• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Fiorentina 2nd leg ***

It's the third most prestigious trophy we could win though and at this stage there's no place for the kids.

If we are going to play a weakened team with an eye on the final then i wouldn't play Lloris, why risk him being injured or him having that thought in the back of his mind while playing behind a weakened team that stands less chance of winning?

CL place for the winners is a big bonus. It's meant I actually give a brick about this competition again. But, we are more likely to a) win a trophy and b) get Champions League football if we rest players for tomorrow. Kane, Eriksen, Mason, Bentaleb, Vertonghen, Walker and Dier should not travel. Frustratingly...that means Paulinho or Capoue are gonna have to start.

I'd also start Adebayor. Play him up front with Soldado. Go for it all guns blazing. Try and nick an early away goal or two and kill the tie off. If we get spanked, we get spanked. I'd rather that than a long drawn out game of chess over 120 minutes with our starting XI getting tired out for Sunday.

CL place for the winners is a big bonus. It's meant I actually give a crud about this competition again. But, we are more likely to a) win a trophy and b) get Champions League football if we rest players for tomorrow. Kane, Eriksen, Mason, Bentaleb, Vertonghen, Walker and Dier should not travel. Frustratingly...that means Paulinho or Capoue are gonna have to start.

I'd also start Adebayor. Play him up front with Soldado. Go for it all guns blazing. Try and nick an early away goal or two and kill the tie off. If we get spanked, we get spanked. I'd rather that than a long drawn out game of chess over 120 minutes with our starting XI getting tired out for Sunday.

for both id say the EL is our best bet, a trophy and a CL place.

I dont think we are strong enough to finish ahead of Arsanal, Man Utd or Liverpool in the PL and the league cup final v Chelski will be beyond us too..............whereas id say that we are one of the strongest teams in the EL with only Liverpool a major threat. The EL is perfectly winnable this year so lets simply concentrate on that

for both id say the EL is our best bet, a trophy and a CL place.

I dont think we are strong enough to finish ahead of Arsanal, Man Utd or Liverpool in the PL and the league cup final v Chelski will be beyond us too..............whereas id say that we are one of the strongest teams in the EL with only Liverpool a major threat. The EL is perfectly winnable this year so lets simply concentrate on that

Odds from the bookmakers seem to put us as much more likely to get into the CL through the league than win the EL.

Winning the LC is obviously a lot more likely than winning the EL at this stage.

It's two cup finals in four days ....I love it ..... We can win them both but we've got to believe!

Well I am going out there tonight and I will be really tinkled off if we give the trophy away by fielding a weakened side, unfortunately there seems to be a few " fans ' who are suggesting we do just that.

Well I am going out there tonight and I will be really tinkleed off if we give the trophy away by fielding a weakened side, unfortunately there seems to be a few " fans ' who are suggesting we do just that.

Safe trip mate ... And lose your voice out there ...COYS!!

Well I am going out there tonight and I will be really tinkleed off if we give the trophy away by fielding a weakened side, unfortunately there seems to be a few " fans ' who are suggesting we do just that.

Is that really called for? Putting fans in quotation marks like that just because people disagree with you on if we should, and how we should, rotate with two important games, two trophies to chase, along with a top 4 league finish still within our reach.

Seems very divisive for no good reason...

Is that really called for? Putting fans in quotation marks like that just because people disagree with you on if we should, and how we should, rotate with two important games, two trophies to chase, along with a top 4 league finish still within our reach.

Seems very divisive for no good reason...

Please do not look for something that is not there, I just do not understand how some ' fans ' ( do not get upset now), can take the chance of a European trophy so lightly.

There is no point in playing a game if we do not try and win it, and that means putting out our best team.

I just hope that everyone doesn't have some kind of meltdown if we lose the next 2 games.

You cannot play the same team every week, we seem to be going for the lot which means rotating best we can. We have a thin squad, not in terms of players but in terms of those that are trusted and fit the system.

Draw against West Ham was disappointing due to the performance. The previous league results for them were draws against Southampton and Man Utd both who are above us in the league.

Amount of money you pay players doesnt come into this - You wouldnt ask Mo Farah to run 60 x world class 10km in 8 months, there is only a certain level of fitness mental and physical possible.

As a note think its noticeable that we havent had as many long term injuries this season, thats not a coincidence..

Maybe I am being a bit naive here, but we have to go for it against Fiorentina. We have sacrificed for EL, yes, we have put in a lot of extra matches, yes but in many ways the hard work has been put in. But what was the point if we "throw" this game in favour of a game we are hardly favourites for. Whatever fans feel, it will be huge for a young team we are looking to develop to experience these atmospheres and pressures in a short space of time.

We are staying in Florence after the game which helps as the team is kept together and will allow us to focus on Chelsea AFTER this game. We are simply not at a level where we can get away with weakened line ups. I will be truly tinkled off if we get a sub par team tomorrow and miss out by trying to be too clever.

Totally agree. These types of games are what players at the top level work so hard to be a part of. All the big teams play in midweek and at the weekend, and we should be no different. A very strong XI for both matches for me with minimal tactical changes. Walker looked exhausted against West Ham, so maybe I'd start Dier at RB for Fiorentina.

I'd do this team for Florence

-----Lloris--------
Dier-Faz-JV-BD
--Bentaleb--Stam
Town-Sol--Erik
----Kane---

Then this team for Chelsea

----Lloris---
KW---Dier---JV---Rose
--Bentaleb--Mason
Lamela--Eriksen--Chadli
-------Kane-------