• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Everton

Well, nice to see Adebayor playing like he should? Does he not want to play up top with Bale or summin?

And did Dempsey go off at all, serious question?

I think today Ade was the focal point. When he's the focal point, it's natural he will be more involved closer to goal. He's played 'a role' for much of the matches since January. He was really really good today IMHO, so agreed.

Considering we had to play a new way today, I cannot fault the effort and endeavor of the side. I thought we played pretty well for a team that lacked a quick passer until the 75th minute, and it's a point that keeps us alive for sure (both psychologically and math-wise)...Everton play both chelski and the goons. They won't lose both. I still believe it's between us and Chelski BTW, cannot see the goons blowing it with their run-in and lack of matches...

I thought the defending was terrible for both goals, the first was weak for sure and the second, well, Verts got done and Daws was shaky...but again, given their overall contributions this season, I cannot get angry.

A word about Everton.
The rich man's Stoke.
A horrible, niggly side who have perfected the art of playing the man not ball but disguising it well. I wonder how many yellows there would've been with a ref like Mike Dean in charge.

A match which will doubtless divide us all once more, but I see a half-full glass and onwards we must plod!

But it's Anichebe, or any other strikers job to do that. And any defender, dawson, Ferdinand, Mertesacker (titter!) will get done sometimes.
Anichebe is a bloody muscular handful. He isn't going to just give up, and pass the ball to Daws because we think Daws deserves it more.

Yes, he got beat once or twice, but what do you want? Bloody miracles?

Agree with this. He was shaky but his heart and spirit got him in the way of things that mattered too...

Omg some of the posters on here should be managers perhaps we would be champions. Traditionally we are shot at this part of the season. We are still competing on 2 fronts but according to some we have been shot since start of 2013. Yes there have been some poor performances but we are in the top 4 with 6 games to go. We are still in Europa league. We don't have the resources of other top 4 clubs but we are competing.

Have to say though for all those that can't understand towns end's loan, he NEEDED this loan. It has made him step up big-style, to the point where I honestly wouldn't be bothered with signing a back-up winger in the summer. The loan has shown he can be a consistent premiership performer. Before the loan he wasn't going to make this step up playing 10 mins here or there for us or sitting on our bench.

I think today Ade was the focal point. When he's the focal point, it's natural he will be more involved closer to goal. He's played 'a role' for much of the matches since January. He was really really good today IMHO, so agreed.

Considering we had to play a new way today, I cannot fault the effort and endeavor of the side. I thought we played pretty well for a team that lacked a quick passer until the 75th minute, and it's a point that keeps us alive for sure (both psychologically and math-wise)...Everton play both chelski and the goons. They won't lose both. I still believe it's between us and Chelski BTW, cannot see the goons blowing it with their run-in and lack of matches...

I thought the defending was terrible for both goals, the first was weak for sure and the second, well, Verts got done and Daws was shaky...but again, given their overall contributions this season, I cannot get angry.

A word about Everton.
The rich man's Stoke.
A horrible, niggly side who have perfected the art of playing the man not ball but disguising it well. I wonder how many yellows there would've been with a ref like Mike Dean in charge.

A match which will doubtless divide us all once more, but I see a half-full glass and onwards we must plod!

=D> horrible

Oh yeah a draw at home to Everton indeed is proof we are brick. I want to win as much as anyone but I have been a fan long enough to say that is exactly the type of match a few seasons ago we would have lost

:eek::barnet:

:lol:

:ross:

I didn't mean that in a derogatory way!!! I admire you for keeping the faith so well.

But today, a couple of things aside, I liked what i saw, and honestly feel that was our game, destroyed by the ref and the pretty little kitchen maid in black ;)

Oh yeah a draw at home to Everton indeed is proof we are brick. I want to win as much as anyone but I have been a fan long enough to say that is exactly the type of match a few seasons ago we would have lost

Everton were poor....i think Arse will easily dispose of them, even if Feliani and Pienaar return

Omg some of the posters on here should be managers perhaps we would be champions. Traditionally we are shot at this part of the season. We are still competing on 2 fronts but according to some we have been shot since start of 2013. Yes there have been some poor performances but we are in the top 4 with 6 games to go. We are still in Europa league. We don't have the resources of other top 4 clubs but we are competing.

plus there have been good performances too. People seem to forget this, I.e. Battering Man U at home, Swansea away, even Liverpool away was a good performance we just suffered through individual mistakes, inter at home too.

Every team goes through bad runs of form, we had ours a few games ago, but to be fair I don't see today's performance as a bad one, it's about as good performance you'll see from a team with 3 of it's best midfielders missing and it's best striker.

Basle wasn't a poor performance team-wise either. They're by far the best team I've seen us play this season which was a shock. I don't know if it was their best performance of the season or a usual level of performance from them, but in the circumstances we did amazingly well after being floored by their surprising level of quality to come back and keep ourselves in the tie.

Swansea wasn't a bad performances either it was a really good one , they are a good side at home but we blew them away in the first half and dug in for the expected bombardment.

Everton were poor....i think Arse will easily dispose of them, even if Feliani and Pienaar return
sorry must have seen a different game and have a different definition of poor. Fulham 2 weeks ago stole the game imo Everton were, fouls aside, worthy of their draw.

A word about Everton.
The rich man's Stoke.
A horrible, niggly side who have perfected the art of playing the man not ball but disguising it well. I wonder how many yellows there would've been with a ref like Mike Dean in charge....
I was trying to think about how best to describe Everton. I couldn't come up with the words but I reckon you're not far off! I don't think they're as horrible as Stoke, but bloody hell, they get away some nasty niggly stuff and they play exactly according to a plan. Shame we weren't able to disrupt that plan, but two defensively poor goals to concede, and once we were behind you pretty knew exactly what you'd get from Everton. I thought it was a well deserved point in fairness and really hope Ade "gets on one" for the remaining games like he did today. Best performance I think I've seen from him all season, and we needed it.

Just came back from the game - boring dull game.

Anyways - first minute we were awesome, then sat back a bit, they scored, then we played ok without end product. Second half brick in reality. Yeah we lacked players but so did they, arguably two of their most important akin to our Bale and Lennon. No back up? whose fault etc etc etc

I dont agree AVB should have been booed but what I found to be totally fudgein ridiculous is the late substitutions. I wanted Thudd on MUCH earlier, why warm them up for 20 mins? I think had we an earlier sub or two we may have scraped a win.

have to agree with the niggly sentiment. All over the pitch they hang on to shirts, with little kicks at the ankles, blocking runners off the ball and shoving. They do it to a man so it must be drilled into them. Not as bad as watching Stoke though with their long balls, long throughs and percentage football. But I was surprised how much they got away with all over the pitch.

We didn't play badly really but without our regular pace we lacked a spark.

What we need are some players who can move the ball quickly because even without pace if you can move the ball quickly then you are always going to cut teams open. Its why the goons always seem to create plenty of chances because they are drilled to pass and move, lots of one touch moves etc.

That's probably why we wanted Moutinho because he has a bit of guile.

Hudd did well when he came on and showed he can switch the play when given time and space. Debateable how fit he is when starting though.

Same with Carroll, he looked really good. Had one moment where he hit a one touch pass on the swivel out to the left edge of the penalty area that cut out 2/3 players in one. Was great to see.

A word about Everton.
The rich man's Stoke.

They're not as bad as the unlicenced doormen that make up the Stoke team but I was annoyed with Marriner for being so weak, they're were obviously testing him to see how far he'd let them go and they got their answer, there was no line to step over.

I think we had a lucky escape last summer not getting Moyes as manager, would you want to have to regularly watch a team he's moulded?

But it's Anichebe, or any other strikers job to do that. And any defender, dawson, Ferdinand, Mertesacker (titter!) will get done sometimes.
Anichebe is a bloody muscular handful. He isn't going to just give up, and pass the ball to Daws because we think Daws deserves it more.

Yes, he got beat once or twice, but what do you want? Bloody miracles?

He got beaten more than once or twice but lets leave it there as you saw it different than I did.

We didn't play badly really but without our regular pace we lacked a spark.

What we need are some players who can move the ball quickly because even without pace if you can move the ball quickly then you are always going to cut teams open. Its why the goons always seem to create plenty of chances because they are drilled to pass and move, lots of one touch moves etc.

That's probably why we wanted Moutinho because he has a bit of guile.

Hudd did well when he came on and showed he can switch the play when given time and space. Debateable how fit he is when starting though.

Same with Carroll, he looked really good. Had one moment where he hit a one touch pass on the swivel out to the left edge of the penalty area that cut out 2/3 players in one. Was great to see.

Yeah it was good to see some incisive passing when Huddlestone and Carroll were playing. I wish that they had come on earlier, with Dembele moving forward in place of Dempsey.

As up till then we once again relied far too heavily upon long range pot shots, we had 20 shots on goal today but 75% of them were from outside the area which is even worse than our (league topping) average of 60% long rangers and with Bale not playing there was even less chance than usual of one them flying into the top corner.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/615256/Live/England-Premier-League-2012-2013-Tottenham-Everton

:ross:

I didn't mean that in a derogatory way!!! I admire you for keeping the faith so well.

But today, a couple of things aside, I liked what i saw, and honestly feel that was our game, destroyed by the ref and the pretty little kitchen maid in black ;)

Oh I know mate, loved it myself and (to be fair) it IS pretty accurate, I keep my criticisms to myself/a mate or two, and publicly tend to put the speccies on and try to see the best!
Ref was soft as brick. There was one 'challenge' on parker in the second-half which Ray Charles saw! As for their first, poorly defended as it was, I think Jagielka nudged Verts in the back and climbed on him.

They're not as bad as the unlicenced doormen that make up the Stoke team but I was annoyed with Marriner for being so weak, they're were obviously testing him to see how far he'd let them go and they got their answer, there was no line to step over.

I think we had a lucky escape last summer not getting Moyes as manager, would you want to have to regularly watch a team he's moulded?

Agree with all of this Gordy.

Back