• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v West Bromwich Albion***

I said before the game it would be a draw but I didn't think we would carve out as many clear cut chances as we did. Our biggest problem remains punishing teams and putting them away when we're on top. Not sure how you can really improve on that. It comes down to keeping your head and remaining cool when a chance presents itself. I'm sure we most work on finishing in training to no end but the only thing I can put it down to is a slight mentality issue.

We need Kane back desperately. I'm all for giving Jansen at least 1-2 seasons to adjust to the English game and life in this country in general. His work ethic and hold play are first class. But for some unknown reason it just isn't going for him in front of goal to the point where I''m not sure we can justify picking him ahead of Son considering Son's recent record. The only other option I can see is sticking with Jansen and playing Son in one of the four AM positions and dropping Lamela.

Barely a mention of Lamela in the match thread I see. I thought he had a poor game. I'm not saying we should hammer a player when he has a bad game, but can only imagine the stick Alli or Eriksen would get if they played as poorly and Lamela does sometimes.

Surely you would play Lamella, erisken, Alli and son behind Jansenn

I'm not anti sissoko at all and I can see what he brings but those 4 with Jansens hold up play are the way to go for me As they have guile and goals in em

@Caley_graphics
xG map for West Brom - Tottenham. Just enough defense and just enough entirely-set-play-based attack for a WBA draw.
Cu0wN6SXYAAwBep.jpg

@11tegen11
Rather advanced stance by #WBA, who used a lot of direct passing.
#passmap

Cu5peKrXgAAodoL.jpg

Cu5pQy8WYAE5BY1.jpg

Disappointing result in the end because our performance was very good.

A draw away to a (most likely) Pulis managed WBA side likely to stay well clear of the relegation scrap is not a bad result. Going there and making them work really hard just to stay in the game and rely on a very good goalkeeping performance to keep it at 0-0 for that long is solid work from us.

Also well done to the team to respond well after the disappointing Chadli goal. A lot of previous seasons we would have let our heads drop, but the lads didn't do that. Instead they kept fighting and got a deserved equalizer and we even could have won it despite going behind.

Still undefeated, a point off first. A draw away to (essentially) a mid table side is not a bad result for us.

@Caley_graphics
xG map for West Brom - Tottenham. Just enough defense and just enough entirely-set-play-based attack for a WBA draw.
Cu0wN6SXYAAwBep.jpg

@11tegen11
#passmap

Cu5peKrXgAAodoL.jpg

Cu5pQy8WYAE5BY1.jpg
I see Gareth McAuley was a little under utilised.

@Caley_graphics
Cu0wN6SXYAAwBep.jpg

@11tegen11
#passmap

Cu5peKrXgAAodoL.jpg

Cu5pQy8WYAE5BY1.jpg
The fact that the most common pass was Foster to Rondon, pretty much sums up WBA under Pulis.

It is also quite interesting that the xG difference between the two is not greater. I could have sworn we created more clear-cut chances and they had a measly two (one out of which they scored). Anywho...

The fact that the most common pass was Foster to Rondon, pretty much sums up WBA under Pulis.

It is also quite interesting that the xG difference between the two is not greater. I could have sworn we created more clear-cut chances and they had a measly two (one out of which they scored). Anywho...

I think one of the weaknesses with xG is that a headed chance under pressure after a corner is scored the same way as a clear one on one from the same distance. I think teams that play Pulis-ball and rely heavily on goals get an inflated xG score at times.

Back