• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v West Bromwich Albion***

I don't have an issue with him but people comparing him with Sissoko is odd... And then comparing him to Jimmy greaves

I'd argue Son is the replacement for Chaldi as he plays the same side

I would also suggest that not only is he a replacement but he is actually an improvement. Even when he came on today he caused problems for them down our left flank

Disappointing. HAL-7891 levels of disappointing, given the chances we had in the first half, but Foster predictably had the best 45 minutes of his career. We have to learn to convert more of these chances; too much still goes straight at the keeper. Alli's goal showed the way. Still unbeaten, though, which is good. I hate Pulisball. Relentless anti-football, even at home.

Last edited:
I would also suggest that not only is he a replacement but he is actually an improvement. Even when he came on today he caused problems for them down our left flank

Massive improvement, goals creativity and defence work

It's what Chaldi could do but rarely did do

My biggest frustration with Chadli was that the talent was there... You could see it in spades but he didn't ever seem to work hard enough. The Chelsea 5-3 game he was exemplary and did it all

Do u not think we've been doing the same thing for a number of seasons?
If by that you mean drawing games when we've had enough decent chances to win, then yes. But in the past we would not have equalized after heavily dominating a game and conceding so late. And the signs of growth are promising in the squad.

If by that you mean drawing games when we've had enough decent chances to win, then yes. But in the past we would not have equalized after heavily dominating a game and conceding so late. And the signs of growth are promising in the squad.

Feck of .. How dare you bring a posted up from that (meant 100% as sarcasm)

I mean first half we hammered them but second half scored with ore first decent chance

You could have that's clinical in the end

Still unbeaten. Could we go all season unbeaten? But of course, us being Spurs, if we did go unbeaten the whole season, we'd probably still end up not winning it.

Bottom line 13 goals in 41 league appearances is a very good return (just under 1 in 3) when you consider he an attacking midfielder and not a striker. Even more so when you consider he is still just 20 and remember some of those appearances are from the bench. As he developes he will be a more regular scorer

I think eventually he will be able to hit 15 league goals a season, possibly 18-20 in all competition

roUOTE="Bedfordspurs, post: 856164, member: 150"]Jimmy Greaves was firstly a centre forward and secondly did it all the time

Chaldi is a winger and went missing most games last season when he got a chance[/QUOTE]

The fact that Greaves was a centre forward is moot, that is not the point, as you well know. The point was that that he made a telling contribution, despite not getting anywhere near the ball for long periods of time. Well Sissoko is meant to be an attacking midfielder. Let me just say, you are going to be waiting a hell of a long time to see him contribute as much as Chadli. Look at the guy's scoring record. It's brick! Bought on the back of one decent Euro tournament and how old is he?

We played well but to win something we need to be more clinical

I think our boys take representing England too much, Poch needs to. Intercede if he thinks it will affect our league performance.

That defending for the corner was just poor. We had no one guarding the far post.

Son came on and made an immediate impact. I hope Janssen adapts to Poch's system. He needs to start scoring otherwise should give up his starting place..

Lots to think about for Poch if you asked me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I guess 3 things are certain about us every season : we failing to beat our bogey team WBA, we making mediocre goalkeepers looking like world class and our former players scoring against us. It is good that we are still unbeaten after 8 matches of the season. But just like last season, we are drawing too many matches. These dropped points are certain to come back to affect us later in the season. This is another match we could have won comfortably. But our failure to make our chances count means we had to come from behind to even get a point.

This match proves yet again that we badly lack a clinical goal scorer like Kane.
For all his hard work, Janssen just doesn't look like scoring a league goal for us now. Lamela had a quite game but thought it was a mistake to take him off. We should have replaced Janssen instead. I think Lamela's creativity would have been usefull in the later stages of the game. Son didn't have a much impact when he came on but at least he was involved in the lead up to our goal.

Credit to Alli for scoring our only goal to force the draw. But he was also guilty of wasting 2 good chances to score in the first half. I think Alli should have scored at least 1 of the 2 one-on-one chances he had with the goalie. He had enough time to go round the goalie in the first occasion. But he was too casual with the chance which allowed the goalie to make the safe. Alli is still young but he is simply wasting too many easy goal scoring chances for both club and country. Was again annoyed that Eriksen failed to score from the freekick in the last minute of injury time.

After keeping the clean sheet against ManCity last time, it is a bit annoying to concede the goal the way we did against WBA. To make it worse, we let our former player Chadli score ! I think Lloris has to take the blame for the goal as he failed to deal with the shot properly. He could have pushed the ball out instead of trying to catch it. Our defence too should not have given Chadli all the time in the world to score from that distance. Hope Alderweireld is not badly injured and will be back soon.

It is frustrating that we have wasted the chance to move into the first place in the league again. It is also annoying that we can't seem to overcome the WBA jinx. Let's hope we can do much better when we meet them at home later in the season.

I guess 3 things are certain about us every season : we failing to beat our bogey team WBA, we making mediocre goalkeepers looking like world class and our former players scoring against us. It is good that we are still unbeaten after 8 matches of the season. But just like last season, we are drawing too many matches. These dropped points are certain to come back to affect us later in the season. This is another match we could have won comfortably. But our failure to make our chances count means we had to come from behind to even get a point.

This match proves yet again that we badly lack a clinical goal scorer like Kane.
For all his hard work, Janssen just doesn't look like scoring a league goal for us now. Lamela had a quite game but thought it was a mistake to take him off. We should have replaced Janssen instead. I think Lamela's creativity would have been usefull in the later stages of the game. Son didn't have a much impact when he came on but at least he was involved in the lead up to our goal.

Credit to Alli for scoring our only goal to force the draw. But he was also guilty of wasting 2 good chances to score in the first half. I think Alli should have scored at least 1 of the 2 one-on-one chances he had with the goalie. He had enough time to go round the goalie in the first occasion. But he was too casual with the chance which allowed the goalie to make the safe. Alli is still young but he is simply wasting too many easy goal scoring chances for both club and country. Was again annoyed that Eriksen failed to score from the freekick in the last minute of injury time.

After keeping the clean sheet against ManCity last time, it is a bit annoying to concede the goal the way we did against WBA. To make it worse, we let our former player Chadli score ! I think Lloris has to take the blame for the goal as he failed to deal with the shot properly. He could have pushed the ball out instead of trying to catch it. Our defence too should not have given Chadli all the time in the world to score from that distance. Hope Alderweireld is not badly injured and will be back soon.

It is frustrating that we have wasted the chance to move into the first place in the league again. It is also annoying that we can't seem to overcome the WBA jinx. Let's hope we can do much better when we meet them at home later in the season.

Hugo made a blinding save to keep the shot out... It was moussa letting Chaldi have a free run on the shot that was the probelm

And foster isn't a mediocre keeper. He is a very good one. He always plays well against us too (remember the league cup final)

I do agree that Alli should have done better with one of his one on ones ( the second one)

And eriksens free kick at the end was a top drawer free kick that was well saved again

We played well. Well enough to win 2-0 or 3-1. Foster just happened to have the game of his life. Alli could have done better on the one-on-one, but he made it up with a well-taken goal. I mean, City missed two penalties. Now that would have been hair-pulling bad had it happened to us.
True. Hope we don't focus too much on a keeper having a great game. The power is with us, keep working on our finishing, let's be clinical, and show the same attacking intent once we went 1-0 down. That same urgency should be shown at 0-0.

The determination we showed when 1-0, and Son on, was what we needed earlier. Poch entertaining title talk didn't help - too entitled - when we needed to go into the game hungry fighting back. But we made chances, and they defended manfully. Eriksen, Lamela, Sissoko, Davies, Alli not ruthless enough with their shots. None were easy, but at this level you have to take them. A lot of young players, bar Sissoko who's no goal scorer, and we showed a lack of maturity to kill them off. It's not a new problem.

How does Poch fix it? Son is a good finisher, better than Lamela in terms of attacking end product. Sissoko hasn't scored goals anywhere. Eriksen, so accurate in the past, doesn't find the corer of the goal enough. When we break or attack we don't seem to have a shape, a bit school yard in our movement - all sprinting without much plan often bunched together. So there is work to do - breaking, passing on the break, and being clinical. Taking emotion out of attacking, and working the ball into space and then finding the corner of the net.

Poch was a defender, and while we have some silky skills in attack, we need to hone our attacking play to be more clinical.

Didn't Poch say it was too early to talk about titles? I think that's him playing it with a straight bat.

He did say we'd improved since last year, and I think that's fair comment.

Back