• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* / OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine / *

Oooooooh AVB
He came from Chelsea
Now we play like...Spain?

Normally im all revved up for the start of the season. But with Just defoe to lead the line and modric off im actually quite worried and aprehensive. Im hoping that i get proved wrong, that having a fairly settled team will move us along from last season and our new players will put in a blinder for the camera's. And then maybe by the next game the rat will have buggered off and we will have some shiny new players. Well at least Big Ade!!!

I take it everyone feels the high line will work tomorrow?

If Kaboul is fit to start ahead of Dawson that will help.

Friedel is my real worry though. I think Walker was still at infant school the last time he made it out to the edge of the 18 yard box.

If Kaboul is fit to start ahead of Dawson that will help.

Friedel is my real worry though. I think Walker was still at infant school the last time he made it out to the edge of the 18 yard box.

Walker is an infant? :eek: I remember Friedel outside the box in two of our pre season friendlies.

Howay UNITED!

Newcastle_United_Logo.svg

I'd be happy with a draw but think we could easily win. It's just the stupid striker situation. This also relies on Sandro playing!

Apparently youre missing Cisse, Ba, HBA, and Cabaye...

Seeing as you have no strikers, and we have no strikers...fancy a riot? It worked last year for us ;)

Apparently youre missing Cisse, Ba, HBA, and Cabaye...

Seeing as you have no strikers, and we have no strikers...fancy a riot? It worked last year for us ;)

They'll all be involved, Cabaye certainly.

Ba and Cisse will probably play as well, having to manage them carefully atm due to Ramadan.

Ben Arfa isn't fully fit but I still think he'll be on the bench.

This is our strongest line up for me. If I see Jenas starting I'll be very disappointed.

--------------------Friedel---------------------
Walker-------Kaboul-------Vertoghen-----Benny
-------------Sandro---------Hudd-------------
Lennon---------------VDV---------------Bale
---------------Defoe---------------------------

Will be Jenas or Livermore instead of Hudd and expect Sigurdsson to start. VDV and Sig strike partnership FTW!

Really have no idea how we will line up.

Spanish:

-------------Sandro-------Livermore-------------

Lennon---------------Sig---------------Bale
----------------VDV---------------------------

Spanish:

-------------Sandro-------Livermore-------------

Lennon---------------Sig---------------Bale
----------------VDV---------------------------

No chance. Defoe will start

-----------------------------------Friedel-----------------------------------

Walker------------Kaboul---------------Vertonghen-------------Benny

----------------------Sandro-----------Livermore-----------------------

Lennon---------------------Sig-------------------------------Bale

--------------------------Defoe-------------------------------------------

Not a bad team that, by any means. Just looks a bit more unexciting since we haven't signed anyone, but we didn't have a bad team to begin with.

I feel a point that has been missed is that did Defoe not play as the one striker up top for England - and the side continued to look good, keep possession, and he was able to create chances? We really don't need to worry too much. Sure it would be nice to have Ade, but I think with AVB's high line reducing the space between defence and attack, we will be keeping the ball on the floor almost all of the time which will really suit Defoe. And I am fairly impressed with Kane this pre-season, he seems to have found a bit more pace or was simply faster than I remember...I think he will do a decent job if called upon.

Looking at that side, we need a Modric replacement to come in for Livermore...but Livermore will be buzzing from his England debut and seems to suit AVB's gameplan. Would be nice to see more cover for Lennon and Bale although VDV can do a job there and hopefully a place on the bench for Townsend. Another goalkeeper will probably get sorted before the deadline too.

Back