• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Leicester City (FA Cup)***

People keep calling this a freak season. I've said it myself more than once. But I'm starting to wonder if this isn't "the new normal". We'll obviously see how it pans out over the next few seasons, but for a whole bunch of reasons (which I won't derail this thread with), I get the feeling the Premier League could be entering a new, less predictable phase in general.
With the money that even the weaker teams in the PL receive right now things will get more even. Stoke being able to have former Barca and Bayern players says it all really. The top-teams can't just buy their way into success anymore because almost anyone is able to spend money these days and get good players. However, in a certain way it has been a freak season, the Chelsea collapse in particular has to be about more than just the new normal. They were champions last season! Leicester as well, crazy how well they have done thus far.

LFC lineup to face Exeter: Bogdan, Randall, Ilori, Enrique, Smith, Brannagan, Stewart, Teixeira, Kent, Sinclair, Benteke

Good thing @parklane1 isn't a Liverpool fan :eek:

I know too much about football to ever be a Liverpool fan. And there is a hell of a difference in playing a Div Two team then one that only a couple of weeks ago were top of the prem.

Last edited:
So Mason and Dembélé still out.

I think he will play Dier and Bentaleb. Perhaps Carroll. Will be interesting

With the money that even the weaker teams in the PL receive right now things will get more even. Stoke being able to have former Barca and Bayern players says it all really. The top-teams can't just buy their way into success anymore because almost anyone is able to spend money these days and get good players. However, in a certain way it has been a freak season, the Chelsea collapse in particular has to be about more than just the new normal. They were champions last season! Leicester as well, crazy how well they have done thus far.

I agree that the league should become more even and competitive than what it has been in the last 10-15 years but I still feel that this season will be the only season it's ever as open as this. The rest of the league can afford genuine talent as you say but Emirates Marketing Project and United both have huge resources and should really have opened up a 10 point gap on the rest of the league already, if not more.

Financially the gap, although diminishing, is still huge and I expect that once United sort out a manager they can get behind and City do as well it will return.

People keep calling this a freak season. I've said it myself more than once. But I'm starting to wonder if this isn't "the new normal". We'll obviously see how it pans out over the next few seasons, but for a whole bunch of reasons (which I won't derail this thread with), I get the feeling the Premier League could be entering a new, less predictable phase in general.

That said, I want us to win silverware above all, and an FA Cup win would be a massive thing. For me it's a priority - I just think we can win on Sunday while still resting players. If I felt we needed to play Kane and Dier (for example) in order to beat a weakened Leicester team, then I'd play them - no hesitation.

I think the stronger teams will come back stronger again because they still have the most money and they will likely get better managers in soon. I could see Guardiola at City with their billions, Mourinho at Utd possibly, someone like Simeone at Chelsea and a load of money thrown at them all again. Then there's Klopp at Liverpool who should be able to get them into much better shape once he signs a few and has more time to coach them into his way of playing.

I agree with you, I think we can win on Sunday whilst resting a few players (I don't expect Poch to put out a second string entirely, but I wouldn't complain if he did on this occasion).

A question for any of you guys that go to WHL

Just seen the latest post of the main site about security checks. Do any of you actually turn up a full hour before kick-off are just a few mins earlier than normal?

Been getting there at least an hour before kick off for last few years as knee has gone and find it difficult to stand in pub. When I went with my mates in early 60's got there before gates opened so that we could get to the front of the middle tier of the East Stand on the half way line.

A question for any of you guys that go to WHL

Just seen the latest post of the main site about security checks. Do any of you actually turn up a full hour before kick-off are just a few mins earlier than normal?
I've not noticed a difference in the time it takes to get into the South Upper mate

I've not noticed a difference in the time it takes to get into the South Upper mate

Cheers. As I say, not been for a few months, but remember last time we went there was a large queue for our turnstile in the Paxton and we missed the first few minutes.
So know we need to allow an extra few minutes, just dont see the need to be there for 11.45am next Saturday

Cheers. As I say, not been for a few months, but remember last time we went there was a large queue for our turnstile in the Paxton and we missed the first few minutes.
So know we need to allow an extra few minutes, just dont see the need to be there for 11.45am next Saturday

2.15pm would be fine mate

FA Cup 4th round 2015:
Southampton 2 Crystal Palace 3
Tottenham 1 Leicester 2

FA Cup 3rd round 2016:
Southampton 1 Crystal Palace 2

I don't like the omens thus far:mad:

So...may as well get started:

Leicester1.jpg

process

article-2626301-1D9CA32700000578-816_634x409.jpg

JeffSchlupp_3255896.jpg

Well, i guess the fairest new avatar suggestion will at least be the one person who will probably be happy no matter what the result:

GaryLinekerWalkers-20140804120042589.jpg

brick OMT so GHod help us!

Have not been able to get on here for a while so just wanted to say 'woof' and 'up the spurs'

why am I seeing Leicester pics everywhere??? have OMT gods decreed new rules???

that pic at the top is like one of those spiral piccy thingys where you look at it so long and start seeing different things...from 1-5 seconds I thought Christmas Turkey ready for the oven....after 5 seconds I saw the top of a lipstick or maybe it was the worlds strangest bell-end....anyway I digress...

I like you Glorygleze...always have...not in a 'I want to get fresh with you kind of way, more of a 'he's a funny crazy guy who makes me laugh kind of way.

but please no more pictures of Obese Leicester fans.....much obliged.....

yours faithfully

Nigey.

We used to be the most successful team in the FA Cup. But it has been 25 long years since we last won it. Annoyingly, Arsenal and ManU have overtaken us in the total FA Cups won since then. Blame it on Levy and Redknapp for our barren run as they failed in the magical years of 2001 and 2011. Surely, we don't have to wait until 2021 to win the FA Cup again ! We have not been very convincing in the Cup matches since winning the Carling Cup under Ramos in 2008. That has been the case under Pochettino as well. We did play in the League Cup Final last season but we managed to avoid all the big teams until the Final then. So, Pochettino has to improve our performance greatly in Cup matches if we are to win a trophy this season.

The fact Arsenal won the FA Cup the last 2 years, should be enough motivation for us to win it this season. It won't be easy as we have to play in-form Leicester. When we beat Leicester 4-3 in the topsy-turvy league match at home last season, it boosted their confidence so much that they have become a title challengers now, losing only 3 times in 32 matches in all competitions since then. And we have also lost our last 2 FA Cup matches to Leicester, including last season. So we have to bring them down back earth when we meet them twice this week. Afterall, they are winless in 3 matches. So, there is no reason whatsoever why we cannot beat them.

Just hope Pochettino will take FA Cup seriously by playing our best available players. There is no reason to rest any players against Leicester as we don't have enough depth especially in attack. We have to rely entirely on Kane to score the goals even if players like Alli and Lamela have been scoring lately. Kane has not play much or scored any goals in the FA Cup for us. So, it is time for him to get his first ever FA Cup goal for us. Lamela had a bad game against Everton but hope he will be back to his best against Leicester. Alli has been in great form lately, scoring a great goal against Everton. Want to see him continue his great form. And it won't do us any harm if players like Eriksen, Son and Chadli get back their best form in this match.

I think our defence will be the key for us to win this match. We will need to keep a clean sheets for us to win. Hope Lloris, Vertonghen and Alderweireld will be alert all the times to stop Leicester. There is no reason for our defence to get too ambitious. We need to concentrate fully in defence first. Leicester has not scored in the last 2 matches. So, will be very disappointed if we don't keep the clean sheet in this match. With their top striker Vardy out injured, there is no reason why we cannot stop them scoring as long as we concentrate fully.

FA Cup matches used to be very special for us. But we have lost the feel-good factor in the FA Cup in recent years. Hope Pochettino can help to bring back the FA Cup glory again. He can start doing that by getting us to beat Leicester in this match.

Any team update yet ?

Hope we will play our best available players against Leicester. Being a Cup match, good performance is not really important as long as we win ! Hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality and get the all-important win to progress to the next round !

Back