• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Fiorentina 2nd leg ***

play the strongest side available. At this point of the season, in the heat of these games and runs of games is when your team is forged. Win or lose this is the time to build that one for all, all for one, fight to the end winning mentality.
If we lose the next two games the disappointment should be used to spur them on to better things. If we win it can be used as a taster.

Play the kids.

Competitions like this are precisely what squads are for.

The third most prestigious club competition in the world after the European Cup and the Copa Libertadores?

The thing we won in 1972 and 1984 - two of the greatest achievements in our 130 year history?

I think the main question is wether we should pick our strongest squad or give a rest to at least several of our players. Personally I still didn't make my mind.
You may also add a poll to the OMT about this.

I will go with:
Lloris
Walker-Vert-Fazio-Davies
Stambouli-Mason
Townsend-Eriksen-Chadli
Kane

Not sure this team will be enough for an away win or a high-scoring draw.
I will be on 7th heaven if we manage to progress to 1/8 EL and win on Sunday, but objectively I can't see both of these things happening. Even considering we have a fully fit squad.

I think the main question is wether we should pick our strongest squad or give a rest to at least several of our players. Personally I still didn't make my mind.
You may also add a poll to the OMT about this.

I will go with:
Lloris
Walker-Vert-Fazio-Davies
Stambouli-Mason
Townsend-Eriksen-Chadli
Kane

Not sure this team will be enough for an away win or a high-scoring draw.
I will be on 7th heaven if we manage to progress to 1/8 EL and win on Sunday, but objectively I can't see both of these things happening. Even considering we have a fully fit squad.

It's kind of all or nothing these next 4 days

We either win silverware for only the second time in 15 years, qualify for Europe next season, and get into a European ¼ final

Or our season is effectively over and we just have to make sure we pip Southampton to 6th to stay in Europe next season

We'll probably play our strongest team. It will end 1-1. Then we lose on penalties.

Everyone knackered for Sunday. It's written.

Shocking, shocking OMT.. How has this not come under more scrutiny? Not like this is just another match..

BeK9inmCAAAlC1K.jpg

Looks like Ireland and Britain are moving to south America.

It's kind of all or nothing these next 4 days

We either win silverware for only the second time in 15 years, qualify for Europe next season, and get into a European ¼ final

Or our season is effectively over and we just have to make sure we pip Southampton to 6th to stay in Europe next season

We're 3 points off 4th and 4 points off 3rd. Even if we do lose both our upcoming cup games our season is far from over.

We might as well go for it; I can't see us beating Chelѕеа twice in a season anyway, so I'm fully expecting disappointment on Sunday regardless. Personally, I don't think we've got it in us to win either game, tbh, and even if we were to progress tomorrow, I think we've probably got a better chance of getting 4th in the league than of winning that competition.

The third most prestigious club competition in the world after the European Cup and the Copa Libertadores?

The thing we won in 1972 and 1984 - two of the greatest achievements in our 130 year history?
It was a prestigious competition when we won it. Now it's not even the most prestigious competition on ITV4.

We're 3 points off 4th and 4 points off 3rd. Even if we do lose both our upcoming cup games our season is far from over.

It's the hope that kills you…

We're the 6th best team in the league this season. CL isn't realistic - we don't have the squad for it.

4th might be a target next season, but this season is too early for us.

This season is about getting back into EL again, and if we can win a cup or two then brilliant.

It's the hope that kills you…

We're the 6th best team in the league this season. CL isn't realistic - we don't have the squad for it.

4th might be a target next season, but this season is too early for us.

This season is about getting back into EL again, and if we can win a cup or two then brilliant.

Even if it's the case that we're the 6th best team in he league this season, and I'm not convinced that we are, it's still very close. If all our cup adventures are over my Sunday evening we'll have an advantage over several of our competitors for top 4 and to be honest a good run of form for any team competing for top 4 could be enough to push them over the line.

Something something... aim high... something something...

Edit: One more thing. I would rather take the risk of living with the hope.

Last edited:
I have changed my mind back and forth on this, second string or strongest team? I would go for strongest team. We came back against West Ham, losing would have been awful, but the way we grabbed a point gives us a bit of momentum. We can roll that on a bit more if we can get through this tie, and then go bouncing into the final on Sunday. I'd drop Dembele though, for his crap game against West Ham. Chadli came on and looked good. Townsend gave them problems in the first leg, so I'd let him go again for this one.

--------------lloris
walker----dier-----vert----rose
--------mason---bentaleb
--townsend--eriksen-----chadli
--------------kane

If we do lose our next two games it shouldn't be all doom and gloom,MP knows his best 14/15 ,we've got 14 cup finals as the saying goes,no world cup/euro champs in the summer so the players can focus on these games. Their's no 'bale' scenario apart from the usual wastage majority of players will be here next season so if we give it ago we could go for fourth even third. Man ure are really dodgy at the moment, liverpool could falter in a few games and the goons blow hot and cold.

I still believe its in our own hands for a top four place but if we lose Sunday does that create another spot in the table for an europa place,runners up don't qualify any more???

Far more positives than negatives if goes tits up in the next few days.

If we do lose our next two games it shouldn't be all doom and gloom,MP knows his best 14/15 ,we've got 14 cup finals as the saying goes,no world cup/euro champs in the summer so the players can focus on these games. Their's no 'bale' scenario apart from the usual wastage majority of players will be here next season so if we give it ago we could go for fourth even third. Man ure are really dodgy at the moment, liverpool could falter in a few games and the goons blow hot and cold.

I still believe its in our own hands for a top four place but if we lose Sunday does that create another spot in the table for an europa place,runners up don't qualify any more???

Far more positives than negatives if goes tits up in the next few days.
I'm happy for Poch to push the squad hard this season, see who can and can't take it, and learn from that for next season.

Times have changed im afraid. It was a great tournament back then, but now it certainly isnt. Of course, a champions league spot gives it slightly more cred but I think that novelty will wear off too.

Its a competition designed for 2 reasons. Firstly to give "big" teams in the champions league who drop out another chance of winning a cup to keep them happy, and secondly to keep "smaller" teams out of the champions league by knackering themselves out trying to win it so that their league form suffers. They want the big clubs to stay in the champions league - they dont want the riff raff.

Times have changed im afraid. It was a great tournament back then, but now it certainly isnt. Of course, a champions league spot gives it slightly more cred but I think that novelty will wear off too.

Its a competition designed for 2 reasons. Firstly to give "big" teams in the champions league who drop out another chance of winning a cup to keep them happy, and secondly to keep "smaller" teams out of the champions league by knackering themselves out trying to win it so that their league form suffers. They want the big clubs to stay in the champions league - they dont want the riff raff.

Very big league/big club-centric view. Outside the big 2-3 leagues I think there's a lot of clubs around Europe that are very happy being in the EL and would take winning it as a huge honour. If we win it I will be fudging delighted and I'm sure I'll remember it and talk about it for years and years, I think that's true for the vast majority of Spurs fans.

I do agree that it's been diminished a bit in value. I don't think it's right calling it the third most prestigious club competition in the world. The Premier League and La Liga titles are more prestigious now I think.

Back