• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool***

We should have won 2-1
They got an incredibly soft goal and diers mistake was unforced and very poor
We were denied a stonewall penalty and arguably another one for a kick on mouras head
They rarely threatened in reality and we’re spanking shots on sight
They reminded me of Poch team when he left … tired and laboured going through the motions.

We could easily have won, they were there for the taking especially 2nd half.
Another error leads to a goal, seems there's one of those almost every game at the moment.
Don't think either penalty claims were 'stonewall'. Certain angle looked like Sessegnon was pushed firmly, the other 2 angles including the refs view showed he went down very easily. Could have been given on another day and for another team. The Moura challenge, Thiago (sp.) just pulled his foot back in time, had he followed through with the kick it would have definitely been given.
2 home games where mistakes have cost us, 6 points could've been had and we ended up with nowt. Must beat Leeds this Saturday!

We could easily have won, they were there for the taking especially 2nd half.
Another error leads to a goal, seems there's one of those almost every game at the moment.
Don't think either penalty claims were 'stonewall'. Certain angle looked like Sessegnon was pushed firmly, the other 2 angles including the refs view showed he went down very easily. Could have been given on another day and for another team. The Moura challenge, Thiago (sp.) just pulled his foot back in time, had he followed through with the kick it would have definitely been given.
2 home games where mistakes have cost us, 6 points could've been had and we ended up with nowt. Must beat Leeds this Saturday!
It was a clear pen
No angles showed he didn’t push him
Two of the 3 angels showed him actually shove a player running full pelt
It was as clear as it could get

It was a clear pen
No angles showed he didn’t push him
Two of the 3 angels showed him actually shove a player running full pelt
It was as clear as it could get

I know what you're saying but still think 8 or 9 times out of 10 that doesn't get given. AA shouldn't risk putting his hand on Sess's back as it could have been penalised, it looked from the refs angle that he fell to the ground at what looked like a nudge that most defenders do to attackers running towards the goal line at pace.

I know what you're saying but still think 8 or 9 times out of 10 that doesn't get given. AA shouldn't risk putting his hand on Sess's back as it could have been penalised, it looked from the refs angle that he fell to the ground at what looked like a nudge that most defenders do to attackers running towards the goal line at pace.
Refs angle it looked soft
All the other angles it was clear
Same ref as the one who gave the red and pen in the city game
This was more blatant and Var didn’t do it’s job

They had 3 or 4 opportunities. Whether they got the shot off doesn't matter, they had the potential moments.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
But it does matter whether they get the shot off. The way Conte sets up the team allows the opponent to pass the ball around, but not get off a decent shot. Which is why our xG against is so good (or was, at least).

Another thing is I was all for VAR but I think I am not alone raging about the inconsistent decisions week in week out. I would not like to be a ref and expect the odd bad or wrong decision but with VAR available it beggars belief. Probably every fan of every club could echo this.
Bloody lines drawn across the pitch on a frozen still picture to see Harrys elbow or whatever is in front of the defender to disallow a goal. And it takes them 3 or 4 minutes to view it from every angle to come to the conclusion. What happened to clear and obvious mistake?
Offside doesn't follow the "clear and obvious mistake" rule. The linos are actually instructed to keep the flag down when it's tight and wait for VAR to verify. But I do agree with your point: it's one thing if the ref at game speed makes a mistake. But when the passage of play is replayed and nitpicked you expect a correct decision. At the same time, we also need to qualify "correct decision," because a lot of fans just don't know the rules (Kane offside vs Sporting is one example). The TAA push on Sess, however, was clearly a case of an incorrect decision.

It is baffling.
TBH, he is the player who annoyed me yesterday. He got great service first-half, yet did so so little with it. There was one moment early on where he played a poor, lazy square ball across the box behind everyone. His crosses were, well...and he was physically bullied by TAA. Perisic had to get over there around the 30th min and show the way with regards to harrassing and physically challenging him!

It is baffling.
TBH, he is the player who annoyed me yesterday. He got great service first-half, yet did so so little with it. There was one moment early on where he played a poor, lazy square ball across the box behind everyone. His crosses were, well...and he was physically bullied by TAA. Perisic had to get over there around the 30th min and show the way with regards to harrassing and physically challenging him!
Yet his first time pass was to Perisic which he hit the bar from
He can play
He just needs to grow a pair

It is baffling.

Had to laugh on the kick off, TAA and Perisic embarked on a collision course. Perisic didn’t move an inch and put TAA on his arse.

In the stadium, I was certain it was a push. Saw it on Twitter afterwards, I knew I was proven right. Then listened to commentary and Neville, if I caught it right, said "TAA hasn't done enough there to warrant a penalty". I was shocked. Now here's the bit I do not understand.

If a player feels even the slightest touch on his foot or ankle, you hear "well there was contact so that's a pen" or "he's entitled to go down if he feels a touch".

It is beyond any doubt that there was contact from TAA yesterday and he was absolutely nowhere near the ball. It also wasn't a shoulder, he's shoved Sess in the back. How is that any different and why then is there a question mark over whether or not it was a pen? I heard someone say that Sess went down easy...he's travelling at pace and got shoved in the back. I'm absolutely gobsmacked it wasn't a pen - that happens outside the box and it's a free kick without any question or debate.

100% a penalty. Just over 10 mins later, an almost identical incident happened with Alexander-Arnold pushing Sessegnon in the back. This time it was outside the box, so the ref decided to give it.

The pen:

The free kick:

Last edited:
possible that the ref angle influenced what he saw.
then again var should have picked it up.

when does a nudge becomes a push/barge?
some clear guidelines have to be there. e.g. shoulder to shoulder. but hand into back?

Back