• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* / OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine / *

I'm not convinced about Siggy yet. I thought he was rather anonymous for large swathes of the pre-season matches actually. What happens in pre-season means very little really, but do you really think that he can step into what is the Modric role. I don't. I would only play Siggy if VDV is not fit.

I dont for a second think he is supposed to. I believe it simply isnt his job at all.

He is there as AM/goalscoring mid. He is there to support attacking plays and the striker and get in on goal.

Its not a position that necessarily sees a great deal of the ball, so its natural he may slip out of games for spells.

Last edited:
No club in this league would do what we're doing. Going into the season with an untried 18 year old and a player that can't play in his managers prefered formation....utter fudging shambles. What other team has 2 strikers in their squad with one of them being an 18 year old that looks rather brick and hasn't even played in this league. It's infuriating to say the least.

no decent football club in the world, including my church team.

wonder why the media hasn't picked up on this, even in the previews of our opening match with barcodes.

I dont for a second think he is supposed to. I believe it simply isnt his job at all.

He is there as AM/goalscoring mid. He is there to support attacking plays and the striker and get in on goal.

Its not a position that necessarily sees a great deal of the ball, so its natural he may slip out of games for spells.

Nor do I hence my response to Denmark Spur. It's one of VDV or Siggy for me, not both, as per Denmark's formation.

Lampard sees plenty of the ball so I hope to see Siggy get involved as much. When VDV plays that role he is constantly looking for the ball. Too much some might argue but there is no denying his involvement. I haven't seen enough of Siggy yet to rank him properly vs VDV's contribution, but from the little I have seen he is firmly behind VDV in the pecking order IMHO.

It is quite unbelievable that 3 days before a new season we are going into the campaign with 1 striker, kane doesn't count, let's face it he ain't all that is he ? And our 1 striker is quite simply the worst to play the lone role since Rory Allen, he get's caught offside more often than John Terrys knob.....I am in utter disbelief at the situation we find ourselves in. COYS

Completely agree with this. Sig isn't the player who will be on the ball constantly, or set the tempo of our game like Modric but will be judged according to how influential he in in the final 3rd. He has a knack for scoring goals and if he does that with us then he will be a valuable addition.

It is quite unbelievable that 3 days before a new season we are going into the campaign with 1 striker, kane doesn't count, let's face it he ain't all that is he ? And our 1 striker is quite simply the worst to play the lone role since Rory Allen, he get's caught offside more often than John Terrys knob.....I am in utter disbelief at the situation we find ourselves in. COYS
Mate you bloody said it even the levy trust phalanx me included is now flapping like mad at this half baked situation.

The longer it goes on makes me think there will only be one conclusion. Bale will start the season as a striker. This way it's been forced on AVB rather than a straight selection.
Freidel
Walker Dawson(Capt) Vertongen BAE
Jenas Livermore
Lennon Sig VDV
Bale

Anita having a medical.

anita-harris.jpg

Harris ???

GK: Friedel

RWB: Walker
CB: Vertonghen
CB: King (1 day contract)
CB: Dawson
LWB: Bale

CDM: Sandro
CDM: Parker (He is really brave, he will play with injury)

RW: Lennon
CF: Van Der Vaart
LW: Giovani Dos Santos

------------------------Freidel-------------------------
Walker----------Kaboul-------Vertonghen-------Ekotto
-----------Sandro------------Huddlestone-------------
---Lennon-----Sigurdsson------VdV----------Bale------

I think he will play 1 of VdV or Sig and play with Defoe up top.

Bale off with a slight back injury in the Wales game. Hopefully a precuation.

Its never reallly been the same since that Everton game 18 months ago

dont know why we are worrying anyway.

AVB has got this , he's a super coach and super tactician able to make players in deft technical ones. He allegedly puts harry to shame with his skills

we got this brothers,

0-3 to Tottenham

What's happened to you? GHod you've got boring. And insanely negative. Wishing Defoe got an injury, not giving AVB even the slightest of chances and the constant Harry eulogising. Please stop!

Its great to be so close to having the Premiership back. But tonight I realised there;s one downside....we now have 9 months of that stupid f#cker shouting "Ladbrokes Game On" every half-hour. ](*,)

Its great to be so close to having the Premiership back. But tonight I realised there;s one downside....we now have 9 months of that stupid f#cker shouting "Ladbrokes Game On" every half-hour. ](*,)

Not to mention all the brilliant punditry that we'll get between ads.

Back