• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool ***

The little I've seen of Winks he has a 'twinkle' to his game moves the ball accurately with pace, pleases me in a player, he's like Dele, a pleasure to watch.

Maybe, to be honest i have not seen enough of Winks to make a call on that, but i do like Carroll ( i have said it before but he reminds me of Modric) he is always on the move and can take a pass and give one and then move again.

For me we have no other player who really gives us that, as you say Winks may do the job but as i say i have not seen enough of him to say.

That's the issue we as fans have

We haven't seen enough to justify an opinion whereas Poch clearly had

Good point.

I just think is easy to formulate points based on speculation, rumours and conjecture when the person who ultimately lives and dies by them is the manager

I always thought it was crazy to have the man in charge earning much less than the people who ultimately report into him

I just think is easy to formulate points based on speculation, rumours and conjecture when the person who ultimately lives and dies by them is the manager

Another good point, but you know what fans are like, any old rumour, blog writing, teletext post, bogus ITK and before you know it the world is ending.

Satisfied with the win. But wish we had beat Liverpoool for once ! Liverpool are the only big team we have failed to beat under Pochettino. And it has been 4 years since we beat them. For some reason, we always tend to struggle against them. In fact, we are very fortunate to get away with this draw. Liverpool had many chances to kill the game off. Fortunately for us, we managed to get back to draw this match.

We have not been very convincing in the 3 matches so far this season. One of the main reason for that is the poor form of Kane. Just like last season, he has started this season poorly and doesn't look like scoring any goals now. We badly miss his goals as we don't have any other consistent goal scorers for us. Credit to Rose for getting a rare goal for us. Lamela did well to assist the goal for Rose. But too bad Lamela didn't score to get us the much-needed win. Similiarly, wish Janssen had scored his first goal for us. Not surprisingly, Janssen still needs more time to settle down and start scoring goals for us.

We again badly missed the influence of Dembele in midfield. Dier and Wanyama just don't make our midfield as strong like Dembele. Liverpool simply controlled the midfield too much. In fact, we got outplayed in midfield. I think Dier and Wanyama makes too many unforced errors. It was annoying the way Dier stupidly gave away the ball from which Liverpool scored in the second half. Fortunately for Dier, it was ruled offside. We could have lost this match had that goal been given.

Credit to Vorm and our defence for limiting Liverpool to only 1 goal. It was really surprising to see Vorm have another error-free performance. In fact, Vorm made a few world class saves to keep us in the game. He was so good against Liverpool that I thought he could even save the penalty. Maybe Vorm will have a future at Spurs if he can continue this kind of performances. But a bit worried about the form of Alderweireld and Vertonghen as they are still not back to their best form. Hopefully they will get back to their best soon.

Really wish we had managed to overcome the Liverpool jinx. Now we have to hope we can beat them away later in the season.

That's the issue we as fans have

We haven't seen enough to justify an opinion whereas Poch clearly had

The worrying thing right now is that Pochettino seems to be making his opinion known by the team he selects. I mean fair enough at home to Liverpool and away to Everton early in the season to go for the safety first solution of Dier and Wanyama. But at home to Palace?

When Pochettino has rated young players he has made that very clear by the team selection he's made. Even when that's been both surprising and even upsetting to some of our fans. Bentaleb, Dier, Kane, Alli, even Lamela were shown a lot of trust by Pochettino. Even making Wimmer our "first choice backup" at CB showed a lot of trust.

At home to Palace none of those that might be the players that could fill a creative role deep in central midfield were given the kind of start Bentaleb and Dier got regularly when they were being trusted.

For me that's a worry. I hope I'm worried without reason though. And certainly Winks and Onomah look like talented young players. I even rate Carroll and Mason quite highly, though both look somewhat likely to be let go.

I think Poch is managing expectations versus realities versus the Euros versus waiting for the window to close. Honestly, as 'exciting' as the window is, I believe they should either close it at the start of the domestic season or abolish it/open transfers all year.

I think Poch is managing expectations versus realities versus the Euros versus waiting for the window to close. Honestly, as 'exciting' as the window is, I believe they should either close it at the start of the domestic season or abolish it/open transfers all year.
It's total gonad*s that it doesn't close at least a week before the season starts.

Close it at the start of the season as i would hate it if we went back to open all year. I remember when it was like that and its bad enough listening to all the flimflam ITK, blog rubbish and agent brick during the window GHod help us if we had to listen to all that crap all season.

Back