonghen should have done better with the first goal. Caulker should have dealt better with the second goal. The way Caulker got turned inside out easily by the Everton player was not nice to see. It was not the first time Caulker got turned inside like that this season. Dawson almost gifted 2 goals to Everton by making silly errors. As it has been proven before, Dawson needs to play with more experienced defender. Dawson tends to become error-prone when he plays with young defender like Caulker. Hope Kaboul can improve our defence if and when he returns.

We should be beating teams like Everton at home. By failing to beat them, we have now gave back the momentum to Arsenal and Chelsea in the top 4 race. Just hope both Arsenal and Chelsea will drop some unexpected points in the coming matches. It was disappointing not to win but atleast we came back to draw. Hopefully this will boost our confidence against Basel in the EL second leg match.

The problem with this is that for the first time in a while, if all of us win our games (even if we win the one at Stamford Bridge), we'll finish 5th.

Doesn't mean necessarily that we won't finish in the top 4 but its out of our hands for the first time in a while now.

Ah i was unaware of that - thought beating them would put us a point clear

Disappointed to only get a point after a cracking start but its not the end of the world. If Everton play like that against both Arsenal and Chelsea, especially the latter on the last day, then they will get something from them too. Ironically, The game itself probably benefitted as a spectacle due to the players missing. I think that had Bale and Lennon been available then Everton would have done what they have tried to do the last 2-3 times they have come to us and just try to stop us playing with all the big game players cancelling eachother out.

I actually think that we played quite well considering the players missing and the fact we played on Thursday night and chased that game. Adebayor was a 100 times better than he has been although still nowehere like he was last season, Sigurdsson looked very lively as did Dembele and Walker had a very good game too. My one main concern was how Anichebe dominated our back four, especially Dawson. Daws looked petrified everytime the the ball was played up to Anichebe and it looked as though he didn't know how to contain him. The mess up between him and Parker for the Mirallas goal was schoolboy - totally unneccassary and avoidable and we didn't exactly cover ourselves in glory for the Jagielka goal either but there we go.

A point is better than none, we have a 2 week league break now to recharge and refresh. A win against City will do wonders for morale in the camp whilst deflating others elsewhere who would have expected a defeat.

Last edited:
I suppose we wont really know the worth of the point yesterday until Everon have been to Arsenal a week on Weds night/

An Arsenal win and we have definitely dropped 2pts, an Everton win and it becomes a big point. A draw then fair enough its status quo with 6 to go

Back