• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v West Bromwich Albion***

We did well to get the equalizer. Watching with mate, also scarred by the 90's, saying "we're not going to equalize, that's the difference between us and the top top teams, we're not gonna score" etc.

We have a problem in regards to beating the likes of West Bromwich. It's an issue and needs to be resolved. We just lack the guile and need a class player to unlock defences.

Janssen hold up play great. Players need to get closer to him. He would be better with a partner upfront.

2 points dropped. Another chance missed to go top. City drawing, scum x2 winning. Not a great weekend.

A couple of points from todays game. Why did we get rid of Chadli, to bring in Sissoko? Chadli scores and the other guy hides. Janssen, sorry he's just not up to EPL standard. he has no first touch at all.

I agree it doesn't look a great decision at the moment - especially considering their relative prices and ages

Still prepared to give him and VJ some time though.

We have a problem in regards to beating the likes of West Bromwich. It's an issue and needs to be resolved. We just lack the guile and need a class player to unlock defences.

Janssen hold up play great. Players need to get closer to him. He would be better with a partner upfront.

2 points dropped. Another chance missed to go top. City drawing, scum x2 winning. Not a great weekend.

It seems that whenever we have the chance to go top, we blow it.

A couple of points from todays game. Why did we get rid of Chadli, to bring in Sissoko? Chadli scores and the other guy hides. Janssen, sorry he's just not up to EPL standard. he has no first touch at all.
Did Chadli want to play more regularly?
He is by far the best finisher we have had in recent years, cf time on pitch and goals.
Some of our guys have to work on their finishing including Dele, despite his goal, Sissoko and Janssen. We have a habit of shooting straight at the defender standing in front. We could just square it.
Jansen is getting greedy, the right foot shot which went sky-high could have been rolled to Dele a few yards away.

How many teams beat them??? Not many. Most get a draw at their patch at best

They never ever get battered

Two dropped points. West Brom were there for the taking in the first half, but we didn't take advantage of it. The game was very similar to the game at the Lane last season. In the first half we dominated completely against a poor West Brom, the second half was the way West Brom want it.. a complete mess, lots of physical battles and the ball rarely in play.

I felt that we wasted the first 30 minutes of the game. West Brom were passive and let us play, but we were too content to pass the ball around nicely without showing any real intent to score. We played well in the last 15 minutes of the first half as we upped the tempo were more incisive in our passing, but we are rarely clinical enough in front of goal.

In the second half West Brom had clearly been told be more aggressive and to get in our faces. That was how they gave us trouble in the phases of the games when we struggled last season, so I'm surprised they didn't start that way. We didn't manage to settle down with the ball and establish play in their half, and there were too many stoppages abrupting the flow of the game. We also gave West Brom the set pieces they need to score.

Alderweireld's injury looked bad. A couple of months out at best, I reckon. Looked like he twisted his knee, so probably a ligament injury.

Another rubbish ref. He let them waste time all game long, and then didn't add on anything at the end either. Five minutes after Toby's injury, five substitutiosn and ball rarely being in play in the second half. What a fudging joke.

As I said, I'll happily settle for the point. Pulis has our number, and his shuttling, thoroughly unpleasant dung beetles (with the exception of the magnificent Chadders) did an effective job protecting what they had. We did well to test Foster, but they made their twenty percent of possession count as effectively as our eighty. Alli's goal was thoroughly deserved, and overall I'm very satisfied with our performance, but I can't help feeling that we won't really be justified in believing in this side's ability to destroy whomever they encounter until they can overcome Pulis' prokaryotic style of football and his shuttling, thoroughly unpleasant Con Air-style convict gang of a team (again, with the exception of Chadders).

Positives -

- Janssen's ridiculous upper body strength - for someone who perhaps doesn't have the toned physique of a Chadli or a Ronaldo, Janssen's just ridiculously effective at backing into defenders and creating miles of space for himself on the turn. He's much better at it than Son, and I'd say that he's even better at it than Kane.

- Dembele returns - good to see. We'll need him.

- Eriksen - quietly effective today. Didn't give the ball away, and looked more dangerous drifting into advanced central areas than he did earlier this season.

Negatives -

- Toby - Toby. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

- Janssen's lack of a cutting edge - As mentioned earlier, he has the upper body strength of Atlas. Sadly, he looks like he has the attacking instincts of a Galapagos tortoise.

Shame about Toby's injury. Hopefully not to serious. Otherwise, Poch could have used that sub towards the end of the game to bring Nkoudou on to give us a different option

Janssen played well first half, no one played well second. How many actual chances did Janssen get to score, when people say he has "no cutting edge". He setup Eriksen and was a good point of attack. Second half we needed Son on earlier and to keep our play from the first half. Instead we vacated midfield and let them in.

Poch said Chadli was in his plans, but Chadli wanted out.

TA's injury didn't look too bad if you ask me - JV kicked him so difficult to see that he's done his ACL or twisted his knee or something like that.

Regarding the point, not the ideal result but all teams will drop points in these sort of games over the course of a season so its not the end of the world. If we win next week then this point won't see like such a bad result

We were poor second half but I didn't understand why we brought on Dembele and went 4-2-3-1. We encouraged them to be more positive but weren't able to break on them.
Personally against these types of teams you need people who can dribble into the box. Lamela did it just before he was taken off, delightful clip off his right foot, implies he can go around the outside to bye line on the right wing, but doesn't do it much.
IMO it needed GKN to have a go on McLean's side with him on yellow. I was amazed to see Demble who did nothing.
We also needed Son to be the second sub as we needed another goal threat on the pitch.

Chadli was invisible all game until he scored

I agree he scores but it's no coincidence were a better side without him.

Jimmy Greaves was invisible in most games and then bang , bang, into the net. I couldn't give a brick if a player does nothing for 85 minutes if they end up scoring. Sissoko has a crap scoring record everywhere he has played. I do not know why we bought him in.

Back