• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT. Tottenham v Watford.

I dont envisage any coach talking to a player he's trying to sign and go to him 'You're not going to play much for the rest of the season - but come sign for us.' Least of all someone who wants to leave his current club because he's been on the bench from the start of the season.....

At PSG he was on a hiding to nothing. Not getting any games and absolutely no sign of them turning to him. More likely his they upgrade on his upgrade and he never plays again.

With us he has a genuine chance to earn a place in the side.

I would imagine Poch told him the same thing he tells us. Players have a contract to train, those that impress him enough will play.

Moura has had opportunities to effect games, and while he has looked bright he hasnt really changed a game or really effected it.

He clearly isnt doing enough in training yet to force himself in, but he is still getting chances as we can afford them.

Given Pochs system really takes time to settle into (and be fit for) is any of this a surprise?

At PSG he was on a hiding to nothing. Not getting any games and absolutely no sign of them turning to him. More likely his they upgrade on his upgrade and he never plays again.

I would imagine Poch told him the same thing he tells us. Players have a contract to train, those that impress him enough will play.

Moura has had opportunities to effect games, and while he has looked bright he hasnt really changed a game or really effected it.

He clearly isnt doing enough in training yet to force himself in, but he is still getting chances as we can afford them.

Given Pochs system really takes time to settle into (and be fit for) is any of this a surprise?

I reckon a few of our players who won't go to the World Cup will get a chance next season, as they will be ahead of the others in pre-season and may get some starts whilst the World Cup players recover and get back into the club groove. I'm guessing Moura will be one of those.

Or is it more a question of Poch playing favourites? None of us know what is shown in training, but Lucas has been here now since January so I doubt his fitness is an issue. He is fresh and should be raring to go. He has looked bright in most of the games he has played in and even scored a key goal. To me he is just what may be needed to inject some new energy into what is looking like a jaded team given our performances since the Chelsea game.

No arguments with any of that, Im just saying I dont think Poch would tell any potential signing they arent going to play much to start off with. That is down to the player to affect the coach's decision. I really like what Ive seen of Moura, but Poch doesnt have the best record with wingers to date:D That being said, GK and N'Jie were a bit more bargain basement than this one....

Or is it more a question of Poch playing favourites? None of us know what is shown in training, but Lucas has been here now since January so I doubt his fitness is an issue. He is fresh and should be raring to go. He has looked bright in most of the games he has played in and even scored a key goal. To me he is just what may be needed to inject some new energy into what is looking like a jaded team given our performances since the Chelsea game.

Absolutely not. Poch has always trusted players to play if they deserve it.

And I doubt he is fit enough for starts right now. He had half a season off before coming, and it takes time to get up to our levels of fitness.

That said, as I said, Id have liked to have seen more of him from the bench. There have been games crying out for his skillset where we didnt see him. Obviously in those Poch has had different ideas, generally prefering to shut up shop.

No arguments with any of that, Im just saying I dont think Poch would tell any potential signing they arent going to play much to start off with. That is down to the player to affect the coach's decision. I really like what Ive seen of Moura, but Poch doesnt have the best record with wingers to date:D That being said, GK and N'Jie were a bit more bargain basement than this one....

Like I say, I think he told him he would have to work hard and prove himself and there were no guarantees.

Moura had the choice of sitting out his contract and not playing again or going to an upwardly mobile side and working his way in.

If I was Moura, I would be right tinkled off by my treatment by Poch. I feel he has been bright in most of his cameos. He looks fast and has quick feet. He has a good assist and goal scoring record. Watching that brick, I would be wuestioning why I wasn't brought on for Son at Half time or at least before the hour mark. He has hardly played this season and so must be fresh and raring to go. Give the guy a chance! Poor use of resources by Poch. His in-game reading remains one of his greatest weaknesses imo.

If you were Moura you'd know what was going on mate.
As a supporter, I also wanted Moura on around 70 to stretch Watford, but given the conservative way we were going about things second-half, I suspect Pochettino did not want to push on with a player who might n to yet be fully adjusted to our system. I think a full pre-season will give him every chance of starting, especially (as suggested by someone above) we are dealing with World Cup/Sonny at Asian games too...

Well I don't think Kane was told, cause his face looked like death.

One time Lamela burst through and Hazza was offside! he had to hold it/run with it and then he got caught in two worlds. The moment was lost. I remember it clearly. I would not necessarily say it was all his fault that time. Hazza's still finding his run-timing, as evidenced by the disallowed goal which was very tight but when he's in-form not even a margin 'cos he'd stay "on"...

One time Lamela burst through and Hazza was offside! he had to hold it/run with it and then he got caught in two worlds. The moment was lost. I remember it clearly. I would not necessarily say it was all his fault that time. Hazza's still finding his run-timing, as evidenced by the disallowed goal which was very tight but when he's in-form not even a margin 'cos he'd stay "on"...
Not wanting to be harsh on Kane but I thought that was poor from him to be caught offside from Verts pass...

Last edited:
I have no insight into what he was or wasn't told - and I suspect you haven't either. However, put yourself in his position. He is a full Brazilian international who wasn't getting any game time at PSG. With the World Cup coming up, he chose to come to us, I suspect with the hope of getting at least some game time with the hope of breaking in to their World Cup squad. Consequently, he is fresh and would be raring to go. With some of our forwards showing signs of mental and physical fatigue, I would have thought he would at least have expected to have a fair shot at some more game time. I would like to see him start at West Brom.

I still cling to the hope we will go 3 at the back, bring Alderweireld back in, play Eriksen and Alli deep next to Dier (they swap off) and get lamely in there from the start. However, I don't see Toby playing for us ever again unless we are screwed injury-wise/he gives in and signs a reasonable contract. One thing which was interesting Monday was how both Eriksen and Alli took turns dropping back to cycle play anyway, doubtless because they could see Moose was struggling badly...what I would do to get Modric back short-term next season/also teach Winksy how to master that role!!!

I have no insight into what he was or wasn't told - and I suspect you haven't either. However, put yourself in his position. He is a full Brazilian international who wasn't getting any game time at PSG. With the World Cup coming up, he chose to come to us, I suspect with the hope of getting at least some game time with the hope of breaking in to their World Cup squad. Consequently, he is fresh and would be raring to go. With some of our forwards showing signs of mental and physical fatigue, I would have thought he would at least have expected to have a fair shot at some more game time. I would like to see him start at West Brom.

Of course neither one of us know for sure what Poch told him, but if he follows his usual form with players he wants them to be used to the way we play and the different formations he uses. The only way a player is able /can do that is to perform them is training and show that he can follow Poch's wishes.

Now as you say no one can say how long that takes players to fit into hat, but i am sure that after a pre season we will see more of him in our shirt.

I would also have liked Lucas to come on for the last 20/30 mins against Watford but I get why he didn't. The tempo and thrust of our game wasn't up to scratch and Watford had already shown that with a little more luck/guile they could have worried us more so I guess that Poch chose to stick rather than twist and thereby risk getting done on the break.

I'm also sure I've seen recent quotes alluding to Lucas needing more time to learn how to play to our style when not in possession as opposed to it being all about his fitness, which makes sense of Monday's non-appearance to me.

Roll on next season - I genuinely believe that our little Brazilian will be regularly doing a Sane/Mane and tearing it up for us.

Mourad for son was the obvious sub, Watford looked a bit dangerous and were winning balls towards the end for a spell.
Mourad tracks back and is willing to put a foot in. Son doesn't.

Back