• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* / OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine / *

TEAM NEWS - Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A)
Posted 16 August 2012 4:15pm

Andre Villas-Boas reports a clean bill of health after this week’s international fixtures.
We had 10 senior players away on international duty and all-but one featured, with Steven Caulker an unused substitute for England against Italy.

Kyle Walker, Gylfi Sigurdsson and Jan Vertonghen all played 90 minutes for England, Iceland and Belgium respectively.

“We are assessing the players as they return, but there are no major things,” said Andre before Thursday afternoon’s training session.

“Gomes is out, Parker is out. Those are the setbacks at the moment. The rest of the squad is available and jumping towards selection.”

Sandro was back at Spurs Lodge today after collecting a silver medal with Brazil at the Olympics on Saturday and then jetting off to Sweden for a friendly.

Thursday and Friday’s sessions will be the first time the midfielder has trained with Andre.

“He’s had the best of pre-seasons, which is playing time,” added Andre.

“He had his rest when the season finished and he has been active and playing.

“He only played for two minutes (for Brazil against Sweden) last night, so you could say he’s fresh. We’ll assess his level over the next couple of days.”

So interested to know how AVB lines up. With Sandro back, I really do hope JJ is way down the pecking order.

VdV and Sig's roles intrigue me the most.

Friedel

Walker Kaboul Vertonghen BAE

Jenas Sandro

Lennon Sigurdsson Bale

Defoe

Subs.Cudicini,Gallas,Bassong,Livermore,VDV,Kane,Townsend

Sorry, 2-0 defeat Sandro wont be able hold the Saudi Sportswashing Machine midfield on his own

Bassong on the bench over Dawson and Caulker? uhhhh

Anyone would think I was blonde. Totally forgot about them both. Dawson no idea why, Caulker probably becuase he hadnt featured in pre-season.
So yes, scratch Bassong for sure, but couldnt tell you which of those two and Gallas will miss out.

@ Volspur. Personally I would have Livermore over Jenas, but I feel AVB wont. Regards Gio, I would have put him on the bench but I dont even think he has trained with us yet, so I doubt he'll make the bus/plane

Anyone would think I was blonde. Totally forgot about them both. Dawson no idea why, Caulker probably becuase he hadnt featured in pre-season.
So yes, scratch Bassong for sure, but couldnt tell you which of those two and Gallas will miss out.

@ Volspur. Personally I would have Livermore over Jenas, but I feel AVB wont. Regards Gio, I would have put him on the bench but I dont even think he has trained with us yet, so I doubt he'll make the bus/plane

How about Hudd?

How about Naughton? Can cover both fullback positions competently.

Going to be some unhappy players not even making the 18 come Saturday.

Well with no team news I'll say:

---------------- Friedel ----------------
Walker -- Kaboul - Vertong -- Ekotto
---------- Sandro -- Livermore --------
- Lennon ------------------------- Bale -
------------- VDV ------------------------
------------------ Defoe -----------------

Subs: Cudicini, Dawson, Naughton, Rose, Thudd, Siggy, Kane

Made a couple of changes based on what we've been hearing about AVB's opinion of Thudd.

Nothing concrete just people's opinions that he doesn't fit in with AVB's ideals and that AVB has been favouring Jenas and Livermore.... Then after I posted that you've got Thudd's latest tweet...

I like Naughton, and would really like the idea of him in the squad

Me too. Looked very solid for Norwich every time I saw him and can cross a decent ball as well. imo he's 2nd choice LB and RB behind Benny and Walker. None of this sticking Kaboul out right or Verts out left unless we have to, Naughton will get plenty of games this season hopefully. Rose really should have a loan sorted out by now

Back