• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT. Tottenham v Rochdale.

I’d say pragmatism over arrogance, we need players fit for the league/CL games, the priority is qualifying for next seasons CL, everything else is a sideshow.

Embarrassing. If only you were a arsenal fan in the days they won the top 4 trophy every year, so much glory you missed out on.

Strongest team, seems every time we rest players we get games like Sunday against palace.
We rested players for the two games against Newport. The games directly following those were wins and good performances against Manchester United and Arsenal. After those games respectively we had the away draws against Liverpool and Juventus. You might have more examples to the contrary, but it's certainly not every time. We did lose to Manchester United after resting players in the LC vs. West Ham, but I'm not sure it was a particularly poor performance. We won after getting a man sent off away to West Ham after resting players against Burnley. Any more examples?

I think the chances of the results following the two Newport games being as good would have been worse had we not rested players in the Newport games.

The Newport and Rochdale games also gave valuable game time to some of our squad players. Some of which we've called upon already like Wanyama. I think he was better off for that game time.

I'd expect it will be fine, snow isn't too bad and tubes are running OK. We'll be lucky to get 35K tonight anyway with it being this cold.

FA Cup remains our best chance to win a trophy this season. We have been fortunate to avoid all the big teams so far in the FA Cup. We should make full use of the luck of the draw. This is a needless replay against Rochdale. We could have avoided this replay if we had taken the first match seriously. Hope we have learned a good lesson from the first match and will take Rochdale more seriously in this replay.

We struggled in the first match after resting all our first 11 players. So, we should play all our best available players apart from those injured or out of form. We are badly lacking consistent goal scorers apart from Kane. So, want Kane to start and score goals to increase his goal tally for the season. Apart from Kane, not sure where we are going to get goals from. Llorente doesn't look like scoring goals, Son has not scored in 9 matches while Alli has not scored in 12 matches. Eriksen doesn't seems to play in Cup matches. So, want Lamiela to start this match as he scored against Newport in the previous round replay.

Our midfield seem to be at full capacity nowadays. So, want us to play our best available players. Will prefer if Dembele and Wanyama start in midfield. But can see someone like Winks and Sissoko start instead. Whoever play in midfield, they should give their best and avoid taking Rochdale lightly. Moura did well to score against Rochdale in the first match. So, want Moura to start this match. Maybe he can help us score a goal or two.

Our defence seem to be being affected by too many injury problems this season. With Alderweireld already struggling with injuries, it will be disappointing if Vertonghen is out with injuries as well. It is going to be tense if we are forced to play Sanchez with error-prone Dier or Foyth in defence. Let's hope our defence will be at their best and avoid making any stupid errors. It will be disappointing if we don't stop Rochdale scoring in this match.

With us playing the replay at Wembley now, there is no reason why we cannot beat Rochdale to progress to the next round. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Rochdale and progress to the Quarter Final against Swansea next.

There's no need to play our strongest team to beat Rochdale at Wembley. Away from home in the cup, anything can happen (like Emirates Marketing Project playing a strong team and getting beat by Wigan). But at home, or at Wembley, a much lesser team is very unlikely to beat our 2nd XI. We'll win this no problem, just like Newport.

Everybody dance now!

We need an early goal to help settle our nerves and then go for more goals to kill the game off. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get a convincing win to progress to the FA Cup quarter final against Swansea.

There's no need to play our strongest team to beat Rochdale at Wembley. Away from home in the cup, anything can happen (like Emirates Marketing Project playing a strong team and getting beat by Wigan). But at home, or at Wembley, a much lesser team is very unlikely to beat our 2nd XI. We'll win this no problem, just like Newport.

I like "unlikely".....

Nothing is 400%. We could play our strongest XI and get a freak result. But, imo, a heavily rotated team would beat Rochdale at Wembley 9 times out of 10.
The FA cup performances are mercurial to put it mildly.
Another x amount of minutes watching Llorente struggle does nothing but turn my pessimism upto 11;)

The FA cup performances are mercurial to put it mildly.
Another x amount of minutes watching Llorente struggle does nothing but turn my pessimism upto 11;)

Even if we manage to begin to phuck it up, we'll just bring Harry off the bench and he'll save the day by slotting away the pen that Dele came on and dived for :)

I went to a match at Doncaster Rovers a few years ago where the conditions were worse than this. They put a message out about this time of the day inviting fans to turn up a bit early and 'bring a shovel'. The surrounding area was quickly cleared and game went ahead.

Vorm
Trippier DIer Foyth Rose
Wanyama Winks
Moura Lamela Son
Llorente

Team I'd like to see.

I'd expect Lamela not to play but Sissoko instead.

I have no doubt the pitch will be alright and its slowing down a bit - I always thought it was surrounding areas that were a concern and I wouldn't want to be travelling back to Essex tonight after the game (Rochdale coaches? ).

Back