• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool ***

you don't have to resort to long ball to counter act the press but you do need intelligent passers in the middle who can play comfortably under pressure - that's why i was advocating starting Carroll.
Problem with carroll is that I lost faith him last year. He's good in a dead rubber but whe the pressure was on, he failed every single time last year. He stopped showing for the ball and his passes went back rather than forward - was basically a liability considering his lack of defensive cover. Had high hopes for him a few years back but now he would be the first one out of the door to give winks a similar go.

I must say that I am starting to have doubts about Poch, unless we sign at least 2 or 3 players before Wednesday evening. Our squad looks very thin, and some quality HAS to come in. Some of the things happening behind the scenes seem very weird.

Sent with Miele C1 Vacuum cleaner

Problem with carroll is that I lost faith him last year. He's good in a dead rubber but whe the pressure was on, he failed every single time last year. He stopped showing for the ball and his passes went back rather than forward - was basically a liability considering his lack of defensive cover. Had high hopes for him a few years back but now he would be the first one out of the door to give winks a similar go.

on defensive cover i agree he's potentially a liability but disagree on your assessment of his passing game, i didnt notice any regression with that side of his game last season. iirc he was mostly brought on in games when we were leading and was probably charged with helping us see games out, which could explain the sideways/backwards passing - much better to recycle possession in those situations than to play high risk forward passes which could concede possession.

We're more than decent without the ball, physically strong and we must be a bit of mare to play against. But we're lacking with the ball and if we don't improve, we will see plenty of drawn games again, just like we did last season.

We all know, we've not got the top tier players at our club, but what we have got, are players that are better than what they're showing at the moment.

We don't have many dribblers so the ball needs to be passed a lot quicker, especially against hard pressing teams like Liverpool.

I don't really want to single out individuals but I will say our front players, bar Janssen and Lamela, do not seem to play enough, quick one and two touch football. Eriksen sometimes does and when doing so, has his best games. Kane and Alli are the worse culprits in taking to many touches, wanting to make something big happen every time they receive the ball often resulting in them getting caught in possession.

I think Poch needs to point this out to the players and have them training more one and two touch football. If the player cannot dribble past an opponent, then he should be passing the simple pass quickly and moving into space. That's all there is to it really.

I think Poch needs to point this out to the players and have them training more one and two touch football. If the player cannot dribble past an opponent, then he should be passing the simple pass quickly and moving into space. That's all there is to it really.

Something Carroll is very good at but we do not see enough of him ( imo).

The vast majority of pundits have no understanding of football or the rules despite playing it professionally for 20 years or even coaching.

"There was contact so it's a foul"
"That offside was almost level, give him the benefit"
"It hit his hand so it's handball"

Naffing idiots.

I must say that I am starting to have doubts about Poch, unless we sign at least 2 or 3 players before Wednesday evening. Our squad looks very thin, and some quality HAS to come in. Some of the things happening behind the scenes seem very weird.

You my friend are not on your own. And yet again we are leaving it until the last daym whereas some teams have done the bulk of their business and got off to good starts

And so it begins :(
It's ominous but unfortunately typical of the way fans change their views

And in response to the previous post.

If you look at all the results this season can anyone say there actualy suprosed ??

United having something £200m look marginally better but scraped over the line vs the mighty Hull

City look good but win their first 5 last season didn't they

Chelsea look better - no surprises there

The reality is though none of them have actually played any decent sides and it's the real tests that come after the internationals.

We have played a revitalised Everton, beat palace as you would expect and drew with Liverpool despite not playing well by our standards

I'd say that we're doing fine just not playing at a level we know we can...

It's ominous but unfortunately typical of the way fans change their views

And in response to the previous post.

If you look at all the results this season can anyone say there actualy suprosed ??

United having something £200m look marginally better but scraped over the line vs the mighty Hull

City look good but win their first 5 last season didn't they

Chelsea look better - no surprises there

The reality is though none of them have actually played any decent sides and it's the real tests that come after the internationals.

We have played a revitalised Everton, beat palace as you would expect and drew with Liverpool despite not playing well by our standards

I'd say that we're doing fine just not playing at a level we know we can...
It's nothing to do with the results so far. They are not bad, and our 1st 11 is fine, but take a look at what we've had on the bench in those games! We have 4 competitions to play, and our bench has this far consisted of youngsters with virtually no experience of senior play. We are shipping out a lot of very good players, and not replacing them yet. Staff are leaving like rats on a sinking ship, with our under 18 head coach the latest to leave. Lot's of weird things going on. It feels like there is some kind of unrest within the club.

It is a funny end to the window with quite a few leaving and not many rumours of replacements coming in - our lack of decent cover options last season was a bit of a problem and as it stands it looks like we may go in to this season with a similar problem - strange

I'm not worried about any behind the scenes guys leaving for more money, that's life and fair play to them

I agree our squad looks thin but I don't believe for one second that Poch would want to come for the back of his best season as a manager without a plan for the next. I'm not gonna pretend to know what's going on but he is building what he sees and wants and we have to trust in him.

It actually feels to me like Poch is taking more and more accountability for the football side of the club in a way Wenger has at Arsenal

I don't think the squad looks very thin. Ok we don't have direct replacements for dembelle or eriksen but by selling fringe players we are hopefully gathering money to buy upgrades or competition for those places.
to progress we need better players than chadli and mason. IMV we are only two maybe three players away from being very strong.
A very fast forward, cover/competition for eriksen and a plan b for dembelle. Dembelle is the difficult one, I just don't know of anyone with his skill set.

I don't think the squad looks very thin. Ok we don't have direct replacements for dembelle or eriksen but by selling fringe players we are hopefully gathering money to buy upgrades or competition for those places.
to progress we need better players than chadli and mason. IMV we are only two maybe three players away from being very strong.
A very fast forward, cover/competition for eriksen and a plan b for dembelle. Dembelle is the difficult one, I just don't know of anyone with his skill set.

That's it... If we sell quite a few players who aren't good enough and back fill with youth and new additions it's great

I also think that we shouldn't panic buy

Poch knows what he wants and he knows what we have in the squad and youth

As I said earlier I can't believe he would cut off his nose to spite his face by selling players that he doesn't feel he has adequate cover for

That's it... If we sell quite a few players who aren't good enough and back fill with youth and new additions it's great

I also think that we shouldn't panic buy

Poch knows what he wants and he knows what we have in the squad and youth

As I said earlier I can't believe he would cut off his nose to spite his face by selling players that he doesn't feel he has adequate cover for

Mason and Chadli are not confirmed, probably won't be signed off until we sign replacements. Just as important as new player or keeping decent (but a little stale) old players, is letter Poch get into them in training. If I could wave a magic wand, I'd give Poch a 2 weeks to get the team fitness and shape and tempo of play up to standard. Now with the international break, it will put him back, and he'll have to do it in days rather than weeks.

Something Carroll is very good at but we do not see enough of him ( imo).

I also like Carroll, but I did think he'd be one of the first to be moved on this summer. I think Poch now has the younger Winks ahead of him who is similar in play but perhaps more combative.

None of us have seen anywhere near enough of Winks, Onomah, 2CV at premiership level to know if the squad is worse with them on the bench rather than Chadli, Son etc.

'Younger' does not automatically mean 'worse'.

If we don't sign anyone else and let Chadli and Son go it will be because Poch thinks we have enough in these younger players to compete. I think he's earned the right for us to at least see where that takes us before jumping all over it.

I also like Carroll, but I did think he'd be one of the first to be moved on this summer. I think Poch now has the younger Winks ahead of him who is similar in play but perhaps more combative.

Maybe, to be honest i have not seen enough of Winks to make a call on that, but i do like Carroll ( i have said it before but he reminds me of Modric) he is always on the move and can take a pass and give one and then move again.

For me we have no other player who really gives us that, as you say Winks may do the job but as i say i have not seen enough of him to say.

Back