• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool ***

Anyone knows when dembele is back?

Hope he come in hitting the ground running.
Kinda depressing we are probably relying on him coming back to start playing football we know we are capable off..

Anyone knows when dembele is back?

Hope he come in hitting the ground running.
Kinda depressing we are probably relying on him coming back to start playing football we know we are capable off..

I don't think we rely on him necessarily. I thought we showed glimpses today, but overall, most of our lads were a bit off the pace. When all the lads, especially the attacking players, are firing (none have really been themselves so far this season), we'll be more of a threat, regardless of whether Dembele plays. I do miss Dembele though, and he's certainly important to us, but I do believe we're capable of playing good football without him.

Last edited:
That's given Poch something to think about. Does Dier/Wanayama really work? Does Onomah add anything? Where are the leaders on the pitch? How do you accommodate Kane and Janssen if you play both?
Where is the pace? Why so many misplaced passes? Should we try and avoid the easy ball back to keeper pass? (as it allows pressing teams to reset and press us around our area.) And a lot more....

Excellent questions JohnPaulGeorgeand

I'm with you.

I'm surprised to see so little mention of the penalty that wasn't. The replays clearly showed Lamela's clip was outside the box. Not a penalty.

Also, in the fist phase of the move, Coutinho (I think) was offside, yet our defender reacted to his run so the attacker has to be active, surely? The ball was over hit and ended up with Firmino, who then went on to get the pen.

Also, there was the Matip foul on Janssen where we could easily have got a pen, and the free kick we got right on the edge - I'd like to see if that foul was on the line.

We weren't brilliant, but if anything they were luckier than us, especially with decisions.
I'm sure there was a decent shout for handball in the first minute too which Sky didn't even show.

Klopp, Klopp, Klopp, Klopp, Klopp, Klopp, Klopp, Klopp, Klopp, Klopp, Klopp, penalty, GOAL. 0-1 Klopp, Klopp, Klopp, Klopp, Klopp, Klopp, GOAL, 0-2 oh no offside, Klopp, Klopp, Klopp,Klopp, Klopp, Klopp, goal 1-1, Klopp, Kloop, Klopp, Klopp, Klopp. Sorry I though I was a journalist.

I only listened on the radio (at work). Seemed like Liverpool should have been 2 or 3 up at ht if they took their chances. We sounded sh1te.

I'm glad we escaped with a point. So far, we are matching our points tally in the corresponding fixtures for last season (Everton away, Palace and Liverpool at home). And unbeaten, despite not finding our form yet.

Hopefully, we'll come back strong after the international break.

I only listened on the radio (at work). Seemed like Liverpool should have been 2 or 3 up at ht if they took their chances. We sounded sh1te.

I'm glad we escaped with a point. So far, we are matching our points tally in the corresponding fixtures for last season (Everton away, Palace and Liverpool at home). And unbeaten, despite not finding our form yet.

Hopefully, we'll come back strong after the international break.

The first half was quite upsetting to watch - the second at least showed some small improvement!
Getting a point was lucky!
Vorm was great!

The first half was quite upsetting to watch - the second at least showed some small improvement!
Getting a point was lucky!
Vorm was great!

We're we really lucky? 4 attempts on target to their 3, offside and minimal contact outside box for their penalty, a ref who blew for them but ignored blatant fouls on us, both keepers making good saves. I could go on but you get the picture!

We looked sluggish, our passing isn't quite there yet and we lacked pace and power. It's clear we have work to do to reach the standard set last season but I'm not having this 'lucky" bs. Vorm was outstanding but so was mignolet!

We're we really lucky? 4 attempts on target to their 3, offside and minimal contact outside box for their penalty, a ref who blew for them but ignored blatant fouls on us, both keepers making good saves. I could go on but you get the picture!

We looked sluggish, our passing isn't quite there yet and we lacked pace and power. It's clear we have work to do to reach the standard set last season but I'm not having this 'lucky" bs. Vorm was outstanding but so was mignolet!
This was a bigger influence than most would think.

They consistently broke up any chances we had with little fouls. The moment there was a break on, foul. Forward looking to turn or a full back overlap, foul. Picking up the ball or kicking it away at every free kick or throw, falling over under any touch and smothering the ball so the ref has to give a free kick. The ref needed to start showing yellows (including second ones) to keep the game going but he was either corrupt or incompetent.

The way they play reminds me very much of Chelsea's dirty tactics under Mourinho

We should have been out of the game by halftime IMHO
Coutinho should have scored. Yes Vorm made a good save but Coutinho was woeful for that miss.
Very pleased with the point mind

We should have been out of the game by halftime IMHO
Coutinho should have scored. Yes Vorm made a good save but Coutinho was woeful for that miss.
Very pleased with the point mind

Mane's goal that was flagged offside (presumably against Lallana) must have been a marginal decision as well; I'll be interested to have another look at that on MOTD. The relief was palpable when the flag went up. Horrible miss by Eriksen at the other end as well, though; he should have buried that.

Finally getting round to posting after the game and haven't read all of the thread. I know it was the same for both teams , but has anyone mentioned the heat? It was fudging roasting! Energy sapping for both.
Vorm was impressive and I never thought I'd post that. Danny Rose grew into the game and was rewarded with a goal, maybe Milner had run out of puff.
Mane should have walked and that Ref was a joke!
Two quite evenly matched teams slugged out a draw, what worries me this season is that they will have fewer games in which to achieve something, but then again they ain't in the CL for they can suck on that!
fudging hate Liverpool!

I've just finished watching the game, I much prefer sitting through it and already knowing the result as it lets me look at the game without my emotion's tainting everything.

First off, I gotta say that we really shouldn't be brainwashed by the pro Liverpool commentary and punditry team. They will have everyone convinced that Liverpool were deserving winners today and that Spurs pluckily snatched a draw. The thing is though that the stats show two evenly matched sides pressing the brick out of eachother and carving out roughly the same number of chances. Skysports propoganda at its best.

For the first 15 minutes we were the better side although the game was scrappy. Alli looked very good although Kane was controlled fore most of his time up top. After that though Liverpool's intensity was very high and our front four could not hold onto the ball. On top of that Liverpool knew exactly where to run, as Klopp likely coached them on where we leave the most space when attacking. Alli, Wanyama and Dier all got caught out at times with the quick switch leaving one side of our centre empty. This meant fairly decent opportunities for Liverpool where we looked very open, however this only really happened up until half time. The penalty was unfortunate, but fair. Lamela got caught out and then was behind Firmino, accidently clipping his heel.

The second half though was completely different, Liverpool's energy levels dropped off and we started knocking it around more. Alli in midfield drove us forward just like Dembele does and we should consider him as first choice backup in the future, no more of this Dier+Wanyama brick. At times we almost looked to be playing a 4132, Lamela and Eriksen really came infield and that's when we started knitting play together. Eriksen and Alli started alternating and we got more control in midfield, the 64 minute mark being the best passing move of the entire game. After the goal Liverpool still didn't really threaten us until the injury time period, they weren't the better team from the 60th minute onwards (after the disallowed Mané goal).

On Onomah; He did rooster up at the end there, but he did have an overall good cameo. Look at the 85th minute, he held off two men, drove forward, played an intelligent pass toAlli and then broke into the box looking for the return. The possible rewards for giving him time and seeing him thrive with us outweigh the negatives. If we don't give him or any young players time then they will never develop. He will learn at the top level, just how physical he has to be and just how quickly he needs to think. Writing him off right now as some people are doing is ridiculous.

Finally getting round to posting after the game and haven't read all of the thread. I know it was the same for both teams , but has anyone mentioned the heat? It was fudgeing roasting! Energy sapping for both.

Grass seemed to be too long to me. Its the same for both teams but consistently our passes seemed to be undercut. We actually got into great positions on 3-4 occasions in the 2nd half and pass seemed good but slowed up along the floor.
It would seem an odd excuse but I'm sticking with it!

Jambo.
I agree with all of the above.
Concern here is why the bench did not have Trippier, Mason and Chadli, instead of 2CV, Winks and Onomah?
I understand Poch wants to give young players a chance but not at the expense of points. You wonder if these are political selections to convince Levy to get players he wants or just bloody-minded hints to get rid of the more senior players?

Today, Trippier would have been a natural replacement for Walker who was clearly struggling to track back, hence their two early chances from that side.
If Mason was on the bench he could have gone into the CM position and given us more energy, With Dier at RB.
Surely, Chadli against Milner would have been a better tactic, not just as he can beat a man by switching ball between his feet, but also, as he could have attacked any aerial ball from Rose at the back post.

Even if they are going to be sold, they should be used whilst we pay for them, they are multi- million pound assets, or if Poch wants to sell a player, and they are not in his "plans", then are they banished forever? We could do with some grown up management.

On the fitness front perhaps we could bring in Verheijen, the Dutch expert to help plan, our somewhat extreme levels at the start and ends of seasons?

The sub was a bit bewildering. We do need our best players on the bench agreed. OK, if say Chadli scored and he,s not really in Poch,s plans..so what,his selling price would increase or even better if Chadli has a point to prove and plays well that is what we need! Not players as some have pointed out today..not up for it.

Grass seemed to be too long to me. Its the same for both teams but consistently our passes seemed to be undercut. We actually got into great positions on 3-4 occasions in the 2nd half and pass seemed good but slowed up along the floor.
It would seem an odd excuse but I'm sticking with it!

Haha, that's a first. You may be right though. We were by and large better away from home last season than at home, so that's something to remember when we struggle against decent sides at home. Maybe our pitch is really too cramped.

Back