• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Leicester City (FA Cup)***

A question for any of you guys that go to WHL

Just seen the latest post of the main site about security checks. Do any of you actually turn up a full hour before kick-off are just a few mins earlier than normal?

If we rotate and lose, I can assure you that there will be more flak for Poch than if we just look dead on our feet come March, because given our playing style, I think a lot of people already assume that such an occurrence is inevitable anyway. Remember last year, close to the CC final? We tried to rotate the squad, and it didn't work: that was exemplified by the loss at Fiorentina, funnily enough. Why try rotating too much now, when we have a difficult but eminently beatable opponent in a competition we can win?
Spurs - City: 4-1
There won't be any backlash, if we win the next 2-3 league games.

A question for any of you guys that go to WHL

Just seen the latest post of the main site about security checks. Do any of you actually turn up a full hour before kick-off are just a few mins earlier than normal?

No, but then my part of the ground never has a queue larger than 10 deep anyway - may be a different story if your ticket is for Park Lane or Paxton

Lloris
Trippier - Toby - Verts - Rose
Dier - Carroll
Lamela - Eriksen - Chadli
Son
Would rest Kane and Alli - our two most important players and give Eriksen a chance in the centre.

Same time as usual for me.

Cheers for that Parklane and Billyiddo.

Havent been for a few months, but will be there for the Sunderland match next Sat morning, but dont really fancy having to get there for 11.45pm.
Tbh we are usually lastminute.com (as a work colleague jokingly calls us). Will deffo get there a touch earlier though

Thanks again

I think Ranieri will go for it. They could go far in the Cup and are safe from Relegation. So I dont want us to pick a completely weakened team, but would rest some Key players.

------------------Lloris-----------------------

Trippier----Wimmer----Vertonghen----Rose
-------------------Dier------------------------------
-------------------------Carroll--------------------
Lamela----------Son-------------------Chadli---
-----------------------Kane-------------------------

That rests 5 players, but also I Would hope Dembele can be fit for the Wednesday game. So only 5 players will play both games. Lloris is ok he is a keeper. Still a strong team. I really
dont think we can rest Kane though, we lose our focal point without him. But against Everton he really looked like he needs a rest. We must get a backup for him.

i'm sure this will be treated as a Europa League fixture this season; probably second guess that Leicester will make a few changes as well. I'd play:

Dembele and Mason injured so:

Lloris, Trippier, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Rose, Dier, Bentaleb, Carroll, Chadli, Son, Kane Subs: Vorm, Vertonghen, Davies, Onomah, Winks, Eriksen, Lamela

The two days I really look forward to are the start of the season and the 3rd round day of the FA Cup its always been that way and always will for me. I love the FA Cup and I want another trip to Wembley, I hope we name our strongest team and win the game. I want to see us run round Wembley with the cup screw this wanting to finish among the runners up ( top four).

The two days I really look forward to are the start of the season and the 3rd round day of the FA Cup its always been that way and always will for me. I love the FA Cup and I want another trip to Wembley, I hope we name our strongest team and win the game. I want to see us run round Wembley with the cup screw this wanting to finish among the runners up ( top four).
In the past I would agree. FA Cup had its fair share of glory. Nowadays other prizes are bigger, such as CL. Much as I would love for us to win a trophy, I would prefer to see us competing against Europe's elite on a consistent basis.

In the past I would agree. FA Cup had its fair share of glory. Nowadays other prizes are bigger, such as CL. Much as I would love for us to win a trophy, I would prefer to see us competing against Europe's elite on a consistent basis.

Well Stop! Hammer time but the Champs lge is one of the reasons that has ruined football ( imo). When I was younger I never thought I would see the day when some fans think finishing the 3rd of the losers ( 4th place) is more important then actually winning a trophy.

Well Stop! Hammer time but the Champs lge is one of the reasons that has ruined football ( imo). When I was younger I never thought I would see the day when some fans think finishing the 3rd of the losers ( 4th place) is more important then actually winning a trophy.
Whether I agree or not, the fact is that the focus has shifted and CL is considered more prestigious. In the future it may be something else and the focus will shift there. Changing times...

Whether I agree or not, the fact is that the focus has shifted and CL is considered more prestigious. In the future it may be something else and the focus will shift there. Changing times...

Disagree. Players big up the CL as it means more money but at the end of a 'successful' career I bet more players will say "won this and that" rather than "played in the CL for 8 out of 11 seasons". Clubs need to be in it to attract top players who want more money but again deep down bet more gooners are happier with 2 FA cup wins to break the 11 year drought than CL again.

Changing times indeed and CL may be "bigger" (though viewing figures might not support this) and financially more important in a snake eating its own tail way, but certainly not more prestigious than a Cup win

^Ben Davies says exactly that in the Standard today, funnily enough.

This is a reacurring discussion on here and my view is that whilst yes id rather win a trophy than finish 3rd/4th - it's finishing 3rd/4th (consistently) which is what will move the Club on to the next level and put us in to a position to challenge for the title and win trophies with more regularity - which is ultimately what we all want, isn't it?

I think trying for the league, in a freak season, is more important than the cup. Just this once.
People keep calling this a freak season. I've said it myself more than once. But I'm starting to wonder if this isn't "the new normal". We'll obviously see how it pans out over the next few seasons, but for a whole bunch of reasons (which I won't derail this thread with), I get the feeling the Premier League could be entering a new, less predictable phase in general.

That said, I want us to win silverware above all, and an FA Cup win would be a massive thing. For me it's a priority - I just think we can win on Sunday while still resting players. If I felt we needed to play Kane and Dier (for example) in order to beat a weakened Leicester team, then I'd play them - no hesitation.

LFC lineup to face Exeter: Bogdan, Randall, Ilori, Enrique, Smith, Brannagan, Stewart, Teixeira, Kent, Sinclair, Benteke

Good thing @parklane1 isn't a Liverpool fan :eek:

Back