• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool ***

I thought Luverpoo just packed the midfield and played mid/ling ball footy which is why countinho had little influence

I really think there gonna be all over the place again This season and will struggle against teams that sit deep and play lines of 4

Out issue was as a the home side and the better side we expect to play the football and were missing the glue that puts it all together in Dembele

I agree that we looked better when Alli dropped into that role

I thought Wanyama had a great game again and he is showing his value all the time

We really need the attacking players to find their rhythm quickly as they look disjointed and off the pace

I thought Wanyama highlighted his weaknesses yesterday. He often looked poor under the intense pressure Liverpool put on him, with several miscontrols and misplaced passes.

Don't get me wrong, I think he is a great signing, but in this sort of game we really needed Dembele. Hopefully in time Winks or Onomah can take the mantle of his understudy, because it pains me to see such a devastating attacking threat as Alli back there.

Wanyama will be a big player for us this season, but in games against strong pressing outfits, we have to start with Dier + another IMO (although we should test the trio Wanyama, Dier and Dembele to close games out).

I thought Wanyama highlighted his weaknesses yesterday. He often looked poor under the intense pressure Liverpool put on him, with several miscontrols and misplaced passes.

Don't get me wrong, I think he is a great signing, but in this sort of game we really needed Dembele. Hopefully in time Winks or Onomah can take the mantle of his understudy, because it pains me to see such a devastating attacking threat as Alli back there.

Wanyama will be a big player for us this season, but in games against strong pressing outfits, we have to start with Dier + another IMO (although we should test the trio Wanyama, Dier and Dembele to close games out).

Wanyama made some great passes yesterday, better than anyone else with some cracking clever slide rule passing

He has stepped up for me to the level we were at last season. Unfortunately not everyone else has yet!!!

Disappointing performance but we dug in.

It has been a very slow start but it's what I expected looking at our lack of pre-season preparation and it shows in our performances.

Although same can be said for all the rest, didn't think Liverpool were that much better just looked quicker and sharper than us. When our passing isn't on point our lack of pace is there for all to see but Poch knows that.

Next month is when we need to make our move with the fixtures we have and who the rest play. Manc Derby, Liverpool v Leicester, Chelsea v Liverpool, United v Leicester and Arsenal v Chelsea.

It would be great if we'd come out firing in all areas from day 1 but we'll get better. It's going to be extremely competitive.

Did anyone see the car on fire on the North Circular roundabout on way home?

Wanyama made some great passes yesterday, better than anyone else with some cracking clever slide rule passing

He has stepped up for me to the level we were at last season. Unfortunately not everyone else has yet!!!
I totally agree. In fact I think he has already shown enough to disprove a lot of the criticisms made when we signed him that were aimed at his technical ability.

Nonetheless, focusing on the moments that we looked weakest in possession yesterday, he was still our weak link, looking a significant drop off from his team-mates and especially the absent Dembele (although none of our players retained the ball brilliantly).

This will improve with time, but now more than ever (having signed Janssen) Dembele is the one player we cannot afford to lose for long periods of the season given that all of his replacements come with their distinct limitations.

I thought we were second to Liverpool in most aspects of the game and a draw was a good result. I was disappointed with the refereeing, in the first half he allowed their centrebacks to go right through our players and then books Loveren for kicking the ball away after an other clattering in the second half, how Mane stayed on amazed me not just the late tackles but the obessesive diving. I heard all the media bang on about Vertoghen holding a player, yet hardly any mention of Matip holding Janssen apart from the helpful Martin (I love Woolwich) Tyler with his "he can stand his ground crap". Tyler just can't stop making comments when things don't go the way he wants. After Liverpool beat his Woolwich he said "They've (Liverpool) won the last 4 opening games of the season but have not managed to win the Premiership" and yesterday his first response to Rose scoring was something like "the disallowed goal could a major incident in the game". But were still unbeaten while not yet getting our game together and no my mind says were showing fighting spirit and determination.

Ehhh. You are wrong. The best way of dealing with a high press, is to play the ball past the pressing players. We have 2 strong guys playing up front. Play it up to them to lay it off is extremely effective as you get rid of 6 Liverpool players with 1 low risk pass.

Sent with Miele C1 Vacuum cleaner
No way mate. Your basically espousing a long ball game which will never sit well with spurs faithful. Punting it up field should be the fall back not the default.

When needed is the key. We lost the ball several times when we tried to play our way out of the press, and it lead to dangerous situations more than once. The long ball eliminates that risk, and is effective when deployed. No one said we should do it always, and we didn't.

Sent with Miele C1 Vacuum cleaner

you don't have to resort to long ball to counter act the press but you do need intelligent passers in the middle who can play comfortably under pressure - that's why i was advocating starting Carroll.

you don't have to resort to long ball to counter act the press but you do need intelligent passers in the middle who can play comfortably under pressure - that's why i was advocating starting Carroll.

Have to agree with this, we are lacking in someone who can pass and move and at the moment Carroll is the only one who seems to be able to fill that gap.

My thoughts as well, from what i have seen so far both he and Janssen look to be very good signings and i think they will play a lot of games for us this season.

My thoughts as well, from what i have seen so far both he and Janssen look to be very good signings and i think they will play a lot of games for us this season.

Imagine if we can bring in two others of similar quality too

That would bring the squad level up significantly from last season and set us up so much stronger on all fronts

They were pressing with 7 players not one or two

They had no real forwards on and only press at the half way line

It's an interesting set up but not something I'd want to see in our side

Imagine if we can bring in two others of similar quality too

That would bring the squad level up significantly from last season and set us up so much stronger on all fronts

As i said earlier Pooch must have plans to do this ( i hope anyway) i can not believe he will go into the season with no bench to speak of. If he does i see some problems as the season progresses.

As i said earlier Pooch must have plans to do this ( i hope anyway) i can not believe he will go into the season with no bench to speak of. If he does i see some problems as the season progresses.

Well.... We're leaving it late

We're entering a period potentially thank mentioned a lot last season after we had it so good. There was always gonna be a testing time at some point (and it feels like being sooner rather than later). What we as fans do now go back Poch is vital to how long he is here and how we develop fully with his ideas and systems

I'm at a loss for words.

So they know the laws but want to ignore them?

It's incredible.
They spliced together 2 different camera angles which apparently showed that, although the offence occurred before the corner was taken, the referee didn't actually blow his whistle until the ball had been kicked and that somehow justified it being a penalty o_O

Well.... We're leaving it late

We're entering a period potentially thank mentioned a lot last season after we had it so good. There was always gonna be a testing time at some point (and it feels like being sooner rather than later). What we as fans do now go back Poch is vital to how long he is here and how we develop fully with his ideas and systems

I do agree and Pooch has my 100% support and i hope all fans would do so. He is a planner and the improvement he has had in his time here is exceptional, he must know what he is doing with allowing the likes of Bentaleb, Mason, Yedlin, Pritchard and by the looks of it Chadli to leave.

I would be amazed if he thought he could do that and be happy to go through the whole season with the type of bench he has named in the last three games. I guess we will find out over the next few days ( while the window is still open). What we as fans must/should accept is that the likes of Chelski, Utd, City have spent shedloads on new players and managers and its going to be difficult for us to compete with that, i do think there MAY BE a drop off in our Lge position this season because of the big clubs spending and also the fact that we have the EC to contend with.

I would be happy/overjoyed to see us actually win something this season as i think that will show forward motion for us as a team and a club, i hope fans do not get ahead of themselves and think that because we finished 3rd last season we should/have to finish higher this year. Its not going to be easy to do that and we have to look at the bigger picture, new stadium, stronger/older team and IF we can actually win something then ( imo) that will show progress.

I do agree and Pooch has my 100% support and i hope all fans would do so. He is a planner and the improvement he has had in his time here is exceptional, he must know what he is doing with allowing the likes of Bentaleb, Mason, Yedlin, Pritchard and by the looks of it Chadli to leave.

I would be amazed if he thought he could do that and be happy to go through the whole season with the type of bench he has named in the last three games. I guess we will find out over the next few days ( while the window is still open). What we as fans must/should accept is that the likes of Chelski, Utd, City have spent shedloads on new players and managers and its going to be difficult for us to compete with that, i do think there MAY BE a drop off in our Lge position this season because of the big clubs spending and also the fact that we have the EC to contend with.

I would be happy/overjoyed to see us actually win something this season as i think that will show forward motion for us as a team and a club, i hope fans do not get ahead of themselves and think that because we finished 3rd last season we should/have to finish higher this year. Its not going to be easy to do that and we have to look at the bigger picture, new stadium, stronger/older team and IF we can actually win something then ( imo) that will show progress.

I'm 100% behind Poch even if I'd don't agree or understand why....

I'm 100% behind Poch even if I'd don't agree or understand why....

This for me as well, i have said many times that one of the reasons we fell so far behind during the 90's and later is the fact we changed manager so /too many times and we need stability otherwise we could lose all the progress we have made over the last few seasons.

One of the reasons to get behind Poch is he can be ruthless. Standing still is going backwards, to upgrade we have to let some players go.

Bentaleb is a fine player but he flatters to deceive imo - plays well for a bit, gets you excited but doesn't ultimately deliver. 17m fine. Mason, Chadli and Pritchard had become peripheral players. If we can sign an Isco or alternative using the cash saved, we're better for it.

Poch is learning and developing himself. He has the capacity to - unlike others.

Poch talks about the relationship with the fans - boosting the team. We need to sing his name and boost him, just as we do the players.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back