• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool***

nunez, mourinho and now conte - all defence-first managers failing to live up to their reputation.
I think we should calm down a bit! Conte failing to live up to expectations?!

- We’re in the champions League because of him.
- Currently forth in the league,
- Qualified for the last 16 of the CL

have we forgotten what a mess we were in before he arrived? He’s only been here 1 year and 3/6th of his strike force has been injured most of this season (thats including Gill, 3/5th if you exclude him), take that number of players out of any Prem squad in one position and they’d look disjointed at times.

ofcourse there’s a few things I disagree with and selections i would have done differently, but guys, come on!

have we forgotten what a mess we were in before he arrived? He’s only been here 1 year and 3/6th of his strike force has been injured most of this season (thats including Gill, 3/5th if you exclude him), take that number of players out of any Prem squad in one position and they’d look disjointed at times.

ofcourse there’s a few things I disagree with and selections i would have done differently, but guys, come on!
Great points here mate. I think we should be on track to have a strong second half of the season (injuries permitting of course). Kulu back, Richy back, Romero back, Bissouma starting to integrate, Lenglet starting to get used to the PL, Perisic starting to get used to the PL, Bentancur getting better and better. Maybe Son will even find some form again?

I think we still need to have a good January window if we want to try to be in the top 4 mix come the end of the season. A centre back and bona-fide wide attacking player are a must I think. If we could secure a top class RWB as well that would be great but there are very few of those around and I'm not sure I see any of them moving (Pedro Porro from Sporting Lisbon might perhaps be temptable?). I wonder whether somebody like Zaha might appeal to Conte? I think he is going into the last 6 months on his deal at Palace and probably suits Conte's shape and tactics as a wide attacker. The fact that he is an association trained player and comes in completely ready for the PL should also appeal.

I think we would all like to see a more aggressive style of play but our manager has a plan which is to get stronger as game goes on, it's not good to watch at times and very stressful. I wonder if the players have trouble coming to terms with it mentally, they have probably all played in a totally different style and like us get nervous.
I've always believed our club has and always should try to play in an attacking way and our transfer policy has seemed to reflect in the past with a priority been on attacking players.
My time is running out, I've been going for 65 years next March and I would love to see us win a trophy and if it means boring the pants off everyone i will gladly throw my principles out of the window and suck it up.

í mean with the defence specifically.

Great points here mate. I think we should be on track to have a strong second half of the season (injuries permitting of course). Kulu back, Richy back, Romero back, Bissouma starting to integrate, Lenglet starting to get used to the PL, Perisic starting to get used to the PL, Bentancur getting better and better. Maybe Son will even find some form again?

I think we still need to have a good January window if we want to try to be in the top 4 mix come the end of the season. A centre back and bona-fide wide attacking player are a must I think. If we could secure a top class RWB as well that would be great but there are very few of those around and I'm not sure I see any of them moving (Pedro Porro from Sporting Lisbon might perhaps be temptable?). I wonder whether somebody like Zaha might appeal to Conte? I think he is going into the last 6 months on his deal at Palace and probably suits Conte's shape and tactics as a wide attacker. The fact that he is an association trained player and comes in completely ready for the PL should also appeal.

I agree with most of that apart from Zaha.

He's a good player, not really a bad profile either. But seems to be most natural on the left, we already have the problem that only Kulusevski is a natural on the right with both Son and Richarlison being more natural on the left.

Not sure it fixes the problems we need to fix.

I'd say don't feed the idiots, but in this day and age you need to hold tight in case they're special needs.

I think Zaha would be excellent at this moment in time.
Levy needs to go big in Jan or he will lose Conte, as it is obvious Conte still only trusts a few players.

I agree with most of that apart from Zaha.

He's a good player, not really a bad profile either. But seems to be most natural on the left, we already have the problem that only Kulusevski is a natural on the right with both Son and Richarlison being more natural on the left.

Not sure it fixes the problems we need to fix.

I think Zaha would allow for proper rotation, Richy through the middle. We'd be able to rest Sonny (or have cover for times like this). I actually think we need a couple more, so let's get a right-sided player who fits too, plus a CB.

We don't have good defenders. Their systems can only cover up so much.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
I woudl say that Conte's 3 CB requires defenders even better CBs who can exert a presence on the game with less one player in front of them.

Zaha doesn't work for me - i think 5 in to 3 works best with Richy covering LWF & CF and a new signing coming on to cover RWF (primarily, if others too great) Zaha coming in to add additional cover to LWF doesn't really make sense to me and would just be another ageing player on big wages to worry about shifting in a year or twos time.

I do rate him though, maybe if Son is actually finished it'd make sense with him coming in as Richarlsons cover

Levy needs to go big in Jan or he will lose Conte, as it is obvious Conte still only trusts a few players.

This is where we are now, it's most def a crossroads to some extent. Conte doesn't trust all the squad, even those that came in his time, he won't stick around unless there are improvements made to the first 11, Levy has to go big and invest in that area or like you say, we will lose Conte

This is where we are now, it's most def a crossroads to some extent. Conte doesn't trust all the squad, even those that came in his time, he won't stick around unless there are improvements made to the first 11, Levy has to go big and invest in that area or like you say, we will lose Conte

Whilst i think Conte would do a good enough job if given what he wants he hasn't exactly enamoured himself to me over this past year to the point I'd be disappointed if he left tbh - we do need to strengthen the first XI regardless of manager though so if that's his reason for walking then that is what would be concerning

Can't see palace letting go of zaha mid season even if it means he goes free in the summer. Way too important for them.

Back