• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT. Tottenham v Watford.

In seriousness it's a long season and the mark of a strong squad mentality is when one manages to win when one doesn't play well. That should be celebrated IMO.

I love Hugo but he has owed us a solid performance, which he duly turned in. We rely on our entire squad to succeed, that's exactly what we've done tonight.

Massive three points that puts the pressure right back on Liverpool and Chelscum.

Some supporters really do just revel in being sad and moaning, oh well, I'm gonna leave you to it... Bring on West Brom.

COYS!

giphy.gif

Lacklustre is the word I'd use, first half especially.
I think we're going through a collective dip in form right now. I don't think there's anything particularly amiss behind the scenes as has been suggested, just some fatigue, enough players simultaneously below par to make a noticeable difference, and a not-yet-fully-fot Kane.

Watford gave us a few scares first half which Hugo handled well but second half I never felt particularly threatened by them. They sat deep and were more physical than I had imagined. But if not for our sloppy passing at times the score line could have been far more favourable. When we did get some movement flowing we looked good but let ourselves down too often.
Trippier good offensively, Eriksen always trying to make something happen and Hugo showing us why he is a top keeper. Dele had moments of brightness. Kane was better but still not 100%- but getting sharper.
Son promised at the beginning then I forgot he was playing. Lamela when he came on delighted and frustrated in equal measure.

Not our prettiest performance but a win, a clean sheet, and Kane back on the scoreboard. I have had worse Monday evenings I'm sure.

Fbs haven't had much help from dier or Dembele, been isolated defensively tonight at times.

Don't disagree. However, Trippier is suspect in one on one situations. Davies is better but I honestly feel we need better options in both positions seen as Rose is out of favour and not anywhere close to the level he was at until January 2017 and Aurier hasn't pulled up any trees.

I also think some of our players have one eye on the world cup.

Players like Eriksen, Dier, Dele and the Belgium lads will be wanting to have a good world cup to get a bigger contract or a move to another club.
Players will want to play well at the WC for its own sake , Could be a reasonable reason why there's a drop a bit though.

I thought we were forcing it against our normal game, players like dembele and dier playing forward where they would play sideways or back.

Forgot to mention in my earlier post but how bizarre was it to hear the Watford supporters singing about Wenger having won more than us. Singing about another team/another manager - why would you do that? I don’t like us singing the ‘you’re f...ing sh1t” song apart from against one or two opponents, but it did seem to shut them up for a bit after they started on the Wenger rubbish.

Forgot to mention in my earlier post but how bizarre was it to hear the Watford supporters singing about Wenger having won more than us. Singing about another team/another manager - why would you do that? I don’t like us singing the ‘you’re f...ing sh1t” song apart from against one or two opponents, but it did seem to shut them up for a bit after they started on the Wenger rubbish.

Similar to when teams used to sing "you'll never beat the Arsenal" when we went 9 years without beating them. It's an easy way to wind us up.

Lloris - 8 Safe hands throughout, great coming out and tackling
Trippier - 9 Excellent game in both attack and defence. Stood up brilliantly on several occasions. MOTM
Sanchez - 8 Solid display and looked like he's got a season under his belt. Will be great next season.
Verts - 8 Usual reliable self, which is helping turn Sanchez into the player he's becoming. Unlucky not to score.
Davies - 7 Not as good as he can be in either attack or defence but solid enough.
Dembele - 6 Few giveaways, looked to tire, not offering as much in bringing the ball forward as we need him to.
Dier - 7 Solid but not overly impressive. Also feeling the effects of a long season.
Son - 7 Tried to break their defence but didn't have much luck, not much of a goal threat.
Eriksen - 8 Touches of class throughout and an assist. When he plays even half well, we look dangerous.
Alli - 8 Well taken goal, plenty of energy and a few wholehearted tackles.
Kane - 7 Decent finish but he's still nowhere near being the player we saw before the injury.

Probably should have had a penalty on 30 mins too... Plenty of opportunities despite playing badly.

Plus we dominated the possession! AVB would have been proud.

I’m a bit confused as to how Watford fans can sing about us not winning anything when they also win fudge all. Complete hypocrisy.

Plus:
  • We won.
  • PB Block 134 to Wembley Central!
  • Back in Leeds @ 01:45
  • We won.
Minus:
  • Poor atmosphere.
  • Tired performance.
  • Bladder & Wembley Kiosk speed of service (or lack there of) conspired to have me missing both goals.

WBA will have our shorts down if we don't buck our ideas up by the weekend.

But.........................WE WON!

AND WHAT THE FVCK IS #TOtaco? (Apart from the obvious reaction to whoever came up with it:rolleyes:)

Not going to criticize anything as on holiday in Central America next to the Pacific...
I,m keeping in touch with reality..Spurs off course!
We have not been doing so good since we have been away. Our defence needs to get back on track and players in front Dire and Dembele

It's interesting how we're still sweating about how many points we need to secure CL going into the final 3 games of the season. The last couple of years where we qualified comfortably with a handful of games have really spoiled us.

Does go to show how much more competitive the Top Six Five is this season that we’ve already attained more points after 35 matches than we finished on in 2015/16... in fact our current tally of 71pts (with +37GD) would’ve been enough to secure runners-up spot back then!

97C37248-AE29-4BBB-BB90-E6FE91DBAED2.jpeg 19C583E8-558D-47DE-8853-D432E523BC02.jpeg 235F9FCF-D3E0-4D60-9444-2CEA0C23528A.jpeg

Last edited:
Terrible game in general, but we got the 3 points.

Win Sat and any sort of Liverpool result means top 4 again.

If we win sat a draw would be an excellent result for us.

Hugo MOTM by a mile.

Back