• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v West Bromwich Albion***

Didn't Poch say it was too early to talk about titles? I think that's him playing it with a straight bat.

He did say we'd improved since last year, and I think that's fair comment.

Yes he did to be fair. But he also entertained it. Almost like when we're closer we'll discuss...

Raneri last season - dismissed any talk of the kind. Get the team feeling like they are fighting against, not entitled. It's easier for us to play lie that, as we haven't arrived. We're wanna bees who need to fight, as we did when we went a goal down.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
I hope Janssen adapts to Poch's system. He needs to start scoring otherwise should give up his starting place..

What utter nonsense, it is not for him to give it up, it is for Poch to take it away from if he thinks it necessary, otherwise he continues to try his best until it clicks. Even world class Gary Lineker took 8 starts before he scored his first goal for us

No, that's particularly Spurs football at the moment. Our finishing needs working on big time. Our goals to chances created is very poor IMO.
I also believe there are players like alli and to some extent Son who need to learn to look up and pass to a team mate in a better position rather than taking every shot themselves.

I was referring to people whose mate couldn't make it and have a spare to sell. I don't see touts at away games, I'm not sure there's a bid enough market.

ah right. problem is i would need two for the missus and me, and its too big a gamble to take. especially if we had to drive 250m to Bournemouth without a ticket

Didn't Poch say it was too early to talk about titles? I think that's him playing it with a straight bat.

He did say we'd improved since last year, and I think that's fair comment.
We are definitely improved since last year. We were more dominant and created more chances, and last year I don't know if we would have had the fortitude to come back and equalize, let alone almost win the match, after going down in the 82nd minute. These results are going to happen to the best teams. It is the PL, after all. But if we continue playing like we have the past few weeks, they will be few and far between.

We are definitely improved since last year. We were more dominant and created more chances, and last year I don't know if we would have had the fortitude to come back and equalize, let alone almost win the match, after going down in the 82nd minute. These results are going to happen to the best teams. It is the PL, after all. But if we continue playing like we have the past few weeks, they will be few and far between.

There is a pattern though. It carries over from last year. We're not ruthless in attack. We dominate games but don't always win them. Games that would be awarded to us unanimously if judged like a boxing match, we draw too often.

All part of the teams development. It's an exceptionally young attack, and Sissoko, an older player needs time to settle. Dembele back could be a big help.

Poch entertaining title talk didn't help - too entitled - when we needed to go into the game hungry fighting back. But we made chances, and they defended manfully. Eriksen, Lamela, Sissoko, Davies, Alli not ruthless enough with their shots. None were easy, but at this level you have to take them. A lot of young players, bar Sissoko who's no goal scorer, and we showed a lack of maturity to kill them off. It's not a new problem.

How does Poch fix it? Son is a good finisher, better than Lamela in terms of attacking end product. Sissoko hasn't scored goals anywhere. Eriksen, so accurate in the past, doesn't find the corer of the goal enough. When we break or attack we don't seem to have a shape, a bit school yard in our movement - all sprinting without much plan often bunched together. So there is work to do - breaking, passing on the break, and being clinical. Taking emotion out of attacking, and working the ball into space and then finding the corner of the net.

Poch was a defender, and while we have some silky skills in attack, we need to hone our attacking play to be more clinical.

It wasn't Poch entertaining title talk it was a hack trying to entice him into a trap. I'm sure we can all imagine the media feeding frenzy following our next defeat had he momentarily dropped his guard.

While many of you appear to be writing him off already the goal he scored for Holland during the break simply strengthens the faith I have in him. This is the time he needs our support more than ever
Agreed. Not worried personally especially as Son and Alli are scoring and he is creating space for others. I think fans are scarred due to the Soldado experience in our recent memory so can't really blame them. Tbf the support is Good down the lane.

Hugo made a blinding save to keep the shot out... It was moussa letting Chaldi have a free run on the shot that was the probelm
It was actually Dele marking Chadli, Dele wasn't very interested in defending, the ball went over his head and he wasn't involved in defending from that point.

But the whole situation came about because of Davies. He had a simple header and tried to nod it down into midfield, but miscued it straight to West Brom who bore down on goal and got the corner, etc.

Silly little mistake.

It was actually Dele marking Chadli, Dele wasn't very interested in defending, the ball went over his head and he wasn't involved in defending from that point.

But the whole situation came about because of Davies. He had a simple header and tried to nod it down into midfield, but miscued it straight to West Brom who bore down on goal and got the corner, etc.

Silly little mistake.

Have to say it looked like moussa to me hence my comment. If I'm wrong I bow my head in shame

I said before the game it would be a draw but I didn't think we would carve out as many clear cut chances as we did. Our biggest problem remains punishing teams and putting them away when we're on top. Not sure how you can really improve on that. It comes down to keeping your head and remaining cool when a chance presents itself. I'm sure we most work on finishing in training to no end but the only thing I can put it down to is a slight mentality issue.

We need Kane back desperately. I'm all for giving Jansen at least 1-2 seasons to adjust to the English game and life in this country in general. His work ethic and hold play are first class. But for some unknown reason it just isn't going for him in front of goal to the point where I''m not sure we can justify picking him ahead of Son considering Son's recent record. The only other option I can see is sticking with Jansen and playing Son in one of the four AM positions and dropping Lamela.

Barely a mention of Lamela in the match thread I see. I thought he had a poor game. I'm not saying we should hammer a player when he has a bad game, but can only imagine the stick Alli or Eriksen would get if they played as poorly and Lamela does sometimes.

We deserved to win no doubt about that, two reasons we did not is the form of Foster and once again our finishing lets us down. Alli scored a great goal but again he failed to put a easier chance away, however he is still a kid and i am sure that he will become more clinical as he gets older.

There were some very good games from our players, Janssen was superb in the first half, our CB's were at their best and Davies showed again what a good player he is and was unlucky with a couple of great efforts. Can not understand some of the comments about Sissoko and thought he played well ( especially in the first half), Walker again showed that he is the best RB in the Prem and most of the other players had decent games.

I would like to see Son play behind Janssen until we get Kane back as Janssen is lacking players running pass him when he holds the ball up. Lamela was not at his best yesterday.

I said before the game it would be a draw but I didn't think we would carve out as many clear cut chances as we did. Our biggest problem remains punishing teams and putting them away when we're on top. Not sure how you can really improve on that. It comes down to keeping your head and remaining cool when a chance presents itself. I'm sure we most work on finishing in training to no end but the only thing I can put it down to is a slight mentality issue.

We need Kane back desperately. I'm all for giving Jansen at least 1-2 seasons to adjust to the English game and life in this country in general. His work ethic and hold play are first class. But for some unknown reason it just isn't going for him in front of goal to the point where I''m not sure we can justify picking him ahead of Son considering Son's recent record. The only other option I can see is sticking with Jansen and playing Son in one of the four AM positions and dropping Lamela.

Barely a mention of Lamela in the match thread I see. I thought he had a poor game. I'm not saying we should hammer a player when he has a bad game, but can only imagine the stick Alli or Eriksen would get if they played as poorly and Lamela does sometimes.

When it comes to Son and Janssen I agree it is not a simple case of playing one or the other, lets fact it when Kane gets back Son will still be deployed on our left flank

Ali's finishing would improve if he worked on using his left foot more, thus would help his balance and make it more difficult for defenders and especially goalkeepers to read him.
Jansen has to be in the 6 yard box more, Gullit pointed out to score more. Interesting thought above about playing Son just behind him to run on.

There is a pattern though. It carries over from last year. We're not ruthless in attack. We dominate games but don't always win them. Games that would be awarded to us unanimously if judged like a boxing match, we draw too often.

All part of the teams development. It's an exceptionally young attack, and Sissoko, an older player needs time to settle. Dembele back could be a big help.

A bit like City then? They should have won by 4 or 5 goals vs Everton, but ended up drawing. And still they are the biggest title favourites.

We deserved to win no doubt about that, two reasons we did not is the form of Foster and once again our finishing lets us down. Alli scored a great goal but again he failed to put a easier chance away, however he is still a kid and i am sure that he will become more clinical as he gets older.

There were some very good games from our players, Janssen was superb in the first half, our CB's were at their best and Davies showed again what a good player he is and was unlucky with a couple of great efforts. Can not understand some of the comments about Sissoko and thought he played well ( especially in the first half), Walker again showed that he is the best RB in the Prem and most of the other players had decent games.

I would like to see Son play behind Janssen until we get Kane back as Janssen is lacking players running pass him when he holds the ball up. Lamela was not at his best yesterday.

This all day long.

Good stuff. Didn't see the game (away on grandparent duty) so this relatively objective type of analysis is what I crave.

Back