• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT. Tottenham v Watford.

Lacklustre is the word I'd use, first half especially.
I think we're going through a collective dip in form right now. I don't think there's anything particularly amiss behind the scenes as has been suggested, just some fatigue, enough players simultaneously below par to make a noticeable difference, and a not-yet-fully-fot Kane.

Watford gave us a few scares first half which Hugo handled well but second half I never felt particularly threatened by them. They sat deep and were more physical than I had imagined. But if not for our sloppy passing at times the score line could have been far more favourable. When we did get some movement flowing we looked good but let ourselves down too often.
Trippier good offensively, Eriksen always trying to make something happen and Hugo showing us why he is a top keeper. Dele had moments of brightness. Kane was better but still not 400%- but getting sharper.
Son promised at the beginning then I forgot he was playing. Lamela when he came on delighted and frustrated in equal measure.

Not our prettiest performance but a win, a clean sheet, and Kane back on the scoreboard. I have had worse Monday evenings I'm sure.

Some of the runs Dele was making were superb! A shame we didn’t look to hit him more as he looked lively. Second-half was containment mode. I think they are struggling to enjoy games right now, feeling a bit sorry for themselves, but as long as the jon continues to get done then that is fine by me. The two biggest winners were Hugo and Harry. Hugo needed a game like that, and Harry is slowly coming back to life. One thing...he is getting no protection right now. Copped one through his achilles and was manhandled numerous times...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I’m a bit confused as to how Watford fans can sing about us not winning anything when they also win fudge all. Complete hypocrisy.

I tried to get a chant of “the biggest thing in Watford is the gap” to the tune of “if Dixon plays for England so do I”...obviously only the friends around me who had also enjoyed a Guiness or few were in. Their songs were putheddic!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Three points, who could ask for anything more? Obviously our fair and balanced media, if only we could have played as well as United and Liverpool did this weekend. I suspect they have their "Spurs bottle it again" headlines if we don't finish in 2nd, 3rd or 4th position. I can only imagine the out cry if we had taken no points away from home this year, but it's show that is ok for Woolwich.

Great to see us getting back to winning ways. But this was another unconvincing performance. In fact we were very fortunate to win as Watford had more chances to score than us. Watford had not scored in 7 away matches before this but we tried our best to help them score ! They could have scored 4 or 5 goals but fortunately for us, Lloris was at his best to stop them. We really need to improve our performance if we want to win the remaining matches to finish in top 3 places.

Credit to Alli and Kane for scoring our goals. Both those goals came at a crucial time for us, at the start of each half. Alli was at the right place and time to score after being assisted by Eriksen. That goal should have inspired us but instead we couldn't lift the game. Kane scored just when we badly needed it at the start of second half. Good to see Kane scoring again but he still looked poor and lacked his usual sharpness in front of goal. If Kane had been more alert, he could have scored a hattrick as he missed an open goal after Vertonghen's header hit the post and scored another goal which was ruled offiside in the second half. Son had another poor match. Lamela should have started instead of Son who had been poor in recent matches. Lamela didn't have much time to make an impact after coming on late in the second half.

Our midfield had a poor match as we let Watford create too many chances. Dembele dan Dier made too many mistakes and gave away the ball too many times. Sissoko and Wanyama who came on later in the match didn't do much better either. Sissoko atleast had a good goal scoring chance after being set up by Kane but he wasted it. A bit disappointed to see Moura not getting to play any part in this match. But not sure if Moura would have made any difference with almost all the players playing poorly.

Good to see our defence keeping our first clean sheet in 6 matches. Surely, Lloris should be our man-of-the-match as he made 4 or 5 good saves to stop Watford. But apart from Lloris, thought Vertonghen and Sanchez were not at their best as Watford came close to scoring too many times. We badly miss Alderweireld as our defence have been struggling since he got njured. Wish Pochettino will start Alderweireld in the remaining matches.

After losing our last 3 matches at home, it was great to see us getting back our winning form at Wembley. Wish Kane had scored the hattrick to improve his chances in the top goal scorers race. Let's hope we will win all our remaining matches to overtake Liverpool and finish in top 3 places.

Lloris - 8 Safe hands throughout, great coming out and tackling
Trippier - 9 Excellent game in both attack and defence. Stood up brilliantly on several occasions. MOTM
Sanchez - 8 Solid display and looked like he's got a season under his belt. Will be great next season.
Verts - 8 Usual reliable self, which is helping turn Sanchez into the player he's becoming. Unlucky not to score.
Davies - 7 Not as good as he can be in either attack or defence but solid enough.
Dembele - 6 Few giveaways, looked to tire, not offering as much in bringing the ball forward as we need him to.
Dier - 7 Solid but not overly impressive. Also feeling the effects of a long season.
Son - 7 Tried to break their defence but didn't have much luck, not much of a goal threat.
Eriksen - 8 Touches of class throughout and an assist. When he plays even half well, we look dangerous.
Alli - 8 Well taken goal, plenty of energy and a few wholehearted tackles.
Kane - 7 Decent finish but he's still nowhere near being the player we saw before the injury.

Hmm, I'm not sure if anyone deserved more than a 7 tbh. Maybe Alli as he took his goal well.

Not singling out Trippier cos I thought we were below par collectively but he was awful defensively! I'm staggered that people think he had a good game in defence! He got done at least 3 times in one on one situations.

Lamela did what he always does when he comes on, holds onto it for too long. From the 85th minute, he had three great chances to play Kane and I think Dele in, instead he hung on to it and ran into dead ends and turned the ball over. It would be very frustrating playing ahead of Lamela.

Lamela did what he always does when he comes on, holds onto it for too long. From the 85th minute, he had three great chances to play Kane and I think Dele in, instead he hung on to it and ran into dead ends and turned the ball over. It would be very frustrating playing ahead of Lamela.

I think it’s very likely he’s under instruction to keep the ball and win a set piece to kill clock, he’s done it in a few late introductions recently.

Its been a good weekend. Gooners are officially worse than us for the second season in a row. The Scousers dropped point and we won.

That was a Massive 3pts for me
Now 1 behind the dippers with a game in hand
We are 5 ahead of Chavs
A win at the w/e puts us ahead of the dippers by 2, and 8 ahead of the Chavs with only 9 available for them.

Tbh, tonight is all about the points. Let’s get 3rd spot, that gives us automatic CL next season and no prelims to worry about.

Was worried we were going to come 5th in a four horse race.

Actually thought Watford are a decent side as well.
I think 4th place also gets an automatic CL spot next season.

We played poorly again but managed to get the result ( and that is what really matters at this time of the season), Lloris was back to his best '(good job he was) Trippier was good going forward but looked dodgy in defense, Dembélé was poor ( yet again). And our biggest worry ( imo) is that Kane still looks like he is stuggling and whatever the problem is its not rectified yet.

We now move on to WBA and i can see that being another banana skin.

If I was Moura, I would be right tinkled off by my treatment by Poch. I feel he has been bright in most of his cameos. He looks fast and has quick feet. He has a good assist and goal scoring record. Watching that brick, I would be wuestioning why I wasn't brought on for Son at Half time or at least before the hour mark. He has hardly played this season and so must be fresh and raring to go. Give the guy a chance! Poor use of resources by Poch. His in-game reading remains one of his greatest weaknesses imo.

If I was Moura, I would be right tinkled off by my treatment by Poch. I feel he has been bright in most of his cameos. He looks fast and has quick feet. He has a good assist and goal scoring record. Watching that brick, I would be wuestioning why I wasn't brought on for Son at Half time or at least before the hour mark. He has hardly played this season and so must be fresh and raring to go. Give the guy a chance! Poor use of resources by Poch. His in-game reading remains one of his greatest weaknesses imo.

I disagree on his in game reading, and was actually going to make the point that at the start of the second half, it was Poch changing things without it needing to be a substitution. He altered the shape slightly, the fullbacks (in particular Davies) started making more runs infield for example and we got the crucial second goal. From then on it was containment mode, which Sissoko and Lamela are better placed to carry out as subs.

Lucas will start next season I imagine, particularly as Son will be knackered from the football he plays this summer. As long as he performs in pre-season I think the opportunity is his. And by all accounts Lucas is loving life here - he knew his 5 months with us this season would be for acclimatization.

Moura is a fool if he thought that he was going to feature much until next season. I think that Poch is handling his integration about right and hopefully, we will see the benefit next season. I think that Moura has looked ok but not much more in his appearances so far.

Humiliating a player by taking them off at half time is not Poch's style (thank GHod) and I think that one of the reasons that players perform so well under him is because of the trust that he develops.

I do not think for one minute that Moura thought he would get a lot of game time this season, i also think that Poch probably told him that as well. He will get a chance to see and learn in training and after a full pre-season with the team i expect to see a lot more of him next season.

I do not think for one minute that Moura thought he would get a lot of game time this season, i also think that Poch probably told him that as well. He will get a chance to see and learn in training and after a full pre-season with the team i expect to see a lot more of him next season.
Disagree..
I don't know why we pay good money for a player and not play him.
Especially this player as he is an attacking player that can take on the oppositions defence.
This is exactly what we need IMO to beat the bus parking.
+ I have seen more games than Poch!
Let's give this player longer time in the game to see if he can shake this bus parking up.

Disagree..
I don't know why we pay good money for a player and not play him.
Especially this player as he is an attacking player that can take on the oppositions defence.
This is exactly what we need IMO to beat the bus parking.
+ I have seen more games than Poch!
Let's give this player longer time in the game to see if he can shake this bus parking up.

Because it takes time to acclimate to this league, and particularly this clubs style of play.

We all said in January Moura was bought with an eye to next season, and anything he can contribute this season is a bonus.

Right now sub appearances is perfect for him and his development with the squad.

I have been a little disappointed to have not seen more of him, in a few games particularly where I felt his style was what we needed, but I really have no complaints. I think we will be grateful for his handling here by Christmas when he is tearing it up...

I have no insight into what he was or wasn't told - and I suspect you haven't either. However, put yourself in his position. He is a full Brazilian international who wasn't getting any game time at PSG. With the World Cup coming up, he chose to come to us, I suspect with the hope of getting at least some game time with the hope of breaking in to their World Cup squad. Consequently, he is fresh and would be raring to go. With some of our forwards showing signs of mental and physical fatigue, I would have thought he would at least have expected to have a fair shot at some more game time. I would like to see him start at West Brom.

Back