• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield Utd ***

I understand your point about the south stand, that's a family stand but you must admit it's a jungle in the concourse at half time, people pushing their way through with little concern for anyone else, it's no good how ever big your dad is if hes not holding on to you. I think the idea that kids get savvy is cute, most kids and teenagers think they've indestructable, that's why hospitals casualty departments are full of them.

It's how they learn. You can't wrap them up in cotton wool forever. Sooner or later they will be exposed to the real world.

Do you remember who we played that day?

My memory of my first game is so faint now. But I remember being at the back of the stand with my grandfather and father, both no longer with me. I think we won 1-0 (possibly against Forest), it wasn't a great game, and I didn't know what was going on! But that was it. From then on you knew. Your footballing identity was set.

Many year laters my grandfather recalled being taken himself as a young kid. His dad and uncles formed a human shield around him and other kids. Back then it was all terraces no doubt.

We don't inherit a great deal of our identities in such a transient world. To think this affiliation, at times afliction, at times blessing, and all the great comradery, can date back over a centry! Or will do with future generations. It's extremely poingent.

Funny enough i do it was against Fulham ( the reason i do is because i was born in Fulham so that is easy to remember) not sure about the score though but we did win and i remember big Dave getting a stormer.

It's how they learn. You can't wrap them up in cotton wool forever. Sooner or later they will be exposed to the real world.

Alright I'm wrong taking under 5s to football is character building and helps them understand the world and is extremely safe.

Funny enough i do it was against Fulham ( the reason i do is because i was born in Fulham so that is easy to remember) not sure about the score though but we did win and i remember big Dave getting a stormer.

Do you know the year? Wondering if we can track down a news report of the game!

I wish I knew how old I was for my first visit to the lane. Will do some investigating maybe I can tally the score and appx year.

Do you know the year? Wondering if we can track down a news report of the game!

I wish I knew how old I was for my first visit to the lane. Will do some investigating maybe I can tally the score and appx year.

61/62 it was the year after the double ( some bright spark will accuse me of beig a glory hunter :))

Alright I'm wrong taking under 5s to football is character building and helps them understand the world and is extremely safe.

Not sure where under 5s came from?

They're your grandkids. You bring them up how you want. But is it going to be any safer for an 11 year old than a 7 year old? Are they going to get into a fight? Or be exposed to swearing? Nothing is extremely safe.

As for character building, that was in reply to being brought up as a spurs supporter. Nothing to do with going to games.

Not sure where under 5s came from?

They're your grandkids. You bring them up how you want. But is it going to be any safer for an 11 year old than a 7 year old? Are they going to get into a fight? Or be exposed to swearing? Nothing is extremely safe.

As for character building, that was in reply to being brought up as a spurs supporter. Nothing to do with going to games.

The girl in the video looks under 5, I'm obviously out of step but hold to my belief it's not a good environment for young children as there are far to many people about who have been drinking and in an excited emotional state. I like a drink probably more than the next man but never had a drink when I took my kids to football I suppose it's the memories of the hooliganism of the 70s

I understand your point about the south stand, that's a family stand but you must admit it's a jungle in the concourse at half time, people pushing their way through with little concern for anyone else, it's no good how ever big your dad is if hes not holding on to you. I think the idea that kids get savvy is cute, most kids and teenagers think they've indestructable, that's why hospitals casualty departments are full of them.

"I think the idea that kids get savvy is cute, most kids and teenagers think they've indestructable, that's why hospitals casualty departments are full of them."

Do you really think she will end up in casualty department? I would think she'll learn/be taught where the "nasty boys/men" start kicking off and learn to avoid them. She'll learn to stay out of the way and watch from a safe distance, if not at all. Probably like you and me, who can spot a d!ckhead (or group thereof a mile away) she will act accordingly.

Ultimately she and her peers will shape the game going forward and for the better.

Would you rather she think "I can't go to football matches because it's just a thing that 40, 50, 60 year old blokes go to and think I'm billy big 8ollocks and will kick everybody into next week"?

That said..... this particular video may blow my argument (in respect of this kid)
out of the window :rolleyes:

https://www.tiktok.com/@chopsysfootballdiary/video/7228183533225872646

Last edited:
"I think the idea that kids get savvy is cute, most kids and teenagers think they've indestructable, that's why hospitals casualty departments are full of them."

Do you really think she will end up in casualty department? I would think she'll learn/be taught where the "nasty boys/men" start kicking off and learn to avoid them. She'll learn to stay out of the way and watch from a safe distance, if not at all. Probably like you and me, who can spot a d!ckhead (or group thereof a mile away) she will act accordingly.

Ultimately she and her peers will shape the game going forward and for the better.

Would you rather she think "I can't go to football matches because it's just a thing that 40, 50, 60 year old blokes go to and think I'm billy big 8ollocks and will kick everybody into next week"?

That said..... this particular video may blow my argument (in respect of this kid)
out of the window :rolleyes:

https://www.tiktok.com/@chopsysfootballdiary/video/7228183533225872646

You're probably right nothing will ever happen, just go enjoy yourself.

Back