• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT. Tottenham v Watford.

After the disappointing defeat to ManU in the FA Cup, we badly need to get back to winning ways. After all, we not only winless in our last 2 matches but we have also lost our last 3 matches at home. We have a good record against Watford, winning our last 5 matches against them at home. There is no reason why we cannot win this match as long as we don't get complacent. We have to be more clinical and ruthless in front of goal. Let's hope we will win this match to improve our chances to finish in top 4 in the league.

Kane has not been in good form since returning from injury. We need to hope he will get back his goal scoring boot in this match. After all, Kane needs goals to chase Salah in the top scorers race. We only seem to play we on well when Kane plays well and scorers. So hope Kane will be be fired up for this match. Apart from Kane, we need all our attacking players to lift their game as well. We need Eriksen to continue his goal scoring run. Others like Alli and Son need to find their goal scoring form as well. I think Lamela deserves to start in this match after not starting in our last 2 matches.

Our midfield have not been in good form in recent matches. Ideally want Dembele and Wanyama to start in midfield. But Wanyama has looked rusty since returning from injury. So I think Dembele will need to partner Dier in midfield. I think Moura is still not ready to play full match for us. So, maybe Moura might gets to play some part in this match. Somehow feel Sissoko might play well if he gets to play in this match as well.

Our defence have conceded too many soft goals in recent matches. Wish we can have Alderweireld back to improve our defending. It will really lift us if we can have Vertonghen, Alderweireld and Sanches in defence. I think Alderweireld can guide Sanchez on how to be more alert in defence. With due respect to Watford, it will be disappointing if we don't keep the clean sheet in this match.

We need to win all our remaining matches to finish the season strongly in our top 4 race. It is almost impossible to overtake ManU for the second place but we can still overtake Liverpool for the third place. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Watford and improve our chances to finish in top 3 places.

Everybody dance now!

It will really boost us if Alderweireld is back in defence. After all, we badly need to get back to winning ways. As always, we need to get an early goal to help settle our nerves and then go for more goals to kill the game off. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get a convincing win in this match.

Watford effectively safe. Chelsea up our backside.

Our lot going out thinking we just have to turn up. Not liking it.

Did know it was The 3rd place now. Sounds important!!!

What do Spurs make finishing 3rd or 4th?

The winner gets about £150m and there's roughly £2m difference per placing. We actually received less than City last year, even though we finished above them, because they got about £3m more in TV money. Liverpool ended up with as much as we did for the same reason.

No longer the case, top 4 all go straight into the group stage.
Unless....the unthinkable scenario happens. Liverpool finish 5th but win the CL and Arsenal win the EL. Then forth spot is not a CL place. However unlikely I would like to take Spurs out of that equation with a couple of back to back wins, so tonight for me is a crucial match.

There is a big difference between 4th and 3rd. UEFA allocate a market pool fund to English teams, and that is split 40/30/20/10 between the top 4. As the market pool is in the region of £150M for England, the 4th placed finisher gets £15M whilst 3rd gets £30M... just for turning up... so it does have a material impact on THFC finances from Champions League payments on top of the £2M difference in Premier league prize money.

Unless....the unthinkable scenario happens. Liverpool finish 5th but win the CL and Arsenal win the EL. Then forth spot is not a CL place. However unlikely I would like to take Spurs out of that equation with a couple of back to back wins, so tonight for me is a crucial match.

Of course. Its happened to us before, I really dont think the chances if lightning striking twice are that high. Are they?

Shhh - you'll jinx us!

There is a big difference between 4th and 3rd. UEFA allocate a market pool fund to English teams, and that is split 40/30/20/10 between the top 4. As the market pool is in the region of £150M for England, the 4th placed finisher gets £15M whilst 3rd gets £30M... just for turning up... so it does have a material impact on THFC finances from Champions League payments on top of the £2M difference in Premier league prize money.

Thats what I was looking for, damned if I could find it though.

It is why we will look at taking third. If we win our last four games we will finish third...a position I believe is fair (second would be reflective on how good we’ve been) but we need to do it.

The relative silence from Poch since SF day has been deafening. Not since the 5-1 at Newcash has he said so little after a major disappointment. I fully expect us to roar tonight!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back