• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield Utd ***

Seemed like the pitch was quite slippery today, wot? It seems to affect Spurs more though, Solomon in particular but also VdV (I think) at a crucial moment. Maybe they were wearing the wrong studs/boots. Did it look that way to those in the stands?

Seemed like the pitch was quite slippery today, wot? It seems to affect Spurs more though, Solomon in particular but also VdV (I think) at a crucial moment. Maybe they were wearing the wrong studs/boots. Did it look that way to those in the stands?

It looks that way to me at most games, our players often lose their footing, our manager might like the pitch watered to quicken up the play.

I've noticed that all season. I thought that maybe the players would change their footwear at half time but alas , several players were still slipping all over the place in the second half.

Since we’ve had this pitch in a tray we’ve had a slippery pitch. I wondered whether we could use slightly longer boot studs for more grip. But that might slow us down. When changing direction quickly players often lose their footing.

Some situations are yes, but the booking is the price you pay, there are many things against the rules that players regularly, and rightly, do.

I agree players do break the rules regularly either through personal traits or instant reactions to events, but time wasting by a team is a tactical plan by management as is the professional foul regularly seen by City and Liverpool when they lose possession and should be punished. Cheating has become acceptable in most sports, oh here he goes again, but as most of the media pundits are explayers they see nothing wrong with it and have come up with the game management phrase to legitimise it.

Non football related but having a 3pm kickoff on a Saturday when West Ham are at home made a massive difference to our travelling time. For years we have not been scheduled with playing either on the same day or with the same starting time as them and estimated a regular travel time, but yesterday we only arrived at the ground at 2.30 after leaving home 30 minutes earlier than usual due to my sons injured foot, this was a disaster as I didn't get my pint until 2 minutes before kick off and had to miss first 10 minutes of game.

After that dramatic, stoppage time fightback, can you just imagine how energetic, upbeat and fun training will be this week before our visit to Arsenal?

Especially given how effectively our subs played. Even Emerson Royal looked good, though he gets little mention. Everyone on Spurs - regardless of their role - simply has to be on full perk heading into the NLD.

Of which, I will further say nowt.

After that dramatic, stoppage time fightback, can you just imagine how energetic, upbeat and fun training will be this week before our visit to Arsenal?

Especially given how effectively our subs played. Even Emerson Royal looked good, though he gets little mention. Everyone on Spurs - regardless of their role - simply has to be on full perk heading into the NLD.

Of which, I will further say nowt.

They play today and Wednesday too. Hopefully that affects them. 5 or 6 injuries and a few red cards today please.

What a day !!

Those wins are the best type of wins for me
The belief the players, Ange and the fans had that we would get back into the game was obvious
The atmosphere was awesome, we need it for every game like that, make the Lane a fortress again
The scenes when the winner went in were literally crazy, I ended up at least 10 seats to the right of where my seat is hahah

Finally, the ref, wow, possibly the worst reffing display I have ever seen

It's the kind of spirit and keep going until the end mentality we had under early Poch. Good to see.
Quite right. Reminiscent of the comeback at Swansea under Poch. IIRC we were two down with just minutes to play …. and ended up winning 3-2. Happy days are here again .

Just seen this.

How is that not a pen?? Terrible officiating.

It's quite a high bar, but for me personally, that was up there with some of the worst performances I have seen from a set of officials. Not quite on a par with Chris Foy at Stoke in 2011, but my word it was in the ballpark.
Shocking display, the wife predicted a brawl on the pitch could happen in the 2nd half, at one point it looked like she was going to be correct

What a day !!

Those wins are the best type of wins for me
The belief the players, Ange and the fans had that we would get back into the game was obvious
The atmosphere was awesome, we need it for every game like that, make the Lane a fortress again

The scenes when the winner went in were literally crazy, I ended up at least 10 seats to the right of where my seat is hahah

Finally, the ref, wow, possibly the worst reffing display I have ever seen

Loved seeing Maddison geeing up the South Stand on about 89=90 min mark..he believed

I'm not long home from the game. My ears are still ringing! The noise when Deki scored, wow! It was a pure blare, beyond a crowd roar, and I was in the Paxton. Even beat the noise at the Arse 3 nil game. Awesome!

Whereabouts in the Paxton were you yesterday?

Back