• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT. Tottenham v Rochdale.

Fed up with dragging ourselves through this competition.

Stamp some early authority on the game. Get a lead. Play a youngster or two.

3-0

dont play the plodders, they seem to play down to opposition levels. No Sissoko. No Llorente. No Vorm.

------------Gazzanigga------------

Tripps-----Foyth----Toby-----Rose

-------------Winks--Wanyama-------

--Son---------Moura------------Lamela

------------------Kane ( first half only )

Alderweireld won’t be fit. Clipped his toenail whilst shaving in the bathroom.*

*probably not true but there is a conspiracy theory that says that he is being frozen out.

I'd give Llorente another run out. Yeah I know he has been brick but I'd still give him one more chance to make a contribution. If we need him later in the season then he'll need to build up some modicum of confidence and this may be the last real chance we can afford him.

Same team, fringe players gain much needed match fitness and get to make amends for not winning at their place.

3-0

COYS

Another run? He hasn't run for Spurs yet. He lightly jogged once, to get off at half time.
I would rather play KWP up top than Llorente. Or Gazzaniga. At least they can move and get involved.
I'd like to say he'll make you eat your words, but he probably won't. But just on the off chance he does - ha.

Fed up with dragging ourselves through this competition.

Stamp some early authority on the game. Get a lead. Play a youngster or two.

3-0

dont play the plodders, they seem to play down to opposition levels. No Sissoko. No Llorente. No Vorm.

------------Gazzanigga------------

Tripps-----Foyth----Toby-----Rose

-------------Winks--Wanyama-------

--Son---------Moura------------Lamela

------------------Kane ( first half only )

Poch has said that neither Toby or Jan will be available tomorrow.

I think we have a number 2 goalie who should play ahead of our number 3 goalie

I have no problem with the rest of your line up though

Why push the lad he not played that well when asked apart from the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game

That maybe because it was only against Saudi Sportswashing Machine that the right footed right back played in his favoured position as a right back.

I remember once Trippier played as a left back and he looked kinda rubbish.

It is one thing for him to play as a left back against his age group but a completely different thing against men

The arrogance of some of you cracks me up. :rolleyes:

A couple of days ago we put out a strong team against Palace and struggled to beat them 0:1 and now many of you think a weakened team without Kane will easily sort out Rochdale when the first leg and the previous round reveal evidence to the contrary. We need to approach this match like it is a league match and take it very seriously.

If we play a weakened team and get knocked out you'all will come on here with your pitch forks calling out Poch for getting it wrong.

Last edited:
The arrogance of some of you cracks me up. :rolleyes:

A couple of days ago we put out a strong team against Palace and struggled to beat them 0:1 and now many of you think a weakened team without Kane will easily sort out Rochdale when the first leg and the previous round reveal evidence to the contrary. We need to approach this match like it is a league match and take it very seriously.

If we play a weakened team and get knocked out you'all we come on here with your pitchforks calling out Poch for getting it wrong.

I’d say pragmatism over arrogance, we need players fit for the league/CL games, the priority is qualifying for next seasons CL, everything else is a sideshow.

I cant watch another 90 minutes with him up top.

Play Son.

Would actually consider Kane as he seems to be a little out of form

Kane shouldn’t start under any circumstances. Same team as last time - they can’t be that bad twice and Wembley should make a positive difference for us too.

I promise you it was no sideshow in 1991 when we won it

A different time, it was a big deal then, before the CL started, when it still rewarded the winners with participation in a valued continental competition.

Now it's no different to winning the LC, which at least has the good grace to get out of the way early in the season.

Back