• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v sunlun***

Think we should just forget about the title. It will be incredibly hard to get top 4. By tomorrow it could be 3 points between 2nd and 6th!

if we finish any lower than second from here, assuming no crazy injury crisis, i'd consider that a failure

Another chance to take advantage of rivals dropping points sleep-walked through, but then it seems you can always trust Spurs to drop their game to meet the level of the opposition. At least while Dembele and Son were still on, we seemed to be getting into promising positions, even if we did fuсk all with them. That totally dried up when Sissoko and Janssen appeared.
To be fair to Janssen he was getting balls pummelled at him from 50yds, not to mention Poch didn't give him time to get into the game.
They moved Sissoko into the middle, presumably to get him to drive into the box, but he promptly disappeared, then Walker looked right and there was no one there, so ended up crossing up and unders from deep.
Some brainless decisions from our players today perhaps showing we still can't cope with pressure. I guess until we actually win something that will remain.

To be honest, when the lads came out of the tunnel they looked cold and miserable and were looking at the disabled mascot and feeling a bit damp and lifeless and sorry for themselves.

There wasn't any pumped up hype and spunk, just a bunch of cold lads oop north, willing to partake in a game of football.

The Cheats have won the title now, barring some sort of major collapse, so we need to fight with the rest.

Team P GD Pts
1 Chelsea 23 32 56
2 Tottenham 23 29 47
3 Arsenal 23 26 47
4 Liverpool 23 24 46
5 Emirates Marketing Project 22 15 43
6 Man Utd 22 12 41

It's where a psychologist manager really works his magic. Ferguson would have got his team focused, hungry. Something happened when Dembele was hacked down. The team lost their focus, possession and started looking desperate giving away fouls (ref did not help). At half time, Poch probably said, stay patient - right thing to say. But the team were ponderous. You can be patient and play fast. We didn't.

We would have to win almost every game to be in with a chance.

To be fair to Janssen he was getting balls pummelled at him from 50yds, not to mention Poch didn't give him time to get into the game.
They moved Sissoko into the middle, presumably to get him to drive into the box, but he promptly disappeared, then Walker looked right and there was no one there, so ended up crossing up and unders from deep.
Some brainless decisions from our players today perhaps showing we still can't cope with pressure. I guess until we actually win something that will remain.

if the players were under any more pressure tonight than they were back in august that's a failure of management, you play the league in installments, no one game has any more importance than the other 37

i'd be amazed, and extremely disappointed, if Poch had put extra emphasis on today's game

I missed Winks (again), I think he deserves a start against Middlesbrough.

Sissoko is just so frustrating. I'm actually getting annoyed seeing him on the pitch in our shirt. Far from the only underperforming player today mind.

Oh, no, I was referring to Son.

He wasn't great tonight. Against Wickham I don't think he was any worse than most. Tonight he was frustrating because he was getting into good positions but not using them. With time and confidence, he will start to use the ball better. We've seen he can.

These games were complicating us until we started to play with 3 defenders, from there we crush the defensive teams, today it was 3 4 2 1

Sissoko is just so frustrating. I'm actually getting annoyed seeing him on the pitch in our shirt. Far from the only underperforming player today mind.

True. It when he came on he did a combination of fouls and offside that I think a child could avoid

if the players were under any more pressure tonight than they were back in august that's a failure of management, you play the league in installments, no one game has any more importance than the other 37

i'd be amazed, and extremely disappointed, if Poch had put extra emphasis on today's game

I don't think the mind works that way, pressure always tells in sport. Every snooker club in the country has a player that can make 100 breaks. If there was no more pressure in one game than another, they could go on the telly and beat Ronnie O'Sullivan, but it doesn't work that way.

See Arsenal tonight, they'd have known Chelsea have a tough away fixture whilst they have a winnable home game (haha Watford) and the chance to beat Chelsea in the game after. They could smell it, getting back into the mix. And they choked, as they have done for years and years now.

We are very similar to them, but we have a younger team and less money, so more of an excuse.

Everyone plays everyone else twice. But pressure and momentum count for a lot in sport, football is no different imo.

if we finish any lower than second from here, assuming no crazy injury crisis, i'd consider that a failure

Got tbh think thats a tad harsh, bearing in mind we are only 1pt ahead of Liverpool, still having to go there. They only have 15 games left, whereas( we wont), but, potentially we could have 29.
Not saying they will finish above us, but they have a big advantage on that score and its not like we are 5,6 or 7 pts clear of the teams around us

We always miss the players who aren't playing. Our forward players were not on their game today. Not sure what difference Winks would have made.

Got tbh think thats a tad harsh, bearing in mind we are only 1pt ahead of Liverpool, still having to go there. They only have 15 games left, whereas( we wont), but, potentially we could have 29.
Not saying they will finish above us, but they have a big advantage on that score and its not like we are 5,6 or 7 pts clear of the teams around us
And level on points with Arsenal. City likely typo move up to a point behind us and United to two points behind that again. It's very close. But unrealistic standards for failure is nothing new I suppose.

Back