• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Leicester City (FA Cup)***

I always smile when I recall that someone was asked to redefine the word Countryside, and offered 'assassinating Piers Morgan'.

It brought the house down. Possibly Stephen Fry, ISTR it was on HIGNFY, but might well have been ISIHAC
I first heard it on ISIHAC while driving home from work. I laughed so hard I almost drove into the back of a Jag!

Question: are runs in the box from midfield players something that is a player trait, or is it coach's instructions? Because if it is the latter (which I believe it is), then either Poch isn't asking it of his players, or some players are really blowing their instructions.

All day today I had "never a peno" "we were cheated" "lucky" etc etc. Got old fast. Regardless of how much I pointed out that they were literally just sitting back and hoping for mistakes. Extremely frustrating. Roll on Wednesday and a huge win.

Very disappointed with our team selection than result in this match. We could have easily won this match if we had played our best players at least in the second half. Instead, we are now forced to play a replay which will benefit no one. It is disappointing that we failed to use our home advantage properly and are now forced to play the replay away. Thought Pochettino would take the FA Cup seriously since we have not won it since 1991. Can understand why he rested players like Kane, Alli and Lamela. But don't understand why he didn't bring them early in the second half when we needed the goal badly. It seems like Pochettino is more interested in giving fringe and youngsters more playing chance than winning a trophy !

Credit to Eriksen and Kane for the goals. Eriksen badly needed that goal after not scoring from open play since last season. Hopefully it will boost his confidence to score more goals this season. But disappointingly, Eriksen wasted 2 good free kicks which he should be scoring from. Maybe it is time Eriksen go back to basics and practise free kicks again ! Kane did well to score the penalty with all the pressure on him. It was a soft penalty given by the ref even if the Lecicester player clearly touched the ball with his hand. But not sure any other ref would have given that penalty since he didn't have a clear view. Despite this, Kane took the penalty well.

I think we badly lacked a real quality in midfield to win this match. Dier and Carroll made too many mistakes. Chadli lacked a clinical touch in front of goal even if it was his shot which enabled Eriksen to score our first goal. Alli should have came on much earlier as he almost scored with the back header after coming on late in the match. But felt Pochettino should have bring on Lamela instead of Bentaleb. When you badly need a goal, not sure why we need to bring a defensive midfield like Bentaleb. I think Lamela could have won us the game if he had come on.

Our defence could have done much better with both the goals we conceded. It was annoying to see them scoring both goals without being challenged. Maybe Alderweireld could have stopped the Leicester player from having the free header for their first goal. Similiarly, we shouldn't have let them dribbling past us for their second goal. Vorm should have done much better as he shouldn't have been beaten from that angle. Vorm still making too many mistakes as his weak clearance almost let Leicester having free shot at goal in the first half.

We really should have won this match. It is going to be difficult to play away at Leicester now. Hope Pochettino will change his approach in Cup matches by playing our best available player in that match.

Question: are runs in the box from midfield players something that is a player trait, or is it coach's instructions? Because if it is the latter (which I believe it is), then either Poch isn't asking it of his players, or some players are really blowing their instructions.

It's both I think. Takes a lot of stamina to do it consistently (and you kind of have to to get into those actual goal scoring chances somewhat often). Also takes quite a bit of awareness and reading of the game to do it well.

Wouldn't expect, or want, all of our (attacking) midfielders to do that a lot of the time. I think we're finding a very good balance in that regard with Alli, Lamela and Eriksen. Though Son also does it quite a lot when he plays from what I've seen.

Alli is definitely very good at it, and also very good at doing good things with the ball when he gets it from those runs.

It's both I think. Takes a lot of stamina to do it consistently (and you kind of have to to get into those actual goal scoring chances somewhat often). Also takes quite a bit of awareness and reading of the game to do it well.

Wouldn't expect, or want, all of our (attacking) midfielders to do that a lot of the time. I think we're finding a very good balance in that regard with Alli, Lamela and Eriksen. Though Son also does it quite a lot when he plays from what I've seen.

Alli is definitely very good at it, and also very good at doing good things with the ball when he gets it from those runs.

Alli was a long distance runner as a kid and has stamina in spades. The guy can run all day it seems and thats a massive thing for a midfielder

What I love about Alli is he gambles and its something others should and could be doing more of

Alli was a long distance runner as a kid and has stamina in spades. The guy can run all day it seems and thats a massive thing for a midfielder

What I love about Alli is he gambles and its something others should and could be doing more of
I wouldn't condone gambling myself. It gets players in all sorts of trouble.

Back