• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool ***

awesome dawson

Mitchell Thomas
Kick off: 12.30pm GMT
Venue: White Hart Lane
  • Vorm
  • Walker
  • Alderweireld
  • Vertonghen
  • Rose
  • Dier
  • Wanyama
  • Lamela
  • Dele
  • Eriksen
  • Kane
Massive game against a top 6/7 rival. They'll be looking to bounce back after the loss against Burnley. We need to pick up three points at home in these games. After resting him against Palace, I'd be inclined to bring Dele Alli back into the fold. Battle of the presses. Fancy us to win but these Liverpool games have dealt us some hard cards over the years.

2-0 Spurs (Kane & Lamela)

Attachments

• Tottenham-Hotspur-v.-Liverpool.jpg
    Tottenham-Hotspur-v.-Liverpool.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 26
-----------------------Vorm
Walker----Alder---------------Verts-------Rose
-------------Dier------------Wanyama
----Lamela-------Alli--------Janssen
----------------------Kane

Subs: McGee, Davies, 2CV/Wimmer, Winks, Mason, Eriksen, Son

Nervous about this one. They usually show up against top teams and then go on to lose to teams like Burnley.

I expect them to play one of the best games they will play all season.

1-1.

Dangerous as they are incredibly dangerous when pressing, and the likes of Dier and Wanyama cannot be caught in possession. Dembele done so well at times in keeping the ball despite intense pressing, but I even remember him losing it in a couple of dangerous positions in last seasons games. They are obviously there to be got at and I expect Kane, Janssen and Alli to cause them a lot of problems. I'm wondering whether he'd consider rotating out Eriksen for this one. Eriksen is pivotal to us, but he would admittedly be the first to admit he's probably not been on it yet (only 2 games in mind). However his work ethic has been as impressive as ever. I think Janssen could be a real handful but I expect he'd sit this one out.

------------------------Vorm----------------------
Walker-----Alderweireld---Vertonghen---Rose
--------------Dier--------Wanyama----------------
------Lamela------Alli----------Eriksen-----------
----------------------Kane---------------------------

And as obvious as it sounds if we're chasing the game, can bring on Janssen and even possibly Son to trouble their porous defence. We owe them one. Lets get back to beating them again, especially at the Lane.

Their defence is poor, you could argue worse than that of Palace, we WILL cause them problems.

If Sturridge continues to not pass to team-mates, Mane still injured, keep Coutinho quiet, we can take all 3.

Any support for Winks over Wanyama? If moving the ball quickly and accurately from the double pivot is going to be so crucial

I'd be tempted to play Carroll for this one - his passing under pressure could be vital to combat their press. Haven't seen enough of Winks to say how he fares in similar circumstances but would consider him too if that's a strong part of his game

Or maybe even Eriksen in the two with Son Kane and Lamela behind Janssen

I'd be tempted to play Carroll for this one - his passing under pressure could be vital to combat their press. Haven't seen enough of Winks to say how he fares in similar circumstances but would consider him too if that's a strong part of his game

I understand your logic, but i fear against a pressing team, Eriksen would be vulnerable and i'd rather he lose the ball nearer the opposition goal than ours tbh..

Any support for Winks over Wanyama? If moving the ball quickly and accurately from the double pivot is going to be so crucial

Yeah good idea - let's drop our man of the match from the previous game and throw a young player in at the deep end in a massive game against a rival who's game plan is about high pressing and denying our midfielders time on the ball.

That's exactly how you break a promising youngster's confidence and get the fans and media saying he's not ready or even not good enough for the first team, and that we need to loan him out or sell him to Bournemouth.

This forum never ceases to amaze me sometimes...

I understand your logic, but i fear against a pressing team, Eriksen would be vulnerable and i'd rather he lose the ball nearer the opposition goal than ours tbh..

Maybe - I'm just looking for options alternative to Dier Wanyama as I'm not confident in their ability to handle an aggressive press - need someone in there with quick intelligent passing

Yeah good idea - let's drop our man of the match from the previous game and throw a young player in at the deep end in a massive game against a rival who's game plan is about high pressing and denying our midfielders time on the ball.

That's exactly how you break a promising youngster's confidence and get the fans and media saying he's not ready or even not good enough for the first team, and that we need to loan him out or sell him to Bournemouth.

You've got to take in to consideration our opponents style of play and how we'd counter it though - would you be confident in a Wanyama/Dier partnership being able to pass their way out of trouble if being relentlessly pressed? I think CM is the key position tactically going in to the game and having someone with a good short quick passing game in there is vital

Any team news?

I still haven't forgot Liverpool humiliating us 0-5 in 2013 then 0-4 and 0-3 in 2014 so I never look forward to our fixtures with them.

I'm going for 2-2.

fugitive-badger.jpg

I shall be hiding behind the sofa like this little fella.

Winks is like Carroll, but good. Basically aggressive and assertive, along with being a tidy passer.

Poch gave Mason his first start in a NLD and he thrived. If they are good enough...

Back