• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Leicester City (FA Cup)***

Happy with that team, though I would like to have seen Dier have a break - he seems to have played every game he's been available for this season. He's a big unit as well so you would have though a break would benefit him - I'd have gone with Bentaleb

Not surprised Dier and Alderweireld are playing. In Poch's eyes we have no placements for either in the squad. No other defensive midfielders and Fazio not considered a viable option as right sided centre half.
Dier has started every game this season bar when he picked up the 5 yellow card suspension.
Alderweireld has started all except that League cup game.

Interesting to see what Eriksen will do back playing as number 10. Thats where most of his goals came from isnt it?
Great to see Onomah start. And finally time for Chadli to step up and become the physical threat he should be.

CYXhvocWQAAXQEw.png

Who buys this crap?

Happy with that team, though I would like to have seen Dier have a break - he seems to have played every game he's been available for this season. He's a big unit as well so you would have though a break would benefit him - I'd have gone with Bentaleb

I am sure that it is an evidence based decision.

Sure is. BT Sport picked it. Was a bit surprised myself, but the away fixture seems to get selected quite a lot too. Not that I mind a 12.45pm start, straight to the ground from the hotel and back in Warrington a couple of hours earlier.
Best get your ticket on Stubhub see if you can get some cash back Mark

My pal has it for the next few games

Yes and Poch obviously knows the condition players are in better than us. However he is playing a lot of games and could have another 30 left this season

Maybe he recovers quicker than the other players. They wear heart monitors and GPS trackers in every training session. I assuming that isn't being done just for show and that the data is used to help make decisions like this.

Who buys this crap?
Even by the already low standards of "half and half" scarves, that's a particularly dodgy one. "Superspur v Leicester"... it's the kind of thing a cruel Chelsea-supporting mate would give you as a birthday present just to watch your head explode. It's a niche market, but it's literally the only one I can see for that scarf.

As for the line-up... I'm a little surprised to see Dier starting... would have thought Bentaleb could have deputised. Makes me wonder whether we'll be dipping into the market for a DM this month, if Pochettino genuinely sees Dier as irreplaceable. Or perhaps he just wasn't in need of a rest as much as some others, and the manager wanted to maintain some continuity at the back - hence Alderweireld and Dier. Only Pochettino knows.

Looking forward to seeing how Son does up front with Eriksen back at #10. In my head that seems like it could be a great partnership over time.

Leicester have also rotated heavily. A quick check on FoxesTalk and they're describing it as "a clear reserve side". Mind you, a lot of Leicester fans seem to rate their chances all the same. My gut feeling is that our bench is deeper than theirs, and our back-up players will outclass theirs. So I'm sticking with my 3-1 prediction. COYS.

Beat me to it.

Probably the same type of person that wears a half Sunderland/half Arsenal top...

To be fair to that guy, it's supposedly in honour of his Arsenal supporting mate that died. Still not right though.

I have one half and half scarf, from the UEFA cup final in 08 or something.

Back