• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Leicester City (FA Cup)***

I hope to GHod Kevin Kilbane isn't picking the MOTM award, because if he is and it stays a draw or even a leicester win, then Gray is getting it...

Bit worried about the old rope a dope here, think we're running way more than them and pushing and probing which takes more effort than just sitting on your 18 yard box all game.

As Glasgow fella says, missed a lot due to the cameraman spending time zoomed in on players, coaches, or some players backside.

Time for a points of view letter!

For the second week running we are completely dominant, yet we've go in at half time all square. We need to be better at taking advantage of our dominance, both in terms of actually converting it into clear cut chances and goals and not conceding the only time the other team actually have an attack. Such a poor goal to concede too. Poor clearance by Dier first, and then rubbish marking by Alderweireld.

I can't see Leicester being equally poor in the second half, so we need to be on our toes to make sure we aren't caught out if they actually start playing football.

Eriksen is playing really well today, which is good to see, and we are playing some very nice football up until we get close to their penalty box. That is where we need to be better at actually making the final breakthrough.

If it's still level (or worse) 15 minutes into teh second half, I'd bring on Kane to give us a bit more presence in the box. Alli is also an option, of course, if we need goals.

I've just read through the comments at half time... when they scored, a couple of people criticised Vorm but nobody criticised Alderweireld for losing his man? Or Poch for having nobody on the post? Or Chadli for not filling the hole that appeared when Rose moved wide to match up the 2 vs 1...

I don't think Vorm is good, I would always pick Lloris (he cannot be too tired) but I can't blame Vorm for that.

I thought Spurs were GREAT in the first half against Everton and have been really really good in the first half today. We do need to score two soon though, or Leics will fancy it, or taking us back to the Walkers Filbert Power King Street Linker Dome Stadium Cheese and Onion

Carroll having a good game today. Great incisive passing and keeping it tidy otherwise. I can see him starting many matches for us this season.

Wimmer also showing he belongs and some great passes from him too to start attacks. Nice to see we have solid alternatives in a number of positions.

We are missing the long ball Alderweireld plays from the back in the direction of Kane and Alli today.
That completely varies our play and gives us something to chase upfront.
Not enough physicality upfront to trouble them.
We've been passing it around infront of them too much waiting without enough tempo.
Chadli needs to impose himself on the game physically because Son, Omomah and Eriksen arent able to.

I've just read through the comments at half time... when they scored, a couple of people criticised Vorm but nobody criticised Alderweireld for losing his man? Or Poch for having nobody on the post? Or Chadli for not filling the hole that appeared when Rose moved wide to match up the 2 vs 1...

I don't think Vorm is good, I would always pick Lloris (he cannot be too tired) but I can't blame Vorm for that.

I thought Spurs were GREAT in the first half against Everton and have been really really good in the first half today. We do need to score two soon though, or Leics will fancy it, or taking us back to the Walkers Filbert Power King Street Linker Dome Stadium Cheese and Onion
I think the Vorm criticism was from before the goal.

Totally dominated but looking lightweight up font without Kane and Alli. Shocking marking for goal but Carroll and Eriksen looking good.

Carroll having a good game today. Great incisive passing and keeping it tidy otherwise. I can see him starting many matches for us this season.

Wimmer also showing he belongs and some great passes from him too to start attacks. Nice to see we have solid alternatives in a number of positions.
Yes, Wimmenbauer has beaten Ulloa to loads of headers, even when he is behind Ulloa... and has sprayed the ball around like Der Kaiser.

And Carroll's forward passing has been much better than recently, more like when he first broke through. In fact his position on the pitch is probably our most important, he is on the ball more than anyone it seems. Keep going The HottingSpurs, you can do it

Alderweireld may have been trying to catch his man, but the ball was coming down in front of Jan, who seemed to want to wait for it rather than getting himself to meet & clear it.

Back