• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Southampton ***

What are people's views on the penalty shouts today? I'm still 50/50 on Alli's, there was definitely contact but he also left his left leg dangling.

Soton had a good shout for a pen. The penalty came shortly after a free kick awarded to Soton for which the player who received the ball for the foul was offside you could argue it wouldn't have happened had the linesman done his job. Still techincally a pen for me though, Davies kicked Tadic.

Funnily enough they showed them just now and both pundits (Shearer and Murphy fwiw) both thought neither were pens. Looking at both myself i think ours was 55:45 towards being a pen whilst theirs was more like 50:50...if you get what i mean.
Plus Tadic flopped to the ground like a seal

What are people's views on the penalty shouts today? I'm still 50/50 on Alli's, there was definitely contact but he also left his left leg dangling.

Soton had a good shout for a pen. The penalty came shortly after a free kick awarded to Soton for which the player who received the ball for the foul was offside you could argue it wouldn't have happened had the linesman done his job. Still techincally a pen for me though, Davies kicked Tadic.

I agree, need to see more angles on the alli one, and yeah tadic was offside

Both pens for me

If you look at the stats of other clubs midfielders,they are well ahead of us. We are lacking behind in goals from this area. We must move forward in this area if we are to be a more comprehensive football team!
What other teams and players? I don't think any other club has 4 players with over 10 league goals. Not sure what you're on about.

I see what you're getting it. When we first signed him, I thought we'd pulled off an unbelievable coup. He's been the best keeper we've had in my lifetime but I can see where you're coming from about him losing his nerve at times. This and his distribution are the only things stopping him from being one of the true elite top 3 keepers in world football. He's arguably 2nd or 3rd behind Courtois and perhaps De Goa but I can't see teams like Real signing him for example, which is very good for us.

I think he's at his level to tell the truth, he's in the handful of best keepers in the league playing for one of the top 4/5 teams in the country.
He has the best passing accuracy of any GK in the PL. Not quite sure what the fudge you'd want him to do when he gets a knee high bouncing pass under pressure.

What other teams and players? I don't think any other club has 4 players with over 10 league goals. Not sure what you're on about.

Not disagreeing with your overall sentiment, but who are the four players in Spurs squad that have over 10 league goals? I can only remember Kane and Alli...

He has the best passing accuracy of any GK in the PL. Not quite sure what the fudge you'd want him to do when he gets a knee high bouncing pass under pressure.

You can have the best passing stats in a team like ours where we ask our centre-backs to split and move wide; its passing FORWARDS where Lloris is suspect compared to others in the top bracket like Neuer or Ter Stegen etc

@OptaJoe
10 - Spurs have now won 10 successive league games at White Hart Lane – their longest run since October 1987 (14 in a row). Formidable.

@Bet365
Spurs' home form in the Premier League:
WDWWDWWWWWWWWWW
Scored - 35
Conceded - 7
Fortress White Hart Lane.

C7US4HYXwAEi_IQ.jpg:large

C7S4K6CW4AEvl_0.jpg

C7S4MFEX0AAPrGR.jpg

Which stats?
I'll take us being second in the league at this stage of the season. I feel comprehensively far better about Spurs than at almost any time in my 26 years supporting them.

Well Off course....but if we were fireing on all cylinders ie ,Dembele or Wanyama scoring on the odd occasion you would feel even better.
These players are not scoring are they?
It would add more to the Team if these players could pose more of a threat.
I did look at stats of all the goal scorers in the Prem and felt some of our regulars were not scoring.
Anyway..who was that chelsmell player who won them the game against manure?
I want to see some of our midfield winning games for us as well!

Thank the good Lord that Erickson is scoring again.....

CoyS.............

You can have the best passing stats in a team like ours where we ask our centre-backs to split and move wide; its passing FORWARDS where Lloris is suspect compared to others in the top bracket like Neuer or Ter Stegen etc
And Bayern and Barca don't play short from the GK????

Last edited:

The laws of the game does not say that there has to be contact. He was impeded, therefore it's a foul and a penalty since it's inside the box. Alli should have had a second penalty as well.

The laws of the game does not say that there has to be contact. He was impeded, therefore it's a foul and a penalty since it's inside the box. Alli should have had a second penalty as well.
Ehhhh..... No. Alli should definitely not had another pen. Not even close! Romeu just poked the ball away. Dele constructs the first one, but it's still a penalty. I'm not sure Davies even touched Tadic, and Tadic didn't get the ball either, as it continued out of the penalty area. No pen.

Funny, I had this debate with my mate. He felt the same as you. One thing though, he absolutely did NOT ever hide. Not in his nature. He dropped deeper because both Son and Eriksen simply could not push on like they were first-half, furthermore I think he was under orders to cover Walker more than usual/keep an eye due to fitness; he also passed a late test so was carrying something himself.

I would have started Winks today over Moose for reasons discussed above, and still feel that our main tempo issues stem from Moose not Wanyama. I am
a major Winks fan and have been for a while. Despite some criticisms, for me Poch got his subs right today given his first 11.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He obviously doesn't hide from his defensive responsibilities. But when we have the ball and our opponents close us down high up the pitch he prefers not to get involved too much. Perhaps for the better as involvements in those situations isn't exactly his strength. But it means playing through opponents when they press us becomes that much more difficult.

I think this was a good game for Dembele and Wanyama together. Vertonghen is back (important) and it was likely going to be a fairly open game with Southampton not being particularly happy to press way up (like City or Liverpool) or likely to completely sit back and park the bus. Keeping a good balance and stopping counter attacks when we do dominate in these games becomes more important.

Its so Spurs "fortress White Hart Lane" brilliant............then we leave and go to Wombley which is more like a colander for us.

You could not write it..........

That's a fine example of stats not showing the complete picture. He's fine when he only has to pass it sideways 10 yards. Forward passes on the other hand or goal kicks.

Apart from not being able to kick the full length of the pitch, there's not much wrong with his kicking. I can't think of anyone who's significantly better than him.

@OptaJoe
10 - Spurs have now won 10 successive league games at White Hart Lane – their longest run since October 1987 (14 in a row). Formidable.

@Bet365
Spurs' home form in the Premier League:
WDWWDWWWWWWWWWW
Scored - 35
Conceded - 7
Fortress White Hart Lane.

C7US4HYXwAEi_IQ.jpg:large

C7S4K6CW4AEvl_0.jpg

C7S4MFEX0AAPrGR.jpg

That 1987 team...how we never won anything I will never know. Tbh though never realised we won 14 on the boucne thta seaosn

Back