• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool ***

If we win (whisper it) we go top of the table ......for a few hours at least.

Everytime we had that opportunity last season we blew it. We need to not blow it this season. Three points would be lovely!!

Sh#t, forgot about that little fact...thats that then.

Still think last season the day we had the chance to go top by beating Arsenal was a killing blow. Still think had we held on if would have heaped massive pressure on Leicester before they went to Watford that night. IIRC instead of finishing the day top on GD we ended up 5pts behind, a gap that we never seemed to close for the remainder of the season.
Oh how different it could have been

Back to tomorrow, naturally would love the 3pts..bearing in mind I work in Liverpool and they are already banging on about how they are coming back with the 3pts.
Apparantly Sky are showing a match tomorrow between a World famous football team* and Tottenham (their words, not mine).

COYS help me out do it for us tomorrow

edit:
*Apparantly the have won the CL 5 times as well, not sure if it has been mentioned

Last edited:
@JPBB please, PLEASE stay clear of this thread!* You are scaring me with your jinxing!!!

*at least until AFTER the match...;)

Haha I am pleased you appreciate the influence I have over the football Gods.

The reality is this. We are a better side than them. We have better players. We have a better system. They finished 8th. We finished 3rd. They think because they have Klopp and a famous history that those worse players will beat our better players and their system will beat our system. As I have said many times on here I really don't think Klopp is that good

Of course, they might win. Although it is much more likely we will win.

And, whatever the result, we are the better team and a better club.

No point worrying about this one til we hear the results of @Daisuk 's Friday night lucky badger watch* - 1 sighting, 3 points.

* - Not a euphemism.

I've seen a fox in the garden two days in a row now. Never seen one here before. Maybe it's a sign. fudging Leicester winning it again. Will try hard to spot the badger tonight. The plum tree is all ripe and ready, so there's a big chance, I reckon! Haha.

Anyways - RAWK seem to worry over their injury situation. Hopefully Coutinho sits this one out. Mane doubtful as well?

I've seen a fox in the garden two days in a row now. Never seen one here before. Maybe it's a sign. fudgeing Leicester winning it again. Will try hard to spot the badger tonight. The plum tree is all ripe and ready, so there's a big chance, I reckon! Haha.

Anyways - RAWK seem to worry over their injury situation. Hopefully Coutinho sits this one out. Mane doubtful as well?

No Coutinho or Mane would weaken them quite a lot. Fingers crossed.

Coutinho is a doubt with a hamstring injury.

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-08-26%2Bat%2B5.20.48%2BAM.png
=Nailed on to start

I've seen a fox in the garden two days in a row now. Never seen one here before. Maybe it's a sign. fudgeing Leicester winning it again. Will try hard to spot the badger tonight. The plum tree is all ripe and ready, so there's a big chance, I reckon! Haha.

The fox clearly signifies fox in the box, 2 sightings = 2 goals, so looking like a good day for Harry or Vince.

Tonight's badger action will just be to hammer it home.

No if you speak to pool fans they have much better players and ours are crap. And what does recent league position mean when they have won 5 European cups. Their a massive team and if they do not win it's a travesty

No if you speak to pool fans they have much better players and ours are crap. And what does recent league position mean when they have won 5 European cups. Their a massive team and if they do not win it's a travesty

... and further evidence of the Fergie conspiracy

Haha I am pleased you appreciate the influence I have over the football Gods.

The reality is this. We are a better side than them. We have better players. We have a better system. They finished 8th. We finished 3rd. They think because they have Klopp and a famous history that those worse players will beat our better players and their system will beat our system. As I have said many times on here I really don't think Klopp is that good

Of course, they might win. Although it is much more likely we will win.

And, whatever the result, we are the better team and a better club.

giphy.gif

Bloody nora u lot! Hitler, Badgers, moustaches, Sherlock feckin Holmes shouting at me, and more doubting of Wanyama in the double pivot! GET A GRIP YOU PUSSIES! we will win by an odd Lamela goal, he will nutmeg the keeper causing poch to jizz himself and he will later pronounce it caused him no emotion. We will win this because we are Tottenham and nobody is worth a damn....We will slay all before us this season like Conan the Barbarian on acid...Peace mofo's COYS

Will be a tough game but we've a decent record there in recent times! Hopefully they dont have a shot on target though.

The players started very slowly against arsenal/burnley/burton. Could be costly against Tottenham's duracell bunnies

We have scored goals for fun so far.. 9 in 2 games effectively..
I genuinely think Burnley was a freak result, rather than Arsenal or Burton..

Oh how I miss the 7-0 win with Ossie and Ricky Villa starting for the Hotspurs and Glen the Hood playing in midfield.

The Argentina due were well known after the 1978 cup and Ossie became a legend as a Tottenham icon in his own right.

For a while I also enjoyed the whole Tottenham have not won at Anfield since the Titanic sunk line.

I also remember Cara saying on TV the day Brendan was sacked

"Liverpool are becoming Tottenham, think they're a big club but the real big clubs are not too worried about them - who they buy, what they're going to do - that's the situation as it's become for Liverpool, even when I was there at the end."

Now, apart from one wondrous season ignited by the only other player in Liverpool FC history I would say could be a "Kenny" - we have not finished above Tottenham for about seven years. Yes. SEVEN YEARS.

And this game is AWAY.

It's time. We need to go to Spurs and send them back to the Titanic days. We need to show them our club and our players and our manager are better. We need to win the game and not go there not to lose.

We need to beat them so that the "Big Clubs" start looking over their shoulders and feel our icy, robotic, merciless breathe on their neck.

Let's play the 4231 but with a striker in the centre. Let's play Moreno at Left Back due to his speed. Let's have Phil and Bob and Mane fight for their right to play LFC football and come back with a win.

I think we will do well. These games arent a problem for us usually! Need to beat the other likely bottom half teams to do super well!

Certainly not a must-win, but as always, would be quite nice to walk away with at least a point. #analysis

These never beat us.

Apart from the times they do.

But again not this time, we'll smash em.

I'm not dreading this. We'll either beat these or wrestle a draw off them, that's not the problem.
This is just a "nice" detour.

We need to beat the likes of Hull, Stoke, Palace, Burnley, Watford, West Ham etc. Personally, I can't wait for those games to come around.

Mané will give them nightmares and Studge will get a couple.

In all honesty I'd be tempted to start Stewart just to add some bite in the midfield. Personally, I am still disappointed that yet again we have started another season with the centre of the park not being drastically improved.

Expect us to win this with Sturridge on the mark.

0 - 5 would put us top for a couple of hours
cool.gif

Anybody see "Thommo's Combined Spurs-Liverpool XI? It starts with Lloris in goal, just so you know he is following things very closely. Then the Spurs back 4, except Clyne ("better defensively") instead of Walker, with Dier as the holding midfielder in front of them. Then a attacking midfield 4 of Coutinho, Llalana, Mane & Firminho with Kane up top.

No badger spotted. 5-0 defeat, Poch sacked, Kane, alli and lamela transfer request. Levy to sell back to sugar.

Not sure what to expect today. Think a draw is quite likely.

It was great to get our first league win of the season against Palace last week. We need to use that win to boost our confidence for this season. But it won't be easy as we have a very poor record against Liverpool in recent years. We have drawn 2 and lost 5 of our last 7 matches against them. In fact, we have lost 2 and drawn 1 of our last home matches against them. But we did draw home and away against them last season. Hopefully we will go one better by beating them in this match.

I think Kane has to be our key man in this match. We still seems to struggle when he doesn't score. Janssen might need more time to settle down and start scoring some goals for us. Before that, we have to hope Kane will rediscover his goal scoring boot starting with this match. Unfortunately, he has been a slow starter for us every season. Somehow we need to get him scoring again in this match. Until last week, Lamela had 3 goals and 4 assists in all his previous 7 matches for us. Too bad he didn't continue that record against Palace. Hopefully Lamela will be fired up against Liverpool and help us score a goal against them.

I think this match will be won or lost in midfield. Liverpool have a good midfield which can trouble us if we are not careful. Our midfield have not been very convincing in the 2 matches so far. It is clear we badly miss Dembele in midfield. I think Dier and Wanyama need to work extra hard to keep out Liverpool. It will help us greatly if players like Eriksen and Alli find back their best form in this match.

Somehow can see our defence being extra busy in this match. Wish Lloris is back for this match. Vorm has done well since replacing Lloris. But he cannot afford to get complacent against Liverpool. Similiarly, want Vertonghen and Alderweireld to be alert all the times to stop the Liverpool attacks, especially the long range shots. We need to avoid giving away free kicks near our oal as they have players who can score from free kicks.

It is going to be a tough match. But hope we will turn up with a good mentality and get the erection inducing win !

Back